Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

QOTD - Do you iron regularly?

For the 5 years the boys were in high school (one grade apart) I ironed 10 oxfords & 10 pairs of khakis or slacks every Sunday. Eventually I started to give those slacks a good snap! right out of the dryer!

These days I iron as necessary. I'll hang something up wrinkled out of the wash and iron when I need it. I do on occasion look thru my closet and think I should just iron everyone one afternoon. But I don't.

I own an iron…I’m not sure I could locate it in a timely manner if I actually needed it.
My mother on the other hand irons EVERYTHING.

Sending prayers and many hugs to all who are dealing with COVID, other illnesses/ick, and are just generally have a rough go over the holidays.
We had a good Christmas and I’m dreading school starting back up next week.

Waving good morning from rainy LA!

Dad and I were so happy the mailman came back for the chair. God worked that out so wonderfully!

I'm wearing my new nightshirt now and feel cozy, such a blessing indeed.

November Christmas movie that dad and I are watching is sweet and sad, too. we'll watch more of it later :)

Starting to take an end of the year household inventory to take stock of our supplies. I pray to do my part this way to save us money and more than that, save dad time in stores! We are finding that even such random items as 9oz cups are very hard to find these days! Neither of us will take being able to purchase any item for granted again. Much better and safer to have some supply of every day items on hand to prevent the need for repeat often shopping for it.

QOTD - Do you iron regularly? LOL, I don't even know how to iron. Grandma was a beautiful iron-er. She loved (well no one loves to iron but you know what I mean,) to iron and did a beautiful job of it. Back in high school I did volunteer for a cancer society thrift store. One of the things I did was use a steamer to "iron" clothing donations so I guess I do have "ironing" experience of sorts :)

Prayers and a hug to all. I'll check back later.

Good Afternoon all.

Dreary day here and it matches my mood at the moment. Due to the rise in Covid cases my mom canceled New Year's, the second year in a row. Now I get to be bored watching football again, although I will probably put the headphones on and watch TV on my computer. Only downside to that is it aggravates my chronic ear issues.

We were supposed to start on the living and dining rooms in a couple of weeks, but that may not be happening now. My grandson's wife thinks I am taking advantage of him. I don't know what he has said to her, but every time I have a conversation with him, he won't talk prices. When I mentioned a figure, he said it was fine. I don't know if he has an issue with it or she does but I am terribly hurt by the conversation with her yesterday. He was supposed to do the floor last spring, and it is bought and paid for sitting in the warehouse waiting to be picked up, hopefully. Now I may need to find a contractor if we can't resolve this, and they are booked through June. I am just really down over the whole thing.

I am heading back to my pictures. 4,000 from my trip is just a lot of pictures. I was gifted Disney on Ice tickets for last night and took about 800 pictures there. I think I have a problem.

Have a good day.

He was supposed to do the floor last spring, and it is bought and paid for sitting in the warehouse waiting to be picked up, hopefully. Now I may need to find a contractor if we can't resolve this, and they are booked through June. I am just really down over the whole thing.

Sorry to hear that - I hope it gets straightened out!

I am heading back to my pictures. 4,000 from my trip is just a lot of pictures. I was gifted Disney on Ice tickets for last night and took about 800 pictures there. I think I have a problem.

Just maybe. :rotfl:

(But that's coming from someone with over 6000 pictures on her own phone.)

Good afternoon all. Sad news to share, Bingo crossed over the rainbow bridge yesterday afternoon. Tuesday and the day went on he seemed to be going downhill, that night I was up all night with him, he just couldn't get comfy and we could tell it was time. DH came called a vet that does at home euthanasia and he passed peacefully at home with one of his toys, ball, the three of us and our other boy Buddy. :sad1: So sad but he had a good life and a great last month with us. DH is having a really hard time, DD and I are of course sad but DH and Bingo had a special bond. Poor Buddy too...

Had a mammogram this morning and OUCH...it was the most painful one I think I've ever had. LOL I'll be surprised if I don't get a bruise from one of the images she took...yikes. With all the stress of the last couple days I never got around to calling my DR about an appointment about my back so I still need to do that.

I had a dental cleaning scheduled for tomorrow but they just called to reschedule, apparently they office was exposed to Covid yesterday so they have to choose until next week.

It's cold and rainy again today so I'm having a lazy day in my bedroom, while DH gives a training to two coworkers in our dining room and DD works from her bedroom today.

Hope you all have a great rest of your day and thanks for all the love as supportyou all have given me lately between my mom and my dog....:grouphug:

I don't even think we have an iron. :rolleyes1:laughing: If something is wrinkly, I just put it in the dryer...:laughing:

The only time I know I've ironed is when we've gone to a hotel, doing something nice and whatever I'm going to wear is wrinkled from my suitcase then I'll use the hotel iron but really that's rare....:laughing:

AuntieMe3-- I'm so sorry to hear about Bingo. Yoe always spoke with so much love for him, I know he will be missed. Rest assured he had a great life with you and your family.

Tazdev-- I'm so sorry that you are feeling hurt. I think that sometimes new members in a family don't understand the dynamics and instead interpret things wrongly. I hope you feel better about things soon. I know it can be very hard, but I think open communication is always best.

flyingdumbo-- I so admire the relationship you have with your Dad. The love comes through so strongly!

Happy New Year to all of you! Tomorrow my DS should fly out finally. I pray his flight isn't cancelled again. We'll take him to the airport and then pick up take out on the way home. Then its pj's for me and my chair watching tv.

@AuntieMe3 So sorry about Bingo. But you did make the right decision for him. Now he is running free with other doggies having fun. He was so well loved and cared for. :grouphug:

I have ironed upon occasion but try to avoid it. Growing up my mother would iron on Sunday afternoon. She ironed sheets and pillow cases, shirts, some underwear, pants, just about anything. I so wanted to learn how to iron. Well, she taught me and I changed my mind. It was such a chore.

I went into the office today for the first time since Chris passed. It was difficult at first because Chris always wanted me to email him to tell him I got there safely as I got in by 6:45 am. I thought of that as I walked in the dark to the building and to my cube. Tears were flowing as they seem to alot lately. It was nice to see 3 of my coworkers. They are very kind and caring. I think it will be healthy to go into the office once a week once I am settled nearby in a condo. Maybe by late Spring I can go back to once a week in the office. It was not nice to drive down 495 and route 3 in the dark. At least there weren't many tractor trailers as most of them were on the side of the road or at rest stops so the drivers could sleep. I stopped by the house on the way home to check it out and move the minivan. The minivan will be donated once the house goes up for sale. The tires are losing air, the exhaust smells. and the brakes need work. It is almost 19 years old so donation it is. I am going to the house tomorrow and the weekend. I want to do some cleaning, bring back bins of stuff I am saving for my new home, and finish cleaning areas that we left for later. It is mainly figuring out which video tapes to throw out, saving only special ones that we can have transferred to DVD. Chris videoed every football game and many track meets that kids were in. Younger DS did Pop Warner football so Chris would tape the games and give a copy to the coaches. We also have videos of Christmas mornings and when the kids were babies. I am letting the kids choose which ones to keep. I also have to clean off the dining room table as there is alot of Chris' work papers there and other stuff that he kept in piles on the table. I am so anxious to get into a place of my own and don't see it coming soon. It makes me a bit crazy. I need to clean to make some more progress.

A really good friend is coming to North Conway with me in May. I am happy about that. Another friend is coming with me to look at one of the condo complexes I am considering. She knows my style and that I am very low key so I know she will take that into consideration. She knows the right questions to ask which will help me. She has been very helpful through everything reminding me that Chris made his decisions and I could not change that. She also said something interesting; that Chris now understands something greater than we know and I will understand that this was the right choice for him when I go on to the next phase. She also said Chris knew that I would be strong and capable and will grieve and be OK. She said he probably knew I would be angry and is being a good listener. I find some comfort in that as I try to understand it all. However, I don't feel strong and capable, just sad and a bit angry. All I do is get up in the morning even if I don't want to and put one foot in front of the other. Things need to get done.

It is a cold dreary day here today. I did walk and it was misty. I kind of like it like that so it was fine. I have tomorrow off which is nice. I am just going to try to get through New Year's. We never did much anyway.

Have a good day.

Good morning.

Gray and yucky out today. Doing laundry, collected the trash, remade the guest bed, and cleaned the bird feeders. Yesterday I emptied them and brought them in to soak in warm water. I also took buckets of water out to rinse out the bird bath and refill with clean water. I hope the birds appreciate this.

@Judique, we are the same age. I turn 69 in February. My busy birthday time used to be mid-May to mid-June. Mother's Day, my mom's b-day, DD and FIL's b-days the same day, my father, DH, then Father's Day. Now it's September/October with DSIL, DDIL, and DS in 20 days.

This led me to a........

Not me. I will occasionally iron a tablecloth or dresser scarf. There are a very few items of clothing I iron. I would guess less than 6 times a year.

I used to have an employee, whose birthday was in February. She was our age. This made me think of her.

She would always come into the office and when I came out of my office, she would announce to everybody, 'I'm a month younger than Mrs. xxxx.' Then she would say, 'When are you retiring? I'm going to retire when you do.'

She had more than 35 years on the job.

I used to hear this about once a week at least. I retired in 2018, but she was still working for a bit, until she got sick. Usually people would retire at the end of the fiscal year, but I went out a few months before that, as I turned 65 that January, so bye bye!

Combined with her illness, dementia set in very quickly, or maybe it was there and we just didn't notice. But she died after I left in 2018, and I always think that she didn't get to enjoy any retirement. Not a fair system where illness can rob you of all you've worked towards.

Anyway, it was nice to be reminded of her as she always gave me a chuckle. I'll be saying an extra prayer tonight in her memory.

:grouphug:AuntieMe3, I'm so sorry about dear Bingo. As others have said, you indeed always shared about him with great care, he knew he was loved. Now he has restored to health and playing and running free. He's, of course, still watching over you, too, my friend.

Aw, thanks, DazedX3. The last two years, but extra this past year, I have absolutely come to cherish this time, closer in health, God has gifted my dad and I together. We are beyond blessed that is for sure. I pray daily that we might have many, many more years in health and together, ideally some post Covid too!

:hug:❤Snowysmom, reminder we all care and are here for you. Absolutely cheering you on always, my friend with love.

Its sunny and 60 here, we'll take it!

@Breezy_Carol---I did the same thing you did..you said---cleaned the bird feeders. Yesterday I emptied them and brought them in to soak in warm water. I also took buckets of water out to rinse out the bird bath and refill with clean water. I hope the birds appreciate this. I try and give them food every day, and try to keep the bird bath filled (when it's not so cold it freezes over). I too hope ours appreciate it. I know the outside cats appreciate watching the birds eat at the feeder, but have never seen any of them go after one, lol!

I puttered around in the cellar while Mr L slept. I took stock of all my 'covid stock pile' items, reorganized them from 3 huge boxes down into 1. Reorganized all the canned cat food we have stored down there. Starting to run low..and Walmart had next to nothing yesterday..even Chewy has been out of stock on most of what ours will eat.

Dinner is going to be leftover rotisserie chicken from last nite. Mr L says he's making inside out cordon bleu. Putting swiss cheese inside the chicken breast and wrapping hams slice from Christmas dinner around the outside. I don't care for it,,so will just eat the other leg and thigh with some plain ramen noodles. The oxygen company came today and took back all the empty tanks we had from the old portable concentrator..finally. Its taken almost a year to empty them all, since he uses the newer more portable one. So I have some free space over the cellar stairs in the corner of this room again where they have been stored. Now we can get the portable elliptical out and start using it again.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Good afternoon all!

Nothing new here to report; hanging with DGS. They are leaving my house on the 4th, going to DD's BFF for 2 days, then leaving FL to head to CA. SoIL#2 has to report to base on 1/12, and they don't get their house until 1/25. They have 14 days of hotel, but have to pay OOP for the last 4 days they will need. They bought a new car (pretty much brand new; it was a loaner for the service dept, only 4K miles), so they are driving.

DH and SoiL (and maybe DS) are going out tonight. There's a place here that has real video games, and its a bar and grill (like Dave & Busters, but no kids allowed after 8pm), so they are going to have a good time. We had tamales for lunch (green chile & chedder; chicken & cheddar; and pulled pork), and are discussing if we are having leftovers or Taco Bell for dinner for the rest of us. LOL

QOTD: I don't even own an iron any more. I had one, but MiL burned it out when she was living with us, and I haven't felt the need to replace it. Everything is hung up so no wrinkles, and if they do, I'll just toss it in the dryer on the steam cycle for 5-10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter