• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about checking into a timeshare resort

AveryandLilysmom

Tigger and Pooh Fan
This may be a weird question but I'm wondering if there is a particular time of day to check into a timeshare resort to avoid being hassled about attending a timeshare presentation? We are renting a studio at Holiday Inn areation Club Orange Lake and I have read mixed reviews about the tactics of resort employees trying to get people to attend. I have zero problem saying no and I already know we'll unplug the phone in the room, but I'd like to avoid being hassled at check in if at all possible. DH wants to check in as soon as we arrive in Orlando (mid afternoon) but I think we'd be better off going straight to a park and checking in later at night (after 8 or 9) when there are less people working at the front desk and (I hope) the dreaded "timeshare" presentation sign up desk.

Thoughts, experiences, tips, or insights appreciated!

We just checked in today. SHE REALLY tried to schedule me in. I told her 3 times politely I wasnt interested. The 4th time I nicely said I AM NOT INTERESTED LET ME MOVE ON WITH MY VACAY PLEASE. SHE says i am sorry Mam. Here u go and off we went. Stand yoyr ground. The timeshare sharks are there all times of day. So doesnt matter. Plus both visits for us it was def 4 pm before we could check in. So early wont get you anywhere.

We just checked in today. SHE REALLY tried to schedule me in. I told her 3 times politely I wasnt interested. The 4th time I nicely said I AM NOT INTERESTED LET ME MOVE ON WITH MY VACAY PLEASE. SHE says i am sorry Mam. Here u go and off we went. Stand yoyr ground. The timeshare sharks are there all times of day. So doesnt matter. Plus both visits for us it was def 4 pm before we could check in. So early wont get you anywhere.

Thank you so much, this is very helpful! I have read that the resort is strict about not allowing check in before 4 PM but thanks for confirming that is still the case. This bodes well for pushing a late check in with my husband. Looks like we'll be going straight to the park. Thanks again!

I guess it depends on your resort brand. Once is all it takes at a Hilton or Marriott and once you have the conversation over with then that is it. That said, I'm glad they ask me at check in because then I don't worry about it. However, we usually go for the tour. We schedule it first thing at 7:30am or 8am, get a free breakfast, say no, and then get our 2 free attraction tickets. We think it is worth it for $200. The kids aren't even up by the time we get back. But to each his or her own.

Unfortunately you do need to be rude with the more agressive ones. It makes me a bit uncomfortable when on vacation but after a half day of traveling I'm not up for discussing with them why I don't want to attend their "very brief" presentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter