Puppy left in car :(

¡WDW!girlrox(:

Those who don't believe in magic will never find i
Okay so tonight me and my parents went out to dinner.
We got to the restaurant and parked. Not even 30 seconds later another family parked next to us. They got out of the car(not even cracking the windows) and left a puppy in their car. :(
We were just in shock. My mom was just about to call the cops when they got back in their car and drove to the restaurant next door.
Being the people we are we followed the barking and found their car, again no cracked windows.
We couldn't believe it! They went inside to eat while leaving this poor puppy in their car!
My mom called the cops(non emergency) and they said they would send someone out.
The manager came out and everyone who passed by stopped at the car. No one could believe this!
The owners of the car/puppy came out about 15 minutes after entering the restaurant. They put the leash on the puppy and let the manager take care of it for while they were eating.

My mom called the cops and said that they weren't really needed anymore, but that they should probly talk to the owners. Everyone was pretty much yelling at the puppy owner.
It was just unbelievable.
Thoughts? Opinions?

I find that terrible. If it is hot where you were, the puppy couldve become really sick or could've died. I would NEVER leave a dog (especially a puppy) in the car in the heat

I find that terrible. If it is hot where you were, the puppy couldve become really sick or could've died. I would NEVER leave a dog (especially a puppy) in the car in the heat

Well it's FL during summer. It was very cloudy, but also very warm. If you have a dog and want to eat then go through a drive-through. A lot of places such as Chilis(which is where they were)do take out.

I'm glad your mother did something about it.
I find it absolutly TERRIBLE when people leave their dogs in cars by themselves... I don't care if the window is cracked open, that is honestly not doing much. I've never been in this situation before, but I would 100% stand by that car and wait a few minutes, to see if the owners came from wherever they were. If they didn't come in five or so minutes, I'm calling the cops. It makes it worse when it's a puppy or an older dog, they have even less of a chance to survive in the car.

Poor dog. I agree ey should've done take out or drive through. I am also happy that your mom did something. Its just like leaving a baby in the car by itself

that is just horrible i am a B I G animal lover and this kinda stuff makes me sick

we were eating at a small diner and it is breakfest right around the time the meter lady comes and we look out the window and she comes up to a car were a dalmation was sitting in the car it must have just got there cause we didnt see it when we went in and we couldnt tell if a window was open or not she starts to right the ticketande the guy comes out and starts fighting her he ends up with the ticket and drives off

it is the middle of summer and there was a full grown dalmation in a small car in high 80's low 90's weather it probably was just a few minutes but still some people have no sense

that is just horrible i am a B I G animal lover and this kinda stuff makes me sick

we were eating at a small diner and it is breakfest right around the time the meter lady comes and we look out the window and she comes up to a car were a dalmation was sitting in the car it must have just got there cause we didnt see it when we went in and we couldnt tell if a window was open or not she starts to right the ticketande the guy comes out and starts fighting her he ends up with the ticket and drives off

it is the middle of summer and there was a full grown dalmation in a small car in high 80's low 90's weather it probably was just a few minutes but still some people have no sense
If its 82 degrees outside, its over 110 inside the car.

There's no excuse for that, especially down here in FL. It's just too hot even at night. Just leave the dog at home.

We only ever leave my dog in the car if it's not obscenely warm out, and if we're at say, McDonalds. In other words, only if we know we're gonna be out in about 15 minutes.
Otherwise, it's drive-thru.

Yea I think if you just have to run inside at the gas station to use the bathroom and you'll be right out(as long as it's cooler weather) it's fine.

But some people just take it too far. :sad2:

I think that's AWFUL! I would never do that to my dog. I fthe puppy cannot be left at home while you eat either a) crate train it (thats what we do for my dog. she actually likes her crate ; I guess it makes her feel safe and secure) or b) don't go out to eat. Leaving a puppy alone in a car while you enjoy dinner is just plain old mean ): I would absolutly call the police (non-emergency) and/or talk to the owners.

This just breaks my heart. =( In the summer there is far too much of this going on, whether it's neglect or that people just don't understand how much hotter the inside of a car can get than the outside temperature. I'm glad to see there are people willing to try to do something about it.

That's sad :( But im very glad that your mom did something about it. some people just don't relise what the heat can do to dogs :(. But the good thing is that there are people like you and your mom who will do something about it.:)

I think that it is absolutley horrible. ): My dad worked with a guy who use to bring his dog to work and keep it in a cage in the back of his car. This guy worked full hour days. Sad enough the dog died one of the times from it being so hot and everything.): It's sad that people could actually be stupid enough to do that to their dogs.
Especially with the going out to eat thing. They could have left the dog at home in the air conditioning while they went out to eat.

as much as i think they were wrong i think they werent planning on leaving him there

it said they came out with the manager who would watch there puppy
they left the first restruant and went to another
i think they were planningto get the manager anyway

as wrong as it was not to open the windows or keep the car and ac running
i think they hadd the best of intentions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter