Question about visiting resort hotels???

patman2011

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be going on a Disney cruise mid march of this year. After it is over we will have a few days in Orlando. We plan on going to Disney springs one of these days and we had though about maybe visiting some of the resort hotels that we had not been able to see on our past Disneyworld trips. Our question is will this be doable? I thought I remembered something in the past about only resort guests can park at Disney resort hotels but am not totally sure. Any info you can give is much appreciated. Thanks.

Anyone can go and park at the Disney resort hotels. There is a 3 hour parking limit. Although, if it does happen to be very busy, there is a chance they won't let you park if you are not staying there or have an adr.

Anyone can go and park at the Disney resort hotels. There is a 3 hour parking limit. Although, if it does happen to be very busy, there is a chance they won't let you park if you are not staying there or have an adr.
This. Not guaranteed entry but depending on the crowds you shouldn't have issues within the time limit.

You can also pay to valet park at the resorts and not have to worry about your car being towed should you exceed the three hour limit, though if you're only resort-hopping, I doubt you'll stay at each resort for such a length period of time.

Adding that if you do get denied at one of the resorts because it is too crowded, doubtful that would happen at another.
I have resort hopped a few times just to check them out.

My family and I will be going on a Disney cruise mid march of this year. After it is over we will have a few days in Orlando. We plan on going to Disney springs one of these days and we had thought about maybe visiting some of the resort hotels that we had not been able to see on our past Disneyworld trips.

Since you are planning to go to Disney Springs already, you can easily stay parked there and travel to the resorts you would like to visit. You can go back to the resorts via bus or for some via boat (like POFQ/POR). Then, you don't have to worry about any parking limitations at the resorts.

Do they ever really turn people away? I could imagine maybe CR on a super busy day. Any actual experiences of being denied a 3 hour pass?

Yes and yes.

Just curious. Which resorts? What time of year?

I've visited all of the deluxe except GF. The guards always seem pretty welcoming. I would be taken aback if they turned me away. I'm sure it happens especially at the Contemporary but I wouldn't think it is a common occurrence anywhere else.

I've visited all of the deluxe except GF. The guards always seem pretty welcoming. I would be taken aback if they turned me away. I'm sure it happens especially at the Contemporary but I wouldn't think it is a common occurrence anywhere else.

In my experience the Epcot resorts turn non-guests away during Food and Wine.

All 3 Epcot resorts during Food and Wine Festival and during Flower and Garden.

Poly in June, July and October.

CR in July and August.

All 3 Epcot resorts during Food and Wine Festival and during Flower and Garden.

Poly in June, July and October.

CR in July and August.

Good to know. Being turned away from the Boardwalk would be a pain (not that it should be used as a parking lot for Epcot) if you just wanted to visit the area. A lot more options to get to a monorail resort.

Is preference given to guests staying at another Disney resort? I've visited Poly in July (and Boardwalk but not food and wine) while staying at CBR. They scanned my MB and waved me through. Or maybe I was just lucky and they weren't too crowded.

Good to know. Being turned away from the Boardwalk would be a pain (not that it should be used as a parking lot for Epcot) if you just wanted to visit the area. A lot more options to get to a monorail resort.

Is preference given to guests staying at another Disney resort? I've visited Poly in July (and Boardwalk but not food and wine) while staying at CBR. They scanned my MB and waved me through. Or maybe I was just lucky and they weren't too crowded.

You were lucky. I think it all depends on the guard and how busy the resort is. My friend joined us for the day when we were staying at the BC in December, and was fine. I am not sure that would have been the case later in the month.

Our experience was for Poly and GF on MNSSHP nights. You had to have a dinner ressie to park at the resort. We stay at BCV during F & W and on any given day (if needed) they will restrict parking especially at the BW. These were our experiences not only this past Oct, but the last few trips in Oct. I think guests are getting really fed up trying to find a parking space at their home resort when they are paying a premium for a resort close to a park.

Got turned away from Yacht Club/Boardwalk 2 years ago during NFL awards weekend but was able to park at the Boardwalk overflow parking (which I didn't know existed at the time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter