Question about the Disney Stores

MrsRoyale

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

I have a question (several, actually) about working at the Disney Stores nationwide. My plan/dream is to work "behind the scenes" for Disney, not so much in Guest Services but -hopefully- in the business aspect of Disney. I figured the first step would be going back to school, so I am currently doing my Bachelors in Business Administration with a concentration in Contract Management and Acquisitions with a Minor in either Marketing or Management, haven't decided yet. I figured the best way to get my "foot on the door" is to work at the Disney Stores in a retail position, which I don't mind at all, Disney is Disney, right?

I guess my questions are, is it possible to move up from just a retail position? Is the College program just for Guest Services or are there any openings to work behind the scenes? Also, how strict are they with the Disney look in the stores? I'm only asking because I have a small tattoo in the inside of my wrist which could be easily concealed with long sleeves and makeup, but I figured I would ask anyway. What about the Disney look for working behind the scenes?

Finally, when you go to apply for the stores it says you have to be available to work a shift during the week and weekends. I am currently a stay at home mom and only available to work on weekends, so is it even worth applying now, or should I wait until my son starts school? Would availability get me immediately disqualified or is it a store/manager decision?

Thanks!

Look into the professional internship program if you want corporate experience. Applications should be posted in the next week or 2 (some are up now) to give you an idea of what could be available. Most teams have at least one intern, so everything from web development to marketing to engineering to sales. These positions are available to those that are in (or just completed) a bachelors or masters

I can't answer about the specific points in working at the Disney Store, but as it is a part of Disney overall, it could be a plus to have the experience but isn't a requirement for positions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter