Queen and Jasmine ... a Magical Birthday Trip

Queenofallthings

DIS Veteran

I can't tell you all how happy I am that I get to write another PTR! Few things in this world bring me as much joy as this, pathetic, I know:lmao:

For those of you who know us, we are thrilled you've joined us again, nothing feels better than knowing you have friends who have the same obsession as you and don't look at you and say "you're going again???", that irriates me beyond belief:lmao: Why is it ok for people to go to the same place in Mexico every year, but we can't go to WDW:confused3 At least here I know people will be as excited as I am:woohoo:

I will take a quick minute here to introduce ourselves for those of you who don't know us. Me, Queenofallthings, mother to my beautiful 17 year old daughter Jasmine, I work for the largest financial institution in Canada and have for the past 23 years (I started when I was 12;) and love everything Disney. Then there is my darling Jasmine, my partner in crime. Being a single mom for her entire life made for hard times but more wonderful times than I can even put to paper! She is a beautiful girl inside and out and I couldn't be happier with how she's grown into the lovely young, caring, responsible lady she is today. Now, my friends will tell you it's because I was crazy strict....crazy strict....when I look back even I can admit it now:eek:

She graduated from High School on June 29 of this year and has decided she wants to work for a year and figure out what she wants to do with her life. She was toying with the idea of joining the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or our local City Police, but now she's not sure. Being a member of the RCMP you are stationed all over Canada, including the far reaches of the north, I think this might have been a factor in her thinking University next year might not be so bad!

Here is a picture of the two of us before her graduation dinner!

223-2.jpg

On to the PTR....

Our dates will be September 18 returning October 1. It works out to 13 nights because as we were planning our October 2nd return Jasmine realized that's her boyfriend's (Aladdin) 18th birthday!! Aladdin, unfortunately, will not be joining us on this trip, he starts College on September 9...he's taking electrical engineering! We are booked to stay at All Star Music, 10 day hopper passes and we upgraded from quick service free dining to the DDP.:banana:

I was extremely optimistic that this trip was going to happen, however, didn't mention it to anyone! I decided if the stars aligned and we were able to go that I better book dining to take full advantage of the free dining...what's the use of having free dining if you can't get into any restaurants right?

I have yet to book our flights as everything right now is quite high. We are looking at maybe trying Delta Airlines out of Winnipeg through Minneapolis and on to Orlando. Our other option will be Westjet out of Winnipeg through Toronto and onto Orlando. I will keep you posted on the flights, and I promise not to wait to the week before we leave to book them like I did for our January trip!! I know that was a cause of great anxiety amongst my Dis-friends:hug:

I am still fine tuning the schedule of where we will go on which dates and will post that as soon as I have it finalized!

I usually take the day off before we leave but this year I have already taken 3 week vacation so I have exactly 10 days left, so I will have to be super organized this year...I work until 530pm on the Friday and we will be leaving at either 6am or 11am on Saturday morning! Don't worry, again, those that know us know that I have my wonderful best friend who is an organized packing machine (she really needs to start a business doing this) so I will enlist her help on the Friday. Last trip she actually went to my house and had everything done by the time I got home from work:hug:

I will leave it at that for now and will get to finalizing this schedule. Thanks again for jumping aboard our next adventure, I promise we won't disappoint:rolleyes1

Hi Queen! I'm here! Can't wait to follow along. :goodvibes

I'm sad that we are going to miss you by a few days but look forward to meeting you next year! Hope you're having a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

:hug:Leanne

Hi Queen! I'm here! Can't wait to follow along. :goodvibes

I'm sad that we are going to miss you by a few days but look forward to meeting you next year! Hope you're having a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

:hug:Leanne

Hey Leanne, I am so happy you're here!:hug: That is a huge disappointment for me, I would feel so much better if we were missing each other by a month, but a few days makes me sick:sick: I know we will see each other next year, I believe that with all my heart:hug:

I can't believe you guys leave next week....so excited:woohoo:

I am here!!!!

No problem on the help!

Too bad Aladdin can't go maybe you should bump your trip up a couple weeks :rolleyes1;):laughing:

Can't wait to hear all of your plans!

I am here!!!!

No problem on the help!

Too bad Aladdin can't go maybe you should bump your trip up a couple weeks :rolleyes1;):laughing:

Can't wait to hear all of your plans!

Hi Honey, so glad you're here!

I couldn't for the life of me think how to do that....I'm technically challenged sometimes:rolleyes1

Aladdin has every intention of joining us next August when we go with my sister and her family...and if all works out, you guys will be there too:cool1::worship::banana:

I would have moved it to include him, but my boss is away at that time and her and I can't both be gone at the same time:sad2:

I have a really good feeling we'll all be there together next year....:goodvibes

Yay!!!:banana::banana::banana:

I am so excited for you!!! You will have a fantastic time, and I can't wait to join in all the pre-trip excitement on your PTR!:goodvibes

Hi Honey, so glad you're here!

I couldn't for the life of me think how to do that....I'm technically challenged sometimes:rolleyes1

Aladdin has every intention of joining us next August when we go with my sister and her family...and if all works out, you guys will be there too:cool1::worship::banana:

I would have moved it to include him, but my boss is away at that time and her and I can't both be gone at the same time:sad2:

I have a really good feeling we'll all be there together next year....:goodvibes

Yeah my mom needs help with it whenever we start a new TR or PTR so I am used to it :laughing:

I can't wait until next year! I mean I am excited about my trip next month but it will be great to finally meet you all in person :hug:

You and Jasmine will have a great time though! If you can go to MNSSHP for me!

I thought something looked different about your siggy today! I'm so excited that you have a trip planned!! I'll be reading along, too. :goodvibes Planning is soo much fun!

I am so happy for you guys!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: I can't wait to hear more of your plans!! We are staying at ASMu too!! We will be there from Sept 28-Oct 6 before we leave to head out to the beach for a week! Looks like we may just have to have a drink (or two) by the pool!!:rolleyes1 Are you guys going to MNSSHP?? We are, but not sure on dates yet. I'm thinking I may have a PTR to do now...lol

Yay!!!:banana::banana::banana:

I am so excited for you!!! You will have a fantastic time, and I can't wait to join in all the pre-trip excitement on your PTR!:goodvibes

I'm so happy that your here! We are pretty darned excited!!:cool1:

Yeah my mom needs help with it whenever we start a new TR or PTR so I am used to it :laughing:

I can't wait until next year! I mean I am excited about my trip next month but it will be great to finally meet you all in person :hug:

You and Jasmine will have a great time though! If you can go to MNSSHP for me!

I would have asked Jasmine, but she was busy sleeping in:rolleyes1 thanks again:hug:

We can't wait either, it's almost surreal:cloud9:

I really want to go to MNSSHP, but Jasmine's not sure if she does:confused3what is up with that??? Maybe I'll just pick a day and buy the tickets, then she won't have a choice!:yay:

I thought something looked different about your siggy today! I'm so excited that you have a trip planned!! I'll be reading along, too. :goodvibes Planning is soo much fun!

Isn't it funny how you get used to seeing a person's siggy and when it changes you notice right away....true Diser's we are:lmao:

Planning is half the fun for me....I love getting all my sheets out, and double checking park times and all that. It's heavenly:cloud9:

I am so happy for you guys!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: I can't wait to hear more of your plans!! We are staying at ASMu too!! We will be there from Sept 28-Oct 6 before we leave to head out to the beach for a week! Looks like we may just have to have a drink (or two) by the pool!!:rolleyes1 Are you guys going to MNSSHP?? We are, but not sure on dates yet. I'm thinking I may have a PTR to do now...lol

I am so excited that we're at the same hotel....drinks by the pool for sure..:cool1: Have you figured out all your days yet and where you're going to dine?

You absolutely need to do PTR......absolutely!!!!

I'm here! Going back to read... :woohoo:

Ok, caught up now. What a wonderful trip you're going to have! Can't wait to hear all the plans you've made!

:cool1: Woo Hoo! A new trip - how great!!!!! Your daughter looks stunning in her gown! Can't wait to read all about your plans!

And - I will add - that you are another person who I just miss in Disney since I will be there 9/12 -9/17. :sad2:

Just found your PTR. I'm in. popcorn::

Our trips will overlap. We will be there 9/10 - 9/21.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans. :surfweb:

:cool1: Woo Hoo! A new trip - how great!!!!! Your daughter looks stunning in her gown! Can't wait to read all about your plans!

And - I will add - that you are another person who I just miss in Disney since I will be there 9/12 -9/17. :sad2:

Hi Mary Ellen, I'm so glad you're here:cool1: Thank you so much, I still can't believe my little girl has graduated:sad2:

I cannot believe we miss each other by 1 day :eek: that just seems wrong!

Just found your PTR. I'm in. popcorn::

Our trips will overlap. We will be there 9/10 - 9/21.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans. :surfweb:

Glad to have you along for the ride:banana:

Maybe we can meet for a Grey Goose Slushie ( you'll notice throughout this PTR that I have a slight addiction to them) ;)

I am planning another update by Wednesday hopefully:rolleyes1

I thought something looked different on your siggy...too exciting!

That's such awesome news that you guys are able to take your vacation after all even if Aladdin is not able to join you.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans:thumbsup2

:banana::banana::banana::banana:
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I am so so excited we will be there at the same time!!! We must plan a meet! We are doing MNSSHP on Tues the 21st if Jas wont go you can come with us!! I am so happy you guys are getting to go!!! YAY

I thought something looked different on your siggy...too exciting!

That's such awesome news that you guys are able to take your vacation after all even if Aladdin is not able to join you.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans:thumbsup2

I didn't want to get Jasmine's hopes up until I knew for sure we could swing it. Free Dining sure does help...now I just have to be disciplined about shopping there:rolleyes1

:banana::banana::banana::banana:
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I am so so excited we will be there at the same time!!! We must plan a meet! We are doing MNSSHP on Tues the 21st if Jas wont go you can come with us!! I am so happy you guys are getting to go!!! YAY

I am so excited too Mary, I can't wait to meet you in person! I am hoping to have a post up tomorrow evening, I have my weigh in tomorrrow, so it's my "last chance" workout tonight, so no time:rolleyes: I think I'm going to get the tickets anyways....we have 10 day hoppers so it leaves 2 days with no passes for the parks, so if we get for the MNSSHP we get another day at MK:rolleyes1that makes complete sense right?

Hi Queen :wave2:

I'm so happy for you and Jasmine that you are able to go this fall after all :cheer2::dance3::cheer2: I know how disappointed you were when you thought it wouldn't happen. And to give up your daily Timmie's, that's serious stuff. My dh read your note over my shoulder and quickly advised me that there was no way he was giving up his Timmie's to save for a Disney trip :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear all about your plans!

Oh, and both you and Jasmine look fantastic at her graduation :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter