Question about paying OOP for dining

ammama

Earning My Ears
We just booked for June 27-July 5. This is our 5th trip but the first time not using the Dining Plan. How young do children have to be to order from the kid's menu when paying out of pocket? My girls are 12 and 15. Can an adult order from the kid's menu? It's probably a silly question, but we've never had to budget for food before. We've always gone during FD. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
They never question children, but an adult may be told no. Splitting meals is another option, as the child menu is basically chicken fingers and mac & cheese.

They never question children, but an adult may be told no. Splitting meals is another option, as the child menu is basically chicken fingers and mac & cheese.
Thanks for the reply! Mine are 12 and 15.

It's only an issue at TS meals. Kid's can definitely order off the adult menu when paying OOP. Adults can generally order from the kids menu at Disney-owned restaurants, but some of the non-Disney owned restaurants may not allow it. It's not an issue at all at CS restaurants.

We just booked for June 27-July 5. This is our 5th trip but the first time not using the Dining Plan. How young do children have to be to order from the kid's menu when paying out of pocket? My girls are 12 and 15. Can an adult order from the kid's menu? It's probably a silly question, but we've never had to budget for food before. We've always gone during FD. Thanks in advance!

I guess the question would be why your daughters would want to order from the kids menus? Are they lighter eaters? Do they not like the food on the adult menu? That might help with the answers you will be getting.

Yes, they can order from the children's menu, except at buffets and aycte style places/dishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter