Questions for early Alaskan cruisers!

Does anyone have questions to add to the pool? Does anyone know of others that will be tweeting and/or blogging on the May 3rd cruise?

Is the general dining dress code different on the Alaskan cruises?

The e-mail I received said the following:

Days
• Onboard casual wear (shorts, slacks, jeans, long sleeve shirts)
• Comfortable shoes (sneakers, hiking boots, good socks)
• Port wear (Wool or fleece sweater, waterproof jacket. turtleneck, comfortable long sleeve shirts, hats, gloves)
• Comfy warm coats, gloves, hats.
• Nice dining attire (no jeans or shorts at dinner, please)
• Optional formal attire.

My understanding is that the "no jeans" part is different than usual

They are going to be offering a new specialty hot drink every night according to a blog I just read!

Thanks for doing this! We leave on June 21 and I'm happy to get whatever details I can.

My specific question is what characters were onboard in "special" attire?

I know when we did the transatlantic, they had the fab 5 and some of the others in pirate costumes for pirate night and in Spanish styled garb when we got to Spain. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Alaska!

Is the general dining dress code different on the Alaskan cruises?

The e-mail I received said the following:

Days
• Onboard casual wear (shorts, slacks, jeans, long sleeve shirts)
• Comfortable shoes (sneakers, hiking boots, good socks)
• Port wear (Wool or fleece sweater, waterproof jacket. turtleneck, comfortable long sleeve shirts, hats, gloves)
• Comfy warm coats, gloves, hats.
• Nice dining attire (no jeans or shorts at dinner, please)
• Optional formal attire.

My understanding is that the "no jeans" part is different than usual

hmmm... I have not gotten an email recently. That is different; as it does not usually state anything about jeans; it usually just says no shorts..

im on the july 5th cruise. I would like to get as much info as i can get. I think it would be odd to dress up for pirate night if its a taste of alaska menu. That is some info i would like to know for sure.

I'm sooooo excited that we will finally find out the particulars about the Alaska cruises. We're on the June 21 sailing!!:woohoo:

So excited... 4 weeks from tomorrow for me! :cool1:

Don't forget your binoculars everyone! LOL! Never thought I'd go on a cruise that I would actually need binoculars.

Our family is taking the second sailing on May 10th. :yay: I will answer any questions when we get back that haven't already been answered.

None of us have been on a cruise with DCL. I'm researching like crazy. :surfweb:

My specific question is what characters were onboard in "special" attire?

I can picture Donald in a lumberjack outfit -- plaid shirt, cap with ear flaps. I hope they don't trust goofy with an axe. 8^)

If somebuddy has a chance to talk to the captain, puhleeze ask him a coupla questions about next years itineraries: (1) Is there any chance of staying more than three hrs in Victoria, and (2) When the Wonder sails to Hawaii will she sail past the erupting Kilauea volcano at night to see the lava glowing?

Our family is taking the second sailing on May 10th. :yay: I will answer any questions when we get back that haven't already been answered.

None of us have been on a cruise with DCL. I'm researching like crazy. :surfweb:

I am on the same cruise...I may blog realtime, I will let you guys know...

Are time port times listed on Disney cruise website correct? Is the ship really only in each port around 4 hours? That does not seem like much at all. Also, I see the excursions r very expensive. Is anyone venturing off on their own excursione?

Thanks all!

Are time port times listed on Disney cruise website correct? Is the ship really only in each port around 4 hours? That does not seem like much at all. Also, I see the excursions r very expensive. Is anyone venturing off on their own excursione?

Thanks all!

Are you referring to the 2011 or the 2012 cruises?

For the 2011 cruises, the port times I've got are:

Skagway: 7:15 AM to 7:30 PM
Juneau: 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
Ketchikan: ??? to 7:30 PM

Thanks all!
If you're talking about 2012, then yes, as far as we know, the port times are correct. Only a half day in Juneau and in Ketchikan, and Victoria is only 3 hours in the evening. Definitely not much. Skagway is the only full day you'd have on that cruise. The time changes seem to be to accommodate travel times from Seattle, to Victoria, etc.

Sayhello

I'm so jealous of everyone going on the Alaska cruise. I think this is my new plan for our honeymoon :love: I've always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise, and what better cruise line to go on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter