Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Carol Glad your grandkiddie sleepover basically went well. The little ones go through a bossy stage sometimes. My youngest DGD is getting into that phase and her parents are on top of it too.

The football season is just too long. I watched a few games with older DS but I am not interested in watching any more.

I am back from Christmas in January. It did go well. I brought the stuffed dogs and let my oldest DGD pick first. She picked the one that was made from Chris' favorite blue shirt. She did not know this at the time. She and grandpa had a special bond and I feel that he guided her to this one. Her brother picked the green one made from Chris's second favorite shirt, and the younger DGD picked the yellow one made from Chris' next favorite shirt. It is interesting how that worked out. My other 2 DGS's picked 2 of the striped ones and the one leftover is for new grandbaby coming in May. I showed oldest DGD a picture of the dog I have made from the shirt I liked the best that Chris wore. He liked it alot too. I think she would have wanted that one but I had it made for me with Chris' name on it. I also asked oldest DGD to take care of a large stuffed dog that I have had since I was 14. I don't want to have where I a staying now as it is large and I don't want it in the basement. She always played with the dog when she came to the house. She was so happy to help Nana and the dog now has a special place in her room. She is such a sweetie. The cousins exchanged gifts and loved their toys. Younger DDIL made a great meal of pasta, meatballs, and chicken, broccoli, and pasta. I brought cupcakes for dessert. I did miss Chris alot and had to go to the bathroom once to cry but I did have a nice time. Chris loved these get togethers so of course I missed him.

Younger DS is doing an analysis of my finances to help me see when I can realistically retire, be able to pay the bills, and still have a healthy travel budget. Plus we will be talking with the financial rep for the same type of info. I am so fortunate to have him to rely on for financial decisions. He thinks I can up my condo budget a bit. It will depend on the house sale too. I will be honest that I am mentally exhausted with all this stuff.

Have a nice evening.

I must admit we are indulging in a bit of a do-nothing afternoon around here! It's grey & gloomy (okay by me, I like a gloomy day on occasion) and chilly outside. I wonder if we are expecting a bit of precipitation? This evening is 'freezer junk food football type food' for dinner. Operation clean out the freezer continues, tonight we have 5 jalapeno poppers, a half of a brie wrapped in some freezer burnt puff pasty, 10 chicken wings and ???? Tomorrow looks to be the rest of the shrimp sautéed and over a chopped salad.

I'm no football fan, I can take or leave it and I can't pretend to understand the great allegiances folks have to teams, despite my husband being long suffering Chiefs fan who is finally happy. That being said, there is something nostalgic to me about the sound of a football game on a cole & cloudy day sifting thru the house, reminds me of being a kid and my father watching the game. So I put the game on that is on this afternoon. And yeah I don't know squat about football but Tom Brady is just annoying as all get out so I hope the white & red guys lose and the blue & yellow guys win.

At the store yesterday: frozen fries completely wiped out

Ok - so I was in a grocery store today and really took notice of this - fries wiped out just like you said, and oddly enough the ice cream was pretty much wiped out! But this time they had plenty of milk, half & half, bacon & cream cheese. Not a single thing in the big case that usually has specialty cheeses, fresh pasta and the like

GO RAMS!!!
I cannot stand Tom Brady. He's very good at what he does, but :crazy2: . Something about him sets my teeth on edge. His smirking, maybe?

ditto, go red & yellow guys

I am back from Christmas in January. It did go well

I'm so glad! And how ice the kids liked your stuffed animals made with your husbands shirts, what a lovely thing for them to have.

Busy Busy Busy week ahead. Meetings on Tuesday afternoon and Thursday at lunch. Appt. on Wednesday after work. We leave Friday late morning to head back down to Florida. Also we will be having someone come and stay at the house and babysit the dog while we are gone for the first time, so I need to make sure the house is fit for long-term company and filled with groceries for her as well. Hoping it goes well so we can turn that into a regular arrangement.

Hug, Snowysmom, you made such a loving and kind memory and lasting difference to your grandkids with your precious and heartfelt gift from both you and Chris! I am so happy you did make yourself a stuffed friend, too!

Hooray for a doing nothing afternoon, Easyas! I meant to tell you dad got a 3 pack of Colgate yesterday at Target for $3.99. Thought of you and do hope you find some.

I've been working on mail this afternoon and catching up on some email.

Have a good rest of the afternoon, AuntieMe3 and already evening everyone else :)

Good early morning!

We are on our way to South Carolina! Split the trip in two and are in a Fairfield Inn and Suites tonight/this morning, as it's already Sunday.

The drive was pleasant, but there is snow here in North Carolina and yesterday evening there were wet roads. Because of that we will not leave the hotel too early as black ice is a real possibility until it warms up a bit considering how wet the roads are. No hurry anyway as check in is not until 4pm even though sometimes we get rooms much earlier.

Before our trip I was getting the van ready. Something fell and rolled under it a bit, so I got a cushion to kneel on and grab it. I have chronic sinus so have to be careful about getting dizzy when the fluids shift in my head. So when I went to stand up I grabbed at the side of the van. Not soon enough. Stumbled backwards and fell, hurting my left shoulder and neck area. Almost canceled leaving yesterday but decided to split the trip in half and leave around 11, arriving here at 5pm. We stopped to picnic in the van for about an hour so the girls could move around and I could relax. Love traveling in the van!

Breakfast starts at 6:30am but not sure who will be awake by then. I will want some coffee! Back to try to sleep another 1-2 hours.

Note: I must have dozed off again and didn't send this post.
Breakfast was pretty good. Coffee was great and the rest of the drive today was better - no traffic and cleaner roads. Got here about 3pm and the girls are enjoying themselves in the warmer 50ties weather. I know I am.

Judique, hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad! Enjoy your trip!

I did what I planned and just laid around most of the day. Took a nap and finished the 2nd season of Cheer. I don't know if any of you have watched that series but both schools are about an hour to an hour and a half from where I live.

I haven't had the sinus issues today that I've had but just have felt under the weather. DS brought his dog, Mack, over to stay with us until tomorrow. His fiance's grandfather died the other day and his funeral is tomorrow. DS and fiance live a little over an hour west of us and the funeral is an hour or more east of us. Makes it easier for us to take care of Mack and they will pick him up on the way home tomorrow.

Lil Joe and Lou Lou have been over the moon for Mack to spend the night with us. They pester him to death. He will be nine in May and they get on his nerves. We are after them all the time to leave him alone. I'm looking forward to Lil Joe going to school tomorrow and I will only have to deal with Lou Lou. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

DD cooked dinner again, much appreciate it. She made meatballs and rice, green bean casserole and a caeser salad. She also cleaned up the kitchen this time. She told DH and I that after living with us she will definitely use paper plates and throw away cups when she moves out.

I wish you a wonderfully fun and safe trip, Judique. Prayers you are okay!

Hooray for Mack:dog:, Kirby. Sounds like he just wants some older doggie R&R though. Praise God and I am so glad you did take it easy today! Continue to take care, please! I'm sorry about the grandather's passing. Extra peace to all of you and prayer.

Have sweet dreams all.

Good evening to all Quackers.

snowysmom-I’m sorry the condo wasn’t a good fit. I know the right place is out there for you. i believe you will just “know” when you find it.

kirby- hope you are still able to get some rest and start to perk up soon. How fun for the kids to have Mack around.

judique- hope you are enjoying your trip and are not too sore from your fall.

easyas - I’m with you on the football, I can take it or leave it, esp.professional. My boys, however, have become Chiefs fans over the last two years or so, so,we’ve been watching the play-offs. I will have to say, tonight’s game was exciting. Too bad that wasn’t the Superbowl. They usually seem so one sided and extra dull, but this would have made a great one. I’m also not a follower so to speak of any players, but Tom Brady makes me nuts.🤷‍♀️ Footballmouse, it seems out teams will be up against each other next week, and I say that loosely as I can only name one player on the Chiefs rossiter. Lol I will have to say, I was impressed tonight after the game to see so many Bills players and Chiefs player hugging and talking to each other. Bills players congratulating the Chiefs. That’s how it should be, it stinks to lose, but a lot of their players seemed to have the right attitude about it when it was all said and done. Each team played their best, it seemed.

Anyway, I saw some of you have posted on the other thread, but I wanted to take a minute to honor pop daddy/low-key/Jason. for those that have not seen, he passed away. I rarely post on other threads but would add a sone once in awhile to his threads, and I always enjoyed reading his posts in all threads, he seems like such a genuine guy. In his memory, a question of the day…or night I guess by now… is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event? For me, one is one More For Love by Five For Fighting. When I was pregnant with my daughter I always would turn it up loud and I swear she’d always move around to it and it always made me smile and sometimes cry…hormones are a booger.

I am, as always, sending hugs and prayers to all Quackers as I know each one of us needs them, just in different ways.

Good Morning all,

Last evening I got into my PJ's about 6:30pm as I knew I needed rest. I had already made a dinner of leftovers for myself and the girls but I knew that wouldn't be all they wanted for the evening.

Settled down in the bedroom while the girls played in the living room. From my spot, I could see the path to the front door and with the latch on, if I dozed off, they would need a chair to leave, plus the door is so heavy it takes both of them to hold it open! They also are unlikely to go outside without me.

A few minutes later there was a knock and it was 2 of the recreation staff castmembers bringing cute gifts for the girls. Both have had a birthday in the last 3 weeks - oldest on NY's Eve and the other on the 19th of this month. The CM's remember them from November, plus the staff here are just awesome and kind to the kids. It's still so much more Disney than WDW is right now. Pluto signed their cards and there were cardgame, puzzle, stickers and other little toys - all the small kind they would get as prizes and that kids love. They also got cards at the desk when we checked in but this was above and beyond as when we walked to the carryout, Tide Me Over, they met up with the CM's that remembered them from November, and were wearing their birthday buttons from the front desk.

(This is the only day that they will wear the buttons. I don't want them feeling entitled.)

They happily spent the evening playing with this and their dolls plus this talking thing they brought along that I don't know the name off. Asked for snacks a few times and finally settled down and got into PJ's around 9, so should sleep well this morning, hopefully til 7ish or maybe 8, cross fingers.

I'm stiff and sore, but not as bad as Friday night, when I almost canceled my trip. It's bearable but I think I will pick up some ibuprophen today. Can't really lay on my left shoulder at night. I may get xrays when I go back as you never know.

At 6:30am it's already 39 and going up to high 50ties by mid afternoon so I think they will get a little pool time. At the Fairfield Inn there was an indoor pool, but very tiny and a family was using it, so no go. All too cool for me but they will try to swim anytime.

It's so peaceful here. I went out to the van to get something and was reminded there was another world by some chatter and laughter from someone on a boat in the marina. We are in a 1 bedroom under a grand villa so @bobbiwoz will have an idea of the area. Too bad we are inbetween 2 member's trips so don't get to say hello! @hhisc16 was just here and Bobbi is coming soon I think. I'm here for at least a stopover almost every January, and we come back for 6 nights in March. Sometimes we do summer and then usually I try for a few nights in the fall. By myself I'm sort of invisible (love that!) but when traveling with the girls, they get a lot of attention.

Stay well all, and best wishes to all not doing so well. Keep warm also, my main reason for wanting to drive south!

🐥

@Judique I hope being sore isn’t an issue on your trip. I am nursing an injury myself and it stinks. Have fun.

Not a football fan, but Tom Brady doesn’t bother me, probably because I live in Patriots country. We don’t watch football unless one of the young men here want to watch it. Yesterday it was DD’s boyfriend, but he watched it in another room until the very end, which is when we were serving dinner. Moving on to baseball season soon. 👍🏻

@Snowysmom, I’m glad you are all finding joy in the shirt animals. That’s great.

Yesterday we shopped a little bit for a few new things for DS’s room (lamp, shelf, TV bracket, etc.) and they put those things up so it looks finished now. We also went out to breakfast. DS is holding his own. He has a busy week this week which is probably good. DD and her bf had gone out sledding earlier and sent back some funny videos which had us laughing. I fell asleep early on the sofa. Missed my favorite show All Creatures Great and Small but others watched it around me! 🤣 DS and I will probably watch it today or tomorrow. We all love that show and are enjoying Season 2.

Thanks @frog3101 for mentioning the loss of low key. I was sad last night after hearing that news, and thought a lot about him. We were contemporaries, and friends. There has been so much loss. Not sure how much more our world can take. Thank you for the prayers. I agree, we can all use them.

is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event?
There are so many! The one coming out at me right now is a song that takes me back to a simpler time when I was young. There was a fun local clearing near a beach I used to go to with my friends where we’d just hang out on summer days playing cards and frisbee. Sometimes if I want to clear my mind I listen to songs like these. Today might be one of those days.

Good evening to all Quackers.

snowysmom-I’m sorry the condo wasn’t a good fit. I know the right place is out there for you. i believe you will just “know” when you find it.

kirby- hope you are still able to get some rest and start to perk up soon. How fun for the kids to have Mack around.

judique- hope you are enjoying your trip and are not too sore from your fall.

easyas - I’m with you on the football, I can take it or leave it, esp.professional. My boys, however, have become Chiefs fans over the last two years or so, so,we’ve been watching the play-offs. I will have to say, tonight’s game was exciting. Too bad that wasn’t the Superbowl. They usually seem so one sided and extra dull, but this would have made a great one. I’m also not a follower so to speak of any players, but Tom Brady makes me nuts.🤷‍♀️ Footballmouse, it seems out teams will be up against each other next week, and I say that loosely as I can only name one player on the Chiefs rossiter. Lol I will have to say, I was impressed tonight after the game to see so many Bills players and Chiefs player hugging and talking to each other. Bills players congratulating the Chiefs. That’s how it should be, it stinks to lose, but a lot of their players seemed to have the right attitude about it when it was all said and done. Each team played their best, it seemed.

Anyway, I saw some of you have posted on the other thread, but I wanted to take a minute to honor pop daddy/low-key/Jason. for those that have not seen, he passed away. I rarely post on other threads but would add a sone once in awhile to his threads, and I always enjoyed reading his posts in all threads, he seems like such a genuine guy. In his memory, a question of the day…or night I guess by now… is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event? For me, one is one More For Love by Five For Fighting. When I was pregnant with my daughter I always would turn it up loud and I swear she’d always move around to it and it always made me smile and sometimes cry…hormones are a booger.

I am, as always, sending hugs and prayers to all Quackers as I know each one of us needs them, just in different ways.

Sorry to hear about low key. I know the name and have read some posts and had a favorable impression, but don't read much on Community board other than this thread. I read the credit card thread mostly (for extra travel money) and other budget board stuff, plus a little DVC boards. There are a lot of posts to follow on the whole forum and it can take so much time. Need to live in my own, real world to get my work done!

Songs - I'm all over the place and not musically inclined, but I can remember my first slow dance to Hey Jude, Led Zeppelins Stairway to Heaven, Moody Blues songs, Chicago. Then to really switch it up, violin music such as Natalie MacMaster, Irish songs from Clancy Brothers (really old stuff) River Dance type music with step dancing. Love Andrea Bocelli! Barbara Streisand. Neil Diamond. Simon and Garfunkel. Love smooth Jazz, rock n roll, blues music, and country music and even a little rap that is not vulgar. That all said can never remember the names of songs! Did not turn on the radio all during the drive or play any music - the kids kept the tempo and I needed to drive with as little distraction as possible.

Good morning all. I am glad that @frog3101 mentioned PopDaddy/LowKey/Jason's passing. I had posted on the other thread last nite, but I also wanted to add my prayers and sadness for him to this thread. He made us laugh, he made us sad, and yesterday he made a lot of us 'oldtimers' cry. As @Pea-n-Me said--too much loss lately :(

Its 28 outside going to mid 30's again. I for one will be glad when winter leaves!

Wow,,that KC Chiefs/Bills game was something. It just seemed to go on and on. All of the games this weekend, had teams playing like they weren't really in a play off game. Something seemed 'off' with a lot of them. I was rooting for the Chiefs, Mr L for the Bills, as we always pick a different team for each playoff game. Now I have to pick some for next week's championships, but sadly , it won't be for our 3 favorite teams. I am wondering if Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers are going to retire. Its time for both of them to do something else with their lives, imo

Glad you are having a nice trip @Judique, and I am enjoying your reports, so thank you!

Have a nice day all

9b222fe0a45008c6c029cce68b2a5d84.jpg

In his memory, a question of the day…or night I guess by now… is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event?

This song was popular my senior year in high school, and I particularly remember it playing at the cast party after my senior play. The line "I've had the time of my life" just seemed to fit so well.

Good morning.

I have a task I have been putting off that I need to do. We have a cruise scheduled for March 5 that we moved from February 2021. DH and I are not ready to cruise yet, especially not knowing if the ports would even be open. Final payment due next week and deposit is non refundable so need to hear my options. Not all that sad about missing it because haven’t been planning or looking forward to it at all, jus dreading the call.

Myteam is out of the football games but the Bills/Chiefs game was incredibly exciting.

I still need to find something to wear to the shower but have a month. I did find pants but would like a new top. Whenever there is an occasion when I know there’ll be pictures, I don’t want to wear something in recent photos.

@Judique, I also am enjoying follow along with your trip.

@Pea-n-Me, I did enjoy the first season of All Creatures Great and Small and was unaware it was back. I may have to watch on demand.

. In his memory, a question of the day…or night I guess by now… is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event?
I remember Pop Daddy / low-key. In spite of his coarseness at times, he seemed like a genuinely kind and caring person.

There are so many songs that take me back. Hakuna Matata and Be Our Guest both take me back to times vacationing on OBX with the kids when they were young, and Something in the Way She Moves by the Beatles reminds me of my Junior Ring Dance in high school because it was popular then.

People keep posting while I am so need to close before I miss someone.

I am guessing that the QOTD is what songs 'take you back', so I will add my 2 cents worth lol

McArthur Park brings me right back to my Jr Prom
Precious and Few brings me back to my early married life (ex husband)
Cross My Heart brings me back many memories of the 22 years I have been married to Mr L
Anything Disney brings me back to our honeymoon in WDW

Good Morning all,

Last evening I got into my PJ's about 6:30pm as I knew I needed rest. I had already made a dinner of leftovers for myself and the girls but I knew that wouldn't be all they wanted for the evening.

Settled down in the bedroom while the girls played in the living room. From my spot, I could see the path to the front door and with the latch on, if I dozed off, they would need a chair to leave, plus the door is so heavy it takes both of them to hold it open! They also are unlikely to go outside without me.

A few minutes later there was a knock and it was 2 of the recreation staff castmembers bringing cute gifts for the girls. Both have had a birthday in the last 3 weeks - oldest on NY's Eve and the other on the 19th of this month. The CM's remember them from November, plus the staff here are just awesome and kind to the kids. It's still so much more Disney than WDW is right now. Pluto signed their cards and there were cardgame, puzzle, stickers and other little toys - all the small kind they would get as prizes and that kids love. They also got cards at the desk when we checked in but this was above and beyond as when we walked to the carryout, Tide Me Over, they met up with the CM's that remembered them from November, and were wearing their birthday buttons from the front desk.

(This is the only day that they will wear the buttons. I don't want them feeling entitled.)

They happily spent the evening playing with this and their dolls plus this talking thing they brought along that I don't know the name off. Asked for snacks a few times and finally settled down and got into PJ's around 9, so should sleep well this morning, hopefully til 7ish or maybe 8, cross fingers.

I'm stiff and sore, but not as bad as Friday night, when I almost canceled my trip. It's bearable but I think I will pick up some ibuprophen today. Can't really lay on my left shoulder at night. I may get xrays when I go back as you never know.

At 6:30am it's already 39 and going up to high 50ties by mid afternoon so I think they will get a little pool time. At the Fairfield Inn there was an indoor pool, but very tiny and a family was using it, so no go. All too cool for me but they will try to swim anytime.

It's so peaceful here. I went out to the van to get something and was reminded there was another world by some chatter and laughter from someone on a boat in the marina. We are in a 1 bedroom under a grand villa so @bobbiwoz will have an idea of the area. Too bad we are inbetween 2 member's trips so don't get to say hello! @hhisc16 was just here and Bobbi is coming soon I think. I'm here for at least a stopover almost every January, and we come back for 6 nights in March. Sometimes we do summer and then usually I try for a few nights in the fall. By myself I'm sort of invisible (love that!) but when traveling with the girls, they get a lot of attention.

Stay well all, and best wishes to all not doing so well. Keep warm also, my main reason for wanting to drive south!
Glad yall are enjoying your stay!
We were in 1612 in a 1 bedroom under a grand villa.
It was cold, but we enjoyed our stay.
DHHIR has the best cast members!

Last edited:
I am glad we all had the same thought. I hope she knows that I was shared, not pressuring.

I have a task I have been putting off that I need to do. We have a cruise scheduled for March 5 that we moved from February 2021. DH and I are not ready to cruise yet, especially not knowing if the ports would even be open. Final payment due next week and deposit is non refundable so need to hear my options. Not all that sad about missing it because haven’t been planning or looking forward to it at all, jus dreading the call.
I went online to do some research on this and found a form to fill out instead of calling. Done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter