Question about 2 Campers in 1 site?

SouthernBoyBlue

Earning My Ears
OK I have been to FW many times and this year I have a different situation. I currently own a SunnyBrook 30FK. It has the front kitchen with the rear queen bedroom. Now we normally take this camper and our tent for the 4 kids to sleep in. What is different is that we normally go in November but this time we are going in January.
Now last November we noticed a smaller class c motorhome across from our site also had a popup on the tent pad turned sideways. Has anybody else done this before. You see I still have my old popup and I was considering doint the same thing since I can't get an adjoining site for it. I don't see what the difference would be from a tent as long as it all fits in the site. What do you guys think? My tent is a Coleman 3 room and is actually bigger than the popup would be.
This would be alot better setup for a total of 9 people.
thanks!

Three questions??

Do you REALLY want to drag the popup down also??

Why can't you get an adjoining site for the popup if you really want to drag it down??

Why is January any different than November for the tent??

You probably could bring the popup down and put it on the same site, but it seems like an awful lot of trouble, especially if the tent would sleep more than the popup.

My recommendation would be to just stay the same way you always have. If you are worried about cold for the kids in the tent just make sure they are dressed warmer and get them lower rated sleeping bags.

I tent camp year round and even when it was 17 degrees I was wearing long johns and sweats and was comfy on my air mattress in my 20 degree sleeping bag with a blanket over my head.

When the temps are in the 40s I usually just sleep in regular shorts and t-shirt with the sleeping bag unzipped and the blanket over my shoulders.

Anything above 50, I forgo the sleeping bag and use sheets and a blanket.

Also make sure that you leave the tent flaps unzipped just a bit at night to keep condensation down and that you open all doors during the day and even run a fan to dry everything out so that they'll be warmer.

Carol

"Do you REALLY want to drag the popup down also??"
Taking the popup is really not a big deal because we will be taking 2 vehicles anyway. I pull the big camper with my truck and my wife would pull the popup with our suburban.

"Why can't you get an adjoining site for the popup if you really want to drag it down??"
We have had our preferred site reservation for over 9 months now and there are no more preferred sites available now. We love the 1400 loop and don't want to give it up.

"Why is January any different than November for the tent??"
The only difference for us is the lower temperatures at night. My kids can handle the cold easily but I am more concerned about comfort for my mother (56).

"You probably could bring the popup down and put it on the same site, but it seems like an awful lot of trouble, especially if the tent would sleep more than the popup."
Once again the comfort for my mother is a concern.

Thanks for the suggestions Carol and I hope you and your family have a good time at "Mousefest". I sure do wish we were going right now too.

Todd

Well that makes sense :-)

Yeah, if it's no trouble than I would say go for it.

I'm just a die hard confirmed tent camper.

Carol

one thing to remember is that you must be able to fit all cars trucks campers and trailers on your site. Unless you park something in the lot upfront.

They're serious about that. We had just pulled our little utility trailer kind of over to the side, and found a note on the windshield that it must be on the concrete, sandy pad or in the front parking lot. We got it moved over in behind the truck, but it was really tight on that site for us. We decided not to put it in the front lot because we didn't have a lock that fit. We got this trailer rigged up at the last minute.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter