Purdue vs CP

cruizersuzer

Authentic Disney Freak
I'm currently a junior in high school and I have been a huge Disney fanatic my entire life. I am looking at pursuing a degree in engineering at Purdue University. I also really want to do the CP. Would I even have time to do CP or would it not be a good idea due to a massive work load? Either way, I plan on doing a PI after college, but I'm concerned I would not have as good of a chance at getting accepted if I do not do the CP. Are there any Purdue students or graduates (or really anyone) out there who could help me with this decision?

I'm currently a junior in high school and I have been a huge Disney fanatic my entire life. I am looking at pursuing a degree in engineering at Purdue University. I also really want to do the CP. Would I even have time to do CP or would it not be a good idea due to a massive work load? Either way, I plan on doing a PI after college, but I'm concerned I would not have as good of a chance at getting accepted if I do not do the CP. Are there any Purdue students or graduates (or really anyone) out there who could help me with this decision?

Although I did not go to Purdue and do not have a background in engineering, I have worked at WDW in a variety of capacities, as well as in CA for Disney Channel, the Studios and Corporate. The best advice that I can give you (and advice I fear too often falls on deaf ears) is go to school and become the best in the field that you want to work in. If that is a front line capacity then yes, participate in the CP (and you will find most PIs in those fields require participation in the CP).

However, if you want to go into a more specialized field (for example engineering) then the CP can help, but what can be an even greater advantage is excelling in your field of choice. What I found was that most fields where no prior CP participation was required, the PIs in those roles had never worked for the company before. Instead, they were the best in their appropriate fields.

Just my observations and thoughts. All the best in your journey.

I am starting my program tomorrow and am doing the program because the majority of the engineering related PI's require you to be a CP alumni. I am able to fit it into my purdue workload just fine, just be advised, the Purdue engineering program does not offer credit for doing the CP.

Boiler UP, Hammer down!!!!

I'm planning on doing the CP next summer/fall as an incoming junior Purdue engineering student. It's disappointing that you say I will get no credit for doing the CP though =(

I am starting my program tomorrow and am doing the program because the majority of the engineering related PI's require you to be a CP alumni. I am able to fit it into my purdue workload just fine, just be advised, the Purdue engineering program does not offer credit for doing the CP.

Boiler UP, Hammer down!!!!

Just curious what area you will be doing ur CP in? My son is a senior engineering major and did not think there was anything (except possibly being on ride operations) that would be worth the time away from his engineering program. He didn't want to waste his time cleaning toilets or flipping burgers! I'm sure that many PIs are alumni only, he has always found at least 2 or 3 which are non alumni to apply to each season. He was even offered one for this fall but turned it down due to wanting to wait til 2nd sem senior year to reapply. Tough decision but in his gut it was right thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter