Questions about CP

Hello Daniel
I was wondering if it is at all possible to switch jobs once you have accepted the role you were given.

How Many hours per week did you work?

What was the most
Difficult part of the job?

Most surprising?

How did you find a roommate?

Did you get the apartment you requested?

Did you always have two days off?

Do you know if anything positive about qsfb?

Thanks!

How Many hours per week did you work?

What was the most
Difficult part of the job?

Most surprising?

How did you find a roommate?

Did you get the apartment you requested?

Did you always have two days off?

Do you know if anything positive about qsfb?

Thanks!

Last edited:

The hours per week varied, in the beginning of my program I would average about 35 hours a week, however, towards the end of my program I was being scheduled up to 65 hours per week due to short staff and I was spring advantage so the other CPs I came in with had left.

I would say for me the most difficult part of the job at first was learning to drive the boats. They were big and intimidating, and I had never operated a watercraft before. It became easier the more practice I had, and eventually it was second nature.

To be honest, I was surprised at the amount of cast members who did not enjoy their job, you always picture cast members being so happy, but the ones I came across were not happy with their job, more so the management.

I knew a friend who was accepted and wanted to room with me, also we joined the facebook page and found others who we wanted to room with. I highly recommend joining the facebook page when looking for roommates, its a good way to make friends.

I wanted Patterson, but my roommates preferred Chatham, and we ended up being placed in Chatham. So yes we did get the apartment we requested.

No, I did not always have two days off. Some weeks I would have one, and there were some weeks I wasn't given any. This may have just been the situation with my location, but they can schedule you all 7 days.

Im sorry I have not heard anything regarding qsfb... if you join the pages on facebook, you can find past CPs who have worked in that location!
Sad about not enjoying the experience. I have heard the same having to deal with supervisor.

Which facebook page, Spring Advantage? I just haven't seen a lot about housing or much of anything. Is that the right place?

I'm doing the Spring Advantage 2017 February-August. Just have a few questions I need answered.

1.) After I request how many roommates I want, will I meet them for the first time on my arrival date?

2.) Which apartment complex is the nicest? And which complex usually has the most/best parties? I'm 21

I'm doing the Spring Advantage 2017 February-August. Just have a few questions I need answered.

1.) After I request how many roommates I want, will I meet them for the first time on my arrival date?

2.) Which apartment complex is the nicest? And which complex usually has the most/best parties? I'm 21

Not a CP, but a mom of one. My dd is just finishing her first program and has extended until May. This is what she found..
1. She made friends with a bunch of girls on the FB page. She even met one of them a few weeks before checkin. There was a total of 6 of them that wanted to room together. Because they were checking in on the last possible checkin date, they were limited to linking with just two other girls. They all met for the first time (except the girl that had met dd earlier) when they got to their apt. Dd was lucky that she got to room with two of her 'friends', and had three strangers.

2. That is a very subjective question. My dd was 22, almost 23, when she got to WDW in Sept. The last thing she wanted was a party atmosphere...had that in college! She wanted either Chatham or Patterson, but got Vista Way..which really upset her. She had heard that it was party central! Well, it hasn't been! VW is the oldest of the complexes, but it is the closest to the bus transportation, and has a Walgreens right at the end of the street!!! It's very centrally located. Her apt is dated but it's okay. As far as a party, most/best, I don't think you can say that any one complex has more parties. It all depends on your roommates and those around you.

Not a CP, but a mom of one. My dd is just finishing her first program and has extended until May. This is what she found..
1. She made friends with a bunch of girls on the FB page. She even met one of them a few weeks before checkin. There was a total of 6 of them that wanted to room together. Because they were checking in on the last possible checkin date, they were limited to linking with just two other girls. They all met for the first time (except the girl that had met dd earlier) when they got to their apt. Dd was lucky that she got to room with two of her 'friends', and had three strangers.

2. That is a very subjective question. My dd was 22, almost 23, when she got to WDW in Sept. The last thing she wanted was a party atmosphere...had that in college! She wanted either Chatham or Patterson, but got Vista Way..which really upset her. She had heard that it was party central! Well, it hasn't been! VW is the oldest of the complexes, but it is the closest to the bus transportation, and has a Walgreens right at the end of the street!!! It's very centrally located. Her apt is dated but it's okay. As far as a party, most/best, I don't think you can say that any one complex has more parties. It all depends on your roommates and those around you.
Thanks for the info! Also, is rent based on the number of roommates you have? Like is it divided amongst 3 or 4 people or is it a flat rate for each person no matter how many roommates you have?

Thanks for the info! Also, is rent based on the number of roommates you have? Like is it divided amongst 3 or 4 people or is it a flat rate for each person no matter how many roommates you have?
It's kind of a flat rate, that's divided between roommates. The larger the apt, with more people, means less rent. Fewer people means higher rent. It's not a huge difference, maybe $10-20 per week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter