Question about baggage check in

ratlenhum

DIS Veteran
Do I have to check my bags for the airline at the hotel I'm staying at? I'll be at POR but have an early breakfast ADR at the Poly. It would save me time to just leave our room at POR and drive over to the Poly and check the bag in there as we head in.

That's a very good question. I know you have to get on the Magical Express at the resort you are staying at. But I don't know about checking your bags. FYI, the RAC desk at POR opens at 5:30AM.

Thanks. I knew RAC opened early. I was just hoping to avoid unloading and reloading the kid in the car one extra time. LOL

The Disney Website (which we all know is the most accurate source of information :rotfl2:) doesn't specifically say this is not allowed. I'm interested to see if anybody has any experience with this.

Mousesavers says this: The Resort Airline Check-in service is operated by a third party company, Baggage Airline Guest Services (Bags), not by Disney. Essentially the Resort Airline Check-in is like using curbside check-in at the airport, except that you get to do it at the hotel. Plan to tip the baggage handlers who take your bags, just as you would for curbside check-in.

On a somewhat related note, I've wondered myself for years if somebody staying offsite could just roll up to a Disney resort and check their bags. I'm not sure anybody at the Bags desk is checking people against a list of folks actually staying at the resort. I'm also not suggesting anybody try, it's just something I've wondered, lol.

I asked at POR today when we arrived and they said yes I can check the luggage for the airline at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter