Question arriving late on last night of free dining

katieandemismom

DIS Veteran
I have friends who have booked during free dining. They are coming in on the last day to be able to get the free dining on a very late flight. They're worried that if the flight gets delayed or they get bumped to the next day, they'll lose their free dining. My gut says that if they pay for the night and call Disney to let them know, Disney should hold the room - right? I guess they got bumped a few years ago and didn't get another flight until around 4 the next day. Is she safe?

If you have a late flight, I'd call and have it noted on your (their) reservation--it certainly can't hurt. As far as checking in goes, I believe you're fine as long as you check in by 5 AM, when the days switch.

If your friends do get bumped at the last minute, I'd call Disney and let them know. I'm not sure if they would lose their dining or not, but it wouldn't hurt. If their flight is cancelled in advance, personally, I'd try for another flight that would bring me in before 5 AM, just in case.

I missed my connection and couldn't make it to Orlando until the next day. When I called CRO, I was told that because I was on a package that was paid for in advance, my room would be held for me and I would get my dining credits from the first night (even though I was not there). Your friends shouldn't have any problems. I would call WDW and have it noted on the reservation that they are a late arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter