• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Queen Camilla

I am with you on all of that except I can't judge him as a 32 year old man. I want to bash him as a woman and blame him, but I really think he was a victim as well. YES of course he is to blame for his actions, Camilla for her wrongs, Diana for hers as well obviously but the monarchy has not at all been kind to Charles and I find that the older I get the more sympathy I have for him as well. I ache for the upbringing he did not have that Diana did try to give her boys. I am thankful that Diana did at least come along. I think the way she raised the boys and the passage of time has opened up the royal family to more progressive lives and having a touch more freedom.
I get that. But at some age you have to be able to transcend that. Was Elizabeth a victim of her upbringing? Do we then excuse the mistake she made as a parent? I don't know what the magic age is, but I'd like to think that at least by age 30 you would have the maturity to understand the ramifications of what you're doing. Certainly much more so than a 19 year old.

I get that. But at some age you have to be able to transcend that. Was Elizabeth a victim of her upbringing? Do we then excuse the mistake she made as a parent? I don't know what the magic age is, but I'd like to think that at least by age 30 you would have the maturity to understand the ramifications of what you're doing. Certainly much more so than a 19 year old.
I could not agree more. I especially would think one could expect somebody who is going to eventually (we assume) going to be named king to be a bit more mature once he was 30 plus. I can‘t feel too sorry for him, he sowed his wild oats right up until his marriage with Diana and continued afterwards with at least Camilla, and who knows who else.
I did see a report that he has Covid for the second time, and I hope he recovers quickly.

Last edited:
Reportedly, he was bothered more by the realization that Camilla was in love with Charles.

That distinction would be way more egregious to most, would it not?

Or maybe I am alone in that thought. :laughing:

Both suck, but in love would cut deeper.

I agree. I think it was for Charles sake. If Diana was still alive, maybe things would be different as she lost so much when she and Charles divorced. But, life goes on. Diana isn't here and she's been gone so long that an entire generation don't really know her.

What's best for the monarchy is to show tradition, (the king gets a queen - and this was the one he would have originally chosen if he had had a chance.) And that old bygones and really need to be let go. The monarchy is for William & Kate too. They don't need public comparisons constantly of how Kate will be a full queen, yet Camilla is just Charles' consort. Let Camilla be queen.
Well Said!!

Who here has lived a perfect life and done nothing wrong? Add to that how many of us have had the sort of scrutiny and pressure they have had? I for one am glad they are happy together and couldn't care less if they allow her to be called Queen.

I probably shouldn’t really care… and I guess that I don’t really care. But I hate that the rat Charles ruined Diana’s life. He shouldn’t have married her knowing full well he was deeply in love with someone else. Diana was young and thought that Charles truly loved her.
I’m sure that no one cares about my opinion, but I really can’t stand Charles.
Diana was very-much-loved the world over. She did so much for so many people. She was quite the humanitarian.
If Charles had truly loved her, they wouldn’t have divorced, she wouldn’t have been in that car in France, and she’d most likely still be alive today, enjoying her grandchildren. ALL of them.
This is my humble opinion and as always, I don’t care if you disagree. Have a great day! :surfweb:

Who here has lived a perfect life and done nothing wrong? Add to that how many of us have had the sort of scrutiny and pressure they have had? I for one am glad they are happy together and couldn't care less if they allow her to be called Queen.
I am absolutely far from perfect. But I've never used and cheated on anyone in the way Charles did with Diana. And I get it, she cheated too. But she didn't enter the marriage with a permanent affair already in place.

Yes apparently she just has mild cold symptoms and is still working.
Hopefully she will continue to just have mild symptoms and will recover quickly.

Yes apparently she just has mild cold symptoms and is still working.
Hopefully she will continue to just have mild symptoms and will recover quickly.
She should be fine, but in recent photos she looked more frail than usual, and appeared to have lost a lot of weight.

I'm sure she's "working" to set a good example and not worry anyone. But can't a 95 year old just take the day off already?

I have to ask the Americans here why you care? I never understood the fascination with royalty that appears here. We revolted against the notion of royalty, people actually shed blood, yet on threads about the royal family we fall all over ourselves praising this outdated notion of a bloodline.

That lady and her entire family could die in a fire and the world wouldn't change in actual substance. I'd wake up and go to bed without noticing. Please enlighten me.
Probably because we have absolutely zero culture here. It's a romanticized view we have for certain. It's not that we want a Monarchy, but we are well aware that she has no power, but it's just nice to see SOME form of what things were like. It's a link to where we all come from, and actual visual proof of what things were like, once upon a time. So all of this talk of the Monarchy needing to move on with the times is a big fat NO from me. The steadfastness and protocol are what make it so interesting to see. Change isn't always a good thing as we surely see, as we sit here in 2022 griping that Disney is now for the rich.... Or at least I HOPE people are realizing that it's not always good. It's like our last living link to the past or something. At least that's how I see it, and why I'm taken with them. I guess I wonder the same when I see English celebrities chiming in on American presidential candidates.

She should be fine, but in recent photos she looked more frail than usual, and appeared to have lost a lot of weight.

I'm sure she's "working" to set a good example and not worry anyone. But can't a 95 year old just take the day off already?
A normal 95 year old, yes. Being a queen never stops, one of the perks of the job ;-) It's not as much about being an example. More that the job doesn't stop. Taking a day off means getting behind on information to take in to prepare for meetings etc.
In the UK it's a job till death. With us in the Netherlands our queens in the past century abdicated when they were in their 70s.

Seriously! I’m only in my 50’s and I can’t imagine still working in my 90’s. And these last few years? Way more than enough heartache behind the scenes to keep her busy sorting out let alone her public duties (which I do think she has “cut back” on).

She does look frail. The last few years are showing.

Probably because we have absolutely zero culture here. It's a romanticized view we have for certain. It's not that we want a Monarchy, but we are well aware that she has no power, but it's just nice to see SOME form of what things were like. It's a link to where we all come from, and actual visual proof of what things were like, once upon a time. So all of this talk of the Monarchy needing to move on with the times is a big fat NO from me. The steadfastness and protocol are what make it so interesting to see. Change isn't always a good thing as we surely see, as we sit here in 2022 griping that Disney is now for the rich.... Or at least I HOPE people are realizing that it's not always good. It's like our last living link to the past or something. At least that's how I see it, and why I'm taken with them. I guess I wonder the same when I see English celebrities chiming in on American presidential candidates.
I've heard that Charles wants to downsize things a little when he takes over. They've already announced plans for a toned down coronation. Honestly though, as much as I'm not a big Charles fan, I personally think they downsize the pomp and fluff to their own detriment. That's a big part of what people want from them.

Seriously! I’m only in my 50’s and I can’t imagine still working in my 90’s. And these last few years? Way more than enough heartache behind the scenes to keep her busy sorting out let alone her public duties (which I do think she has “cut back” on).

She does look frail. The last few years are showing.
Not many of us are destined to be as fortunate as Betty White. My own DMother lived to be 99 and that was 4 years too long. She was lovely and lucid and robust at 95 but then declined rapidly. Her last years were extremely difficult for everyone, most of all her and I certainly wish a more comfortable and dignified end for QEII. :flower3:

I do wonder what, if any, protocol or provision there is to retire her against her will if she becomes cognitively incapacitated? I suppose the correct word would be "depose" and it's kind of unthinkable. I think it's time she steps down before any such difficulty is encountered.

The steadfastness and protocol are what make it so interesting to see. Change isn't always a good thing as we surely see
And for me progressiveness is what I value highly. There's a reason tone-deafness gets put out there. Why would it be a bad thing for a female to be considered in line for the throne? Oh her birth order (which sounds silly in modern times) is wrong..tsk tsk. Divorce used to be such a big no no from the standpoint of both going ahead with it and marrying someone who was but that has adjusted over the years to being less so taboo. Still though there is a viewpoint on being royal and marrying (or wanting to marry) someone who had been divorced.

We don't need a link to living in the past just to have a link to the past. What's more important is relevance to people. For a long time their relevance was more secure..these days people want more, you want to stay relevant you adjust and shift.

A normal 95 year old, yes. Being a queen never stops, one of the perks of the job ;-) It's not as much about being an example. More that the job doesn't stop. Taking a day off means getting behind on information to take in to prepare for meetings etc.
In the UK it's a job till death. With us in the Netherlands our queens in the past century abdicated when they were in their 70s.
True but you'd think with the fact that the Queen is positive with a virus that hits elderly so hard, there might be a tad more allowance. I don't think I need to say in words what would be more important when looking bigger than staying up to date on information in lieu of a day or two of full rest.

Yes she does look very frail now.
And I agree, she should be able to take the day off, but the duty to serve her country while she is able has been with her for so long I doubt she knows what it is to be off duty.
It would be such a tragedy to lose her in her platinum jubilee year. I hope she will be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter