Question about MagicBands

disney_me

disney fan
Just booked our 10th trip to WDW :banana: and wanted to know about the MagicBands. We always stay off site so I'm guessing these bands are only for people staying at a resort. I know you can use them for fast passes. Can you still get a regular fast pass?

The magic bands are given to people with AP and those staying onsite. There is also an option to buy them to link your ticket to if you want.

The regular FP are no longer available, there is only FP+. As long as you have a MDE account and have tickets linked to it, you should be able to make FP+ reservations 30 days in advance. There is also an option to make FP+ choices at a kiosk once you enter the park.

The magic bands are given to people with AP and those staying onsite. There is also an option to buy them to link your ticket to if you want.

The regular FP are no longer available, there is only FP+. As long as you have a MDE account and have tickets linked to it, you should be able to make FP+ reservations 30 days in advance. There is also an option to make FP+ choices at a kiosk once you enter the park.

This is accurate. All legacy FP machines have been removed from the parks. Offsite guests can make FP+ reservations up to 30 days in advance on the MDE website (provided that they have valid park tickets linked to their account). The MBs use RFID technology. The park tickets given to offsite guests are also RFID. So, you would hold the credit card like ticket up to the MB scanner. You have the option of purchasing a MB if you want to. The cost is $12.95 per band.
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/03/31/...now-selling-magicbands-to-offsite-day-guests/

Just out of curiosity as we are exploring all our options. We still have our magic bands from our last trip, if we chose to stay off site next time, can we use *those* magic bands for our fastpass and adrs for our off site trip?

Just out of curiosity as we are exploring all our options. We still have our magic bands from our last trip, if we chose to stay off site next time, can we use *those* magic bands for our fastpass and adrs for our off site trip?

Fastpasses, yes. Adrs, not really. You can't charge anything unless you are staying onsite. However you can use them to check in at some places (such as BOG).

We have a regular room reservation for the first night and then it switches to a package. Should I order magic bands for both reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter