Question about using Annual Pass discount on room

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

So I'm going to be buying an annual pass soon and then going for a trip in May. I don't intend on activating my annual pass until I'm up there. My question is, do I need to go to the parks before I go to my hotel to activate my annual pass before checking in? How will this work if I do online check-in? I wasn't planning on going to the parks on my arrival day, but the following day. I had read that you have to have the annual pass activated to get the room discount and I don't want to lose that. Has anyone done this before?

The last time I did this, the CM let me upgrade the next day because we got in so late that parks were closed. I showed it at the front desk after returning from the park on day 2.

This time we're getting in early and visiting DS first, where I'll upgrade at GR before going to the resort. Are you able to do that? I do think that if GR is open, you should go ahead and activate it. That way you'll avoid any issues.

The resort will give you 24 hours to return to the front desk and show them your AP. I've done this twice now.

Thanks! We are driving up from South Florida so will probably have time to go to the park to activate it, I just wasn't sure about the logistics. We are going to park at the hotel first and have all our luggage so it would be easier to go to the room then get the annual pass stuff done. It's good to know we have 24 hours to do this.

I've been booking rooms with an AP discount for 2 years. Not one time have I had to show my AP, including the first time when I didn't have the AP activated when I checked in.
I know they can ask, just pointing out that after about 15 stays (maybe more considering how often we do split stays) they've never asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter