queing with kids that will ride alone

txdisneymama

Earning My Ears
I will be spending some time in the parks with my three kids (11,9 and 5). I'll be the only adult with them. My 5 year old is terrified of almost everything, but I want my older kids to be able to ride some rides if they want to. Is it okay for me to take them through the line, but then exit with my little one. (Bummer for me not being able to ride, but what can you do?!)

For instance, I looked up Test Track. It says, "Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older." Since my older two are 11 and 9, they should be able to ride together, but without me, right? Would the CMs frown on me going through the line with them but then skipping to the exit?

As long as everyone meets the height requirement for the ride, everyone can go in the queue. (Anyone not tall enough cannot enter.) The 9yo and 11yo can ride without issue, and you can ask for the exit when you get to the boarding area.

Yep, you can exit. Many of the rides, the 11 and 9 year old will be able to go into the queue by themselves if you/they wanted.

They will allow you to do this but you could also find something fun to do with your 5 year old while your other kids are in line, or you could get a snack and wait.

The 14 age restriction refers to who can enter the park (Anyone under 7 must be accompanied by someone 14 or over to enter the park). I believe the only age restriction after that point is that anyone under 7 must be accompanied by someone 7 or over. (Height restrictions always apply).

It'll be fine as long as your 5 year old is tall enough to ride. If your 5 year old is too short, he won't be allowed to enter the line for any reason.

It'll be fine as long as your 5 year old is tall enough to ride. If your 5 year old is too short, he won't be allowed to enter the line for any reason.

Yes, this exactly.

My DS9 has ridden Space Mountain and EE alone (and TT in the single rider line). I walk him through the line, explain to the CM he is riding alone and, once he is seated in the ride vehicle, I high-tail it to where the ride exits so I'm standing right there when he gets off the ride. If your 5-year old cannot enter the ride line due to height restrictions, your older children can go in the line by themselves and you can still head to the exit to wait for them. Personally, if I did this with my DS9, I would make sure he had a cell phone on him so he could text me if he decided to get out of the line or if the ride broke down and I needed to stay in contact with him (this almost happened to us on Space Mountain - the ride went down right before he got on. If he had been on and had to be evacuated from a ride, I just wanted to make sure I could reach him).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter