question on pop century and rental cars

new

Earning My Ears
Hi, I have two rental cars on hold. One is from
Alamo, Orlando Disney Car Care 1000 Car Care Dr and the other is a little more expensive ($40) but it's closer to pop century, vs Budget
Kissimmee, 3011 Maingate Lane

My questions are:
1) will either car companies come and drop off the car to the pop century so we can just pick it up easily when we depart pop.
2) are both companies equally well to deal with. I have never rented a car before.

I’m going to move this to our Transportation board. You’ll find lots more information and discussion on car rentals there. :)

No, neither Alamo nor Budget deliver cars. The car care center will, however pick you up/drop you off at a Disney hotel. My suggestion is to leave your luggage with the hotel while picking up your car- only folks driving need to go (all drivers).

Last edited:
Renting from the Car Care Center is good. When you're at least (in February they needed more time) an hour from wanting to be picked up, call them (I google "car care center wdw" when I want to find the info, then click on "Learn more about Car Rental Services at Walt Disney World Resort." on that page to get here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/).

They'll pick you up from wherever you are on WDW property (with rules...like if you're at Magic Kingdom they tend to pick up at the Lost and Found center at TTC) and take you there. You go inside, check in, get a map, get your keys, go find the car they've told you to find. You then follow the signs back to where you need to go.

Hint: on Disney property know what "resort area" you're in and what "resort area" you want to go to. If you're in the Epcot resort area and want to go to MK, then you follow the signs to MK resort area, and then it'll narrow it down more and more. Picking up your car you'll be in the MK resort area. Go where you need to go from there.

I absolutely agree with SteveMouse; don't take *everyone* and luggage with you unless you're absolutely desperate to hit the road immediately. And still, don't' do that. You might very well waste more time getting everyone up and out and on the shuttle than you would heading back to Pop to get them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter