• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about ECV's at Disney

Renting a 3-wheeled scooter has been a game-changer for us. We have been using Walker Mobility for years and they are great to work with. The battery has lasted us from morning through late night without needing a charge, and their scooters are waterproof which has been a lifesaver on rainy Florida afternoons.

We've never had a problem with scooters we've rented from Disney or SeaWorld dying and we go from rope drop to closing. SeaWorld ones are really pricey now fyi. Now Gatorland, just a 1/2 day park, we wented a scooter and it dyed an hour later and we had to call and have dad recused (wasn't impressed). Like Gatorland, but haven't been back since that experience.

Last edited:
If you have a full day at AK the scooter should be charged for an hour or 2 at some point because it will likely come close to dying you don’t. There are a lot of hills at AK that tax the battery. Same at Epcot and other parks if there from open to late close; I’ve actually only had a problem at AK and Epcot. Finding a place to charge the ecv isn’t hard.

Agree. I found the battery to run low at these parks too and I charged the ECV every chance I got just to be on the safe side.
I've only rented from Gold. Gold uses extended batteries. Gold replsces their scooters often.

Never had a reason to charge during the day. That includes AK and scootering to EPCOT from EPCOT resorts

Another vote for Gold Mobility. Super easy to work with and their scooters almost always look brand new when we get them since they replace their fleet so regularly. And agree with others - get the 3 wheel one as those are so much easier to manuever.

My mom also uses Gold. I actually just rented one for her today for our February trip.
She always rents the three wheeled scooter.

The most important aspect of a scooter for me personally is portability because we visit offsite restaurants, shopping,
and attractions, and sometimes rent a car to get around. Golds says on their website that the GoGo Scooter has half the battery life of their regular Victory scooter. The shorter battery life is worth it to me to not be dependent on Disney transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter