• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about the nursery

Ckhca2

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. We are sailing next December with two grandchildren under age 3 (as well as the rest of our family). If our daughter and son-in-law want to go to Atlantis or something while we are on Nassau, can the little ones stay in the nursery on the ship, or is that not allowed?

Thanks in advance!

Ckhca2 said:
Hi all,

I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. We are sailing next December with two grandchildren under age 3 (as well as the rest of our family). If our daughter and son-in-law want to go to Atlantis or something while we are on Nassau, can the little ones stay in the nursery on the ship, or is that not allowed?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is open. I'm not sure how they can contact you though when you leave the ship.....we left our DD in the nursery while on CC and the wave phones work there so we could be easily contacted if necessary.

Yes, the nursery is open while in port.

But wouldn't the parents have to book those hours they would be in Atlantis with the nursery? And the parents only get so many hours per cruise right? We have not sailed with tiny ones, but I personally would be very worried that the ship could not contact me. Maybe the ship has a way :confused3 not sure.

Parents can book a certain number of hours in advance (number based on length of cruise). If the nursery is not fully booked, additional hours can be added after the first day. The idea is to give everyone a fair chance to get some time before anyone books all the time.

The nursery has no policy about where a parent can be while a child is in the nursery. However, the wave phones have a very limited range, so they may not be able to be reached in the event of an emergency or just a child who wants a mom.

You are able to leave children in the nursery while off the ship. The scenario would be the same as for the kids clubs in that you are effectively authorising them to give any emergency life saving first aid in the event of an emergency while you are away from the ship. If you are on a DCL shore excursion to Atlantis I imagine they would be able to contact you. If you told them you were going to Atlantis I imagine in a real emergency they would make every effort to contact you but obviously if you are just going ashore to an unspecified destination it would be much harder and they would have to wait for your return.

We were very happy with the care given in the nursery and we did leave our DD in the nursery on a couple of afternoons on our Med cruise when it was too hot for her but we wanted to explore.

Mel
x

sftnslky said:
But wouldn't the parents have to book those hours they would be in Atlantis with the nursery? And the parents only get so many hours per cruise right? We have not sailed with tiny ones, but I personally would be very worried that the ship could not contact me. Maybe the ship has a way :confused3 not sure.

We did not have any problems booking additional hours once we were on board. They were very flexible. We booked the hours ahead that we were able to (around 10-12 per child I think) for a few lunch times so we could enjoy the adult pools since we were at the kid pools EARLY with the kids anyway. We booked some MDR nights and we booked for our Palo brunch reservation times. We made some changes once on the ship and booked additional time- some last minute based on how our LO's were doing day to day and it was never a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter