Question on Child Ride Swap ....

Geoffmakes3

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!! I need some help!! Our first trip with our latest addition -- a 19 month old -- I have a question on the child/ride swap .....

We're a family of 5 -- so if we go in line to ride, for example, Soarin', my DH and the 2 girls go on while I wait with the baby. Can the girls go again with me when it's my turn? Or do the older kids only go once, and I have to go by myself? Just wondering ......

Thanks for any info you guys can provide !!!!

18 days and countin' --- Jersey Week ---

I hope someone else comments on this because my memory may be a little off. I believe on Soarin', for example, they gave us a fastpass type ticket but it said "rider switch" or something and it was good for more than one person. My dh rode with daughter, then he stayed with ds while I rode with dd. The pass gave us immediate entry into the fastpass line. We got the pass from attendant before we entered the line.

We did the rider swap on many rides last trip since our youngest was just 15 months at the time. We would tell the CM at the entrance that we would need to do a rider swap. Sometimes they would give us a paper and then my DH and 2 DS would wait in the line until they rode while I and our DD waited. After they got off, I would take our 2 DS and myself on the ride and we usually entered on the fastpass line. I do remember a great deal of confusion when we tried to do the rider swap for Goofy's Barnstormer. The CM at the entrance told us to walk up the exit ramp and wait there for the swap to take place, but the CM's running the ride insisted that was not how it was supposed to be done, but they let us enter the ride that way anyway. When we did rider swaps when we had fastpasses for a ride (like Splash Mountain, Soarin, Test Track), the CM at the Fast Pass line would take 3 of our 4 fast passes and then DH and 2 DS's would ride, then I would take them on the ride and handed them our last fastpass. It really is a great system - espically since the kids get to experience the ride twice for just about the same wait time as once. Just an FYI - under the Splash Mountain ride is great little area for toddlers to play while you are waiting for the rest of your party to ride the ride. A wonderful place to exericise their little legs. HAVE FUN!

Thank you!!!

I was really hoping it would work that way, i don't want to miss out on our 2 DD's experiences just because a little DS has come along !!!! :goodvibes

I believe the rider switch pass is good for 3 people. We have the same family structure as you (2DDs and little DS). Our two DDs rode with both DH & I.

If you use fast Passes (like the other poster suggested) the first parent won't have to wait too long with the baby. The rider switch is wonderful. We would not have been able to do alot of attractions without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter