Q about meal credits at table service

Bellex917

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! We have used the DDP for the last two trips and have it booked for our upcoming trip. I'm looking to decide if I want to upgrade to the DDP+ but I had a question... if we are at a table service that is NOT a buffet/character meal, can my kids share a meal? My kids are both the worst eaters and we merely get the DDP for convenience bc they never each get their own meals- they share- everywhere we go. If we went to 50s Prime Time or something like that can they share one meal? We mostly do character meals so I'm not as well versed in the non-character buffet meals LOL.

Yes, somewhere like 50s Primetime you don't have to order meals for everyone, you can share. The general rule is that, if the menu lists separate entrees with separate prices, you would choose how many entrees to order and thus how many credits to use. Buffets, characters, family style, all you care to enjoy require using a credit for each head.

Via Napoli is a weird exception. If you're getting pizza, they want you to use a credit for everyone. I didn't eat there myself so I'm not sure if you could get around that by only ordering individual entrees. Is that one on your list?

My thought was we are going to CRT this trip, which will take 2 from each of us. Somewhere we need to make up the credits, or pay out of pocket. At a CS the kids can get an adult entree (or they could in April... can they still?) bc CS didn't differentiate so we could use them to share at Columbia Harbour House (my fave) one day (I find the food there to be huge portions).

My thought was we are going to CRT this trip, which will take 2 from each of us. Somewhere we need to make up the credits, or pay out of pocket. At a CS the kids can get an adult entree (or they could in April... can they still?) bc CS didn't differentiate so we could use them to share at Columbia Harbour House (my fave) one day (I find the food there to be huge portions).

Kids order off of the kid’s menu if there is one. No ordering an adult entree if they have a kids meal available. In other words, if you’re using a kid’s dining credit, you have to order a kid’s meal. You can do it as an adult, of course, but not the reverse.

At a CS the kids can get an adult entree (or they could in April... can they still?) bc CS didn't differentiate so we could use them to share at Columbia Harbour House (my fave) one day (I find the food there to be huge portions).
They changed the rules in 2020. Kids credits and adult credits are now differentiated for qs and ts. Kids now must order off the kid's menu.

Oh thank you everyone- that's good to know that they changed the CS rule... it was a too good to be true one bc I'd order the adult portion of nuggets at the CS place and it was enough for both kids and some left for us LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter