• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question from a cm spouse

jmkjr72

DIS Veteran
ok so dumb husband question
So my wife started working at the Disney store here about a week ago
Today we got our blue mep
So here comes the dumb husband question
We have an 11 day stay in sept of 19 booked as our disneymoon
We are considering bringing my 21 yo son for at least part of the trip
So if I understand right if we go to the park every day we will use 11 of her 16 visits no mater if it’s just her and I or her. And my son
Next question once we go into a park for a day if we separate can my son hop without us or come back into a park without us
Next dumb spouse question I’m assuming the mep can be linked in mde for booking fp
And another dumb spouse question if staying club level and using mep for your tickets can you buy the extra fp with 90 day window or do you need regular park tickets

Well they let us book at the cast member rate the same day she started plus we got our passes in the mail today with the effective date was her date of hire

Next question once we go into a park for a day if we separate can my son hop without us or come back into a park without us
Yes

Next dumb spouse question I’m assuming the mep can be linked in mde for booking fp
Yes

And another dumb spouse question if staying club level and using mep for your tickets can you buy the extra fp with 90 day window or do you need regular park tickets
Any CL guest can purchase the Extra FPs.

....you sound like MY DH....full of dumb questions! :rotfl:

Last edited:
....but srsly, you might want to direct these questions on the CM board....

EDIT: never mind....what happened to the CM Board? :confused3

....but srsly, you might want to direct these questions on the CM board....

EDIT: never mind....what happened to the CM Board? :confused3
It’s for CM access-only. Only the OP’s spouse can join and post.

Former CM spouse, I can answer some of your questions. First, the 16 visits... is really 16 days no matter how many people you bring. Example, we were a family of 6, we could all get in 16 times each. I was a little unclear and we never tested it, but he could theoretically get in unlimited number of times. Me and the kids had the limit. I was given my own Maingate pass, and I did use it without him one trip, so I have tested that, but you won’t get CM purchase/food discounts without the CM being present. All it did was get me into the park. Next, once you are in, you get regular tickets like everyone else, so your son could hop without you. Also, there are blackout dates for maingate passes. She’ll have access to those on the portal. Be aware, they can change as late as a week before your trip. But she should get several guest passes through the year that can be used on black out dates. You can link to MDE for the purposes of making fast passes ect, however, unless it’s changed, you do not get 60+ days. I think we got 10 day access. We only went once together since Fastpass plus was in place. As far as scheduling rooms, again that is something she would schedule through the portal. It’s not CM discount % off current promotions. There are specific rooms listed with a cast member price. Dining plans almost never get a CM discount, so it’s usually not an option. I won’t say never because they were offered once that I know of on a really off season trip we considered.
Hope that helps explain it. She should get access to the portal and to the CM section of these boards and that’s where you guys will find the most information. A lot of times we just had to post hypotheticals and get responses from other CM’s about what works because it’s clear as mud as you can tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter