• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about renting points

Mheato

Mouseketeer
Hi All, this is our first time renting DVC Points. We placed a request with one of the popular rental agencies for a standard studio at the Poly in early September. In corresponding with them they indicated to be patient while they looked and that we were looking far in advance. At what point would you recommend dropping this request and looking at other options assuming they cant fill it, 7 months out? I tried to read up on the process but the availability portion still confuses me :) thanks for any suggestions!

I haven't rented in a while, but I hear Poly points are hot on the rental market. A non-owner might be able to get you something right at 7 mos depending on when you're traveling, but that's a risk of it not panning out.

The rental agencies have to wait for a Poly owner who is looking to rent points to match up with your request and nobody can predict that. At 7 months then other resort owners can book so it has a higher probability but then becomes dependent on the room still being available. Renting directly from the owner you know very quickly. Early September is a bit slower DVC time so probably still no issue in letting it go for awhile with the rental agency but if you just want to be done you might want to locate an individual owner from the rental boards here or elsewhere.

Try rent/trade on disboards. You can probably get Poly direct for $18-20 PP and have it a done deal rather than waiting for a call that may never come. DVC owners generally rent only when they have excess points and brokers have no control over which resort points come their way. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter