question about drinks

esmeralda2030

Earning My Ears
does anyone know if post covid you can bring your own refillable bottle of water and fill it up at the soda stations?
Also, if you bring your own alcohol on board, what do you do while you wait for your room to be ready? Just carry around a bunch of wine and beer all over the ship? haha
And are there any changes to the alcohol policy recently? I thought I saw someone say they're not allowing you to bring your own bottles anymore, is that true?

Something might have changed since September, but on last cruise, you could refill bottles yourself at the self-serve bottle fill stations (such as the ones on deck 4 of the Dream), but not at the staffed soda stations.

Something might have changed since September, but on last cruise, you could refill bottles yourself at the self-serve bottle fill stations (such as the ones on deck 4 of the Dream), but not at the staffed soda stations.
What's the difference between self-serve bottle fill station and staffed soda station?

There aren't any staff members guarding the bottle fill stations. They're like water fountains, but set up to make it easy to fill bottles.
Hmmmm......seems quite similar to how the (formerly) drink stations worked, but for sodas. Wonder why they staffed the one, but not the other.

Personally, I fill my water bottles in my room, and put them in the fridge the night before. We typically have 2 bottles each, one chilling, and one in use.

There aren't any staff members guarding the bottle fill stations. They're like water fountains, but set up to make it easy to fill bottles.

Something about the word "guarding" used in this sense makes me laugh.
Thanks for the info!

Hmmmm......seems quite similar to how the (formerly) drink stations worked, but for sodas. Wonder why they staffed the one, but not the other.
It's more like an old-fashioned water-bubbler rather than the soda/drink station. Newer water fountains allow you to set a bottle in it to fill instead of squirting the water up to drink.

Personally, I fill my water bottles in my room, and put them in the fridge the night before. We typically have 2 bottles each, one chilling, and one in use.

Do you use tap water?

Also is there a water fountain on the Magic. I’m always thirsty and need to make sure I stay hydrated. Sodas and fruity drinks alone won’t do it.

On the Dream in September/October the CM was taking your drink container and filling it for you. You waited in a line and handed the CM your container and they would fill it. The lines went pretty quickly and sometimes there were no lines.

You can still bring wine and beer onboard. That policy did not change. To answer how to carry it around until room is ready.....pack it in a duffle or small suitcase that has wheels. Makes it so much easier to get around.

The cabin tap water is exactly the same water that is dispensed at the beverage stations.

MJ

On the fantasy they have re-fillable water stations on the jogging track on Deck 4 - one on each side of the ship
It'd be ridiculous if they had those staffed as it's just like a water fountain.
I always fill my water bottles there.
The water from the soda station tastes funny, with flavors of sodas mixed in it.

We were able to get our water bottles filled at the drink station or in Cabanas on the Wonder. What they would do is fill a disposable cup with ice and transfer it to your container. They’d then do the same with the drink of your choice. My wife bought one of the insulated metal cups onboard. They told her she could bring it to any bar and they’d wash it for her. She loved it because it still had ice in it the next morning.

Do you use tap water?
Yes. As noted, the water onboard (that used for ingestion) is the same whether it's dispensed through the drink station, or from your sink in your room (also used for making ice and cooking). It's processed onboard much like all bottled waters are - reverse osmosis and filtered.

The water from the soda station tastes funny, with flavors of sodas mixed in it.
Unlike the Freestyle machines available on some cruise lines, where all the beverages are dispensed via the same spout, the drink station has separate spouts for each type beverage. I don't think it's possible to mix soda flavors into the water spigot.

On
Yes. As noted, the water onboard (that used for ingestion) is the same whether it's dispensed through the drink station, or from your sink in your room (also used for making ice and cooking). It's processed onboard much like all bottled waters are - reverse osmosis and filtered.

Unlike the Freestyle machines available on some cruise lines, where all the beverages are dispensed via the same spout, the drink station has separate spouts for each type beverage. I don't think it's possible to mix soda flavors into the water spigot.

View attachment 629634
On the Fantasy now, instead of that second Minute Maid, there is Ginger Ale or Power Aid (depending on where you are in the ship)

On

On the Fantasy now, instead of that second Minute Maid, there is Ginger Ale or Power Aid (depending on where you are in the ship)
I'm sure the specific drinks get changed out on occasion. I was just showing that the spigot for each item is separate, and there probably isn't any mixture of flavors between them.

On

And on the Dream a few weeks ago we discovered that they had Diet Coke at one drink station, but the drink station on the opposite side of the deck had Coke Zero instead. Nice to have options :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter