Question about The Disney College program?

ericaaalynn

Earning My Ears
So do you have to be a college student to apply? Like you have to have taken a course in college or be taking one? You can't apply just right out of high school? Thanks.

You have to be currently enrolled in at least one college course

Possibly, You'd have to ask a recruiter. I'd think if you were taking all college level courses as a senior in HS would put you at your second semester when you actually get to college, but then again you do have to be 18. I'd feel better if you called and asked this question. Also, you have to have finished at least one full semester before applying. :)

From the DCP website:

Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.

So I don't think you can apply just yet.:( I didn't read the whole page, but if you want to, it's on the website, under Overview.

What you can do is take a course at a local community college the summer after you graduate, thats what I'm doing. from everything I've found out that will count as your college class and make you eligible as long as its a full 3 credit hour class :)

From the CP website, This should answer all your questions:
Application Requirements
In order to submit an application for the Disney College Program, applicants must meet the following requirements.

1. Be Enrolled as a Full-Time or Part-Time Student and Taking Classes
Students must be currently enrolled and taking classes in an accredited college or university in the United States and have completed at least one semester.

Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
Those who have taken college courses, but are currently taking "time off" from school are not eligible to apply.
College freshmen may apply during their first semester of school to participate during their second semester. The Disney College Program cannot serve as your first semester of school.
College seniors may apply for the program and participate immediately after graduation, but must be enrolled in school at the time of their interview. Seniors graduating in April are eligible to apply for either the Fall Advantage or Fall programs.
Graduate students may apply. However, it is important to note that this program and its educational components, are designed for undergraduates.

2. Meet Any School Requirements for Participation
Students also must meet any additional criteria their school requires for participation in our program. This may include G.P.A., grade level, and number of credit hours earned. Schools will be contacted to verify eligibility.

3. Be at Least 18 Years of Age by the Time the Program Begins
All participants must be at least 18 years of age by their arrival date.

4. Possess Unrestricted Work Authorization
Participation in this program also requires unrestricted work authorization.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter