• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about the updated Soarin

bpadair32

Mouseketeer
I am curious if they changed anything about the seats with the Soarin redo? I am afraid of heights and was terrified the one and only time I rode it. I constantly felt like I was going to fall out of the seat. My wife and I are going in September and she really wants to ride it. I would like to try it again but I don't want to have a panic attack.

Same seats as before, as far as I remember.

You could try using the between-the-legs strap on the seat belt that they use for short children to make yourself feel more secure in the seat?

The seats are the same as before, however based on my observations the seats move around more in the new film then in the other.

Just rode the new Soarin yesterday. Exact same seats. Same seat belts.

Do those fit adults?

My sister's boyfriend used the child belt because he didn't realize it was meant for children. It fit him, but let's just say he was very "uncomfortable" throughout the ride. :eek: We all had a good laugh when it was over.

btw, he is about 6 feet tall and probably 175lbs.

I always use the extra part of the belt meant for kids (because then I dont worry about falling out and can enjoy the ride) and it isn't uncomfortable to me. I would encourage you to at least try it with that on. You could also ask for the bottom row...I rode down there once and it didn't seem far off the ground at all.

I rode this new version last week and I am very afraid of heights. I found this new version, for someone like me, scarier than the old. Since I am afraid of heights, I won't be going on this one again. Same seats and belts.

I always use the extra part of the belt meant for kids (because then I dont worry about falling out and can enjoy the ride) and it isn't uncomfortable to me. I would encourage you to at least try it with that on. You could also ask for the bottom row...I rode down there once and it didn't seem far off the ground at all.

Thanks I think that I am going to try that.

I've always used the child's belt feature as well since I was afraid I'd fall out too.
That and holding on real tight to the handles.

I always use the between leg strap & I am 5'11". It gets a little bunched up in the winter if I am wearing jeans or more layers, but it fits fine.

I KNOW I won't fall out, but for some reason the way the seat angles me it makes me feel like I will. Just an added strap so I can relax & enjoy the movie rather than panic.

I always use the between leg strap & I am 5'11". It gets a little bunched up in the winter if I am wearing jeans or more layers, but it fits fine.

I KNOW I won't fall out, but for some reason the way the seat angles me it makes me feel like I will. Just an added strap so I can relax & enjoy the movie rather than panic.
Yes, that's exactly it!

I've gone on the new one once and the old one a dozen times. I hate it! I know its irrational...The fear of falling into the ocean but I find myself gripping the arms and pushing to the back of the seat, while holding my 4 year old back so he doesn't fall. At least I know it's irrational. And seems I'm in good company.

Last time I rode we were in the first row. My 16 year old told me that if I feel like I'm falling just look to the side so I can see the wall. God love him, it worked! I enjoyed it more than any other time. Not enough that I felt the need to wait in line to ride again, but it was cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter