PTR-Cheating on Mickey w/Harry!...OMG! Only a month to go!

I have some actual NEWS! This might not seem big to the rest of you, but it is for me. Today DP told me to plan a day in our trip next year for Discovery Cove. 'We'll spend the full day there, and do the swim with the Dolphins. I think we'll be adding a day to the trip because I had it pretty jam packed as it was, and I don't want to lose a day of F&W or the days at MK or our ADRs.

The reason this is such a big deal is that this is the first request that she has made to even seem like she is part of this trip. The whole time I've been excited about the trip, and she says, "Whatever you want dear" in that kind of Ricky Ricardo reading the paper sort of tone...

Yay :banana: Group Participation! :banana:

:woohoo:

And I'll be interested to find out what you thought of it. I've always thought of having a day out at DC; but had been put off a little bit by the price....

I think adding a day to your trip would be the ideal solution :rolleyes1

:woohoo:

And I'll be interested to find out what you thought of it. I've always thought of having a day out at DC; but had been put off a little bit by the price....

I think adding a day to your trip would be the ideal solution :rolleyes1

I know we would go in the middle of one of our stays, we wouldn't want to be packing up and moving the next day. We also want to avoid a weekend, although actually if we book in advance that might be idea. Their website says they limit admission to 1,000 people so that it can be an uncrowded experience. If we went on the Sunday of our trip, we would avoid the huge F&W crowds at Disney! :wizard:

I think that's perfect! I love how while I am talking to all of you about plans, I come up with ideas of how things would go most smoothly!

It looks like a real fun day. It's really pricey so you want to be there the whole time from 9AM to 5:30PM, but you get 1/2 an hour (scheduled) with the dolphins. They provide a continental breakfast with breads, cereals, yogurt, etc. The lunch sounded pretty good, salmon, pasta, chicken, or burgers with lots of sides and they even include beer & wine as beverages. Basically the only thing scheduled is the dolphin time and other than that, you can swim in the lazy river, they have a small snorkeling area and a bigger one is opening in June. They also have a beach where you can just lay in the sun or swim.

Sounds like a fun day and I'll have something simple marinating at home in the fridge so we can just come back to the villa, pop it in the oven and have a nice relaxing meal. Maybe we'll even pick up a DVD at the Community Hall. See I've got that whole day planned as well. :teacher: Now where to fit it in? :rotfl2:

Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing day!! It's great that they include the food too...and having a nice quiet dinner at home in your villa afterwards sounds very relaxing too! Then some wine on the balcony...perfect evening!

Whew! REad through it all!!! :banana:

Okay, the first thing I absolutely have to bring up first.....

What do you mean cancelling F&W @ DCA?!?!? I didn't get this memo???

Uggggh, how disappointing!!! :mad: :sad2: Was this on allears or a blog here on the dis?? And maybe indefinitely!?! sigh.......

Okay, i'll try to move on now...You MUST have a butterbeer!!! I can only imagine how creamy, sweet, and yummy it must taste!! :cloud9: Are you going to be seeing the new HP coming out in a few weeks?! For sure, we are!! :banana:

Another reason for us to go to the F&W at Epcot...for the GM tastings!! Ahh, sounds wonderful!

I'm glad you were able to add an extra day on to your trip!! That's pretty much a good indication that you're gonna have an awesome time!!!

Whew! REad through it all!!! :banana:

Okay, the first thing I absolutely have to bring up first.....

What do you mean cancelling F&W @ DCA?!?!? I didn't get this memo???

Uggggh, how disappointing!!! :mad: :sad2: Was this on allears or a blog here on the dis?? And maybe indefinitely!?! sigh.......

Okay, i'll try to move on now...You MUST have a butterbeer!!! I can only imagine how creamy, sweet, and yummy it must taste!! :cloud9: Are you going to be seeing the new HP coming out in a few weeks?! For sure, we are!! :banana:

Another reason for us to go to the F&W at Epcot...for the GM tastings!! Ahh, sounds wonderful!

I'm glad you were able to add an extra day on to your trip!! That's pretty much a good indication that you're gonna have an awesome time!!!

Yeah, can you believe that? Canceling F&W, and conveniently they waiting until the Villas were all sold out before announcing that!

My friend PrincessInOz went to HP land and said the Butterbeer was GREAT! I can't wait!

We're not going to see the movie in the theaters, I have become increasingly disappointed with the movies as they leave out so much. I mean Dobie hasn't been in a movie since the second one. I did see him in a Trailer for this one I think.

Yeah, going to Epcot for F&W will be more meaningful. There is a post on California boards about it. My DP gets email from Chip & Co and that's where we heard about it. They are being very tight lipped only saying that in 2013 they will evaluate the situation for festivals and events. :sad2:

Yeah, can you believe that? Canceling F&W, and conveniently they waiting until the Villas were all sold out before announcing that!

My friend PrincessInOz went to HP land and said the Butterbeer was GREAT! I can't wait!

We're not going to see the movie in the theaters, I have become increasingly disappointed with the movies as they leave out so much. I mean Dobie hasn't been in a movie since the second one. I did see him in a Trailer for this one I think.

Yeah, going to Epcot for F&W will be more meaningful. There is a post on California boards about it. My DP gets email from Chip & Co and that's where we heard about it. They are being very tight lipped only saying that in 2013 they will evaluate the situation for festivals and events. :sad2:

Oh yeah, so convenient..:sad2: I don't understand...were they not making enough sales from it? It seemed busy when I went this past year and a few years ago?!.....sigh....sucks.

Yup, I soooo know what you mean about the movies. They do leave out lots of stuff!! I just like being surrounded by the movie...two years ago (I think that's when the last one was in theaters right?) we went to and Imax/3D movie theater in Harrisburg PA, and it was awesome!! I've never been to an Imax before and it was such a cool experience watching HP on that! I would want to do that again, but would have to travel 45 mins to see it..:sad2:

Chip & Co? Is this a Disney website?

Oh yeah, so convenient..:sad2: I don't understand...were they not making enough sales from it? It seemed busy when I went this past year and a few years ago?!.....sigh....sucks.

Yup, I soooo know what you mean about the movies. They do leave out lots of stuff!! I just like being surrounded by the movie...two years ago (I think that's when the last one was in theaters right?) we went to and Imax/3D movie theater in Harrisburg PA, and it was awesome!! I've never been to an Imax before and it was such a cool experience watching HP on that! I would want to do that again, but would have to travel 45 mins to see it..:sad2:

Chip & Co? Is this a Disney website?

About F&W, since they're tearing up the entrance to DCA and rebuilding it they say there will not be any space for the Festival. Evidently all the Chefs and wineries were booked, they just pulled the rug right out from underneath the whole thing.

[url]http://www.*********.com/[/URL]

She gets their newsletter and that's where she read it.

Hmmm...I don't know why it won't let me put the link in :confused3 Competition to the DIS? Well google it and you'll find it!

So this has nothing to do with my trip to WDW in October/November, but it is fun and exciting!

I just booked our trip to Washington DC for April :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We're doing a split stay, we'll stay 4 nights in the heart of DC at a Homewood Suites by Hilton, and then pick up a rental car and spend another 4 nights at a Homewood Suites in Alexandria, VA. We're flying First Class on American, and so far the trip is costing us a whopping $10!

You've got to love those credit card points! :thumbsup2

Here's some photos of where we are staying. This is the Downtown DC Hotel, they both have a living room and King Size bed along with Full Kitchen.

WASHWHW_Homewood_Suites_by_Hilton_Washington_gallery_welcome1.jpg

WASHWHW_Homewood_Suites_by_Hilton_Washington_gallery_accom_stelivingarea_large1.jpg

WASHWHW_Homewood_Suites_by_Hilton_Washington_gallery_accom_kingste_large1.jpg

You get a full breakfast every morning, and M-TH they have a sort of Happy Hour with snacks and beverages.

AXEHWHW_Homewood_Suites_by_Hilton_Alexandria_gallery_restaurants_breakfastarea_large1.jpg

This is the one in Alexandria

AXEHWHW_Homewood_Suites_by_Hilton_Alexandria_gallery_accom_hotelexterior_large1.jpg

AXEHWHW_Homewood_Suites_by_Hilton_Alexandria_gallery_accom_kingsweep_large_41.jpg

AXEHWHW_Homewood_Suites_By_Hilton_Alexandria_gallery_accom_khwn3_large1.jpg

AXEHWHW_Homewood_Suites_By_Hilton_Alexandria_gallery_accom_khwn2_large1.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana:

$10????

Them points sure do come in handy! Have a great time!

:eek: TEN DOLLARS? God, that's insane! I hate you! :lmao:

If you had ANY idea how much money we have spent (thank got for credit card miles) on our apartments in the last year and a half I think you would all have a heart attack! Fran's father used bubble gum and shoe strings to hold the apartments together. Every time we need to fix something we find out about how rickety his fixes were. On the sprinklers at La Pasada he had used telephone wire to hook up the sprinkler connections. I think it cost us about $1200 to fix this, unfortunately he didn't take credit cards. However, everything that needs fixing seems to be 4 digits. And whatever we can we put on credit cards we do and pay them off immediately. That's why a loan will come in very handy. We will find out within a week, so cross your fingers. :thumbsup2

Then I will be able to buy all the points I want! :thumbsup2

Well since we don’t get to have F&W in CA…I’m wondering if I should extend some of our Epcot F&W stuff even though our kids will miss us that much more. Until I book the trip, I won’t make any decisions.

So we are visiting during F&W. Now last year we spent a week doing almost nothing but F&W, except we made ADRs for one meal each day during the trip. Our goal was to try everything on the F&W Festival menu, except for a few things that we knew we wouldn’t care for. I was really pressed for time to get a taste of everything. I know now that a lot of the stuff is repeated year after year and some of it changed. I guess if something doesn’t sell well in a particular year it doesn’t go on the menu for the next year.

I have the menus from 2009 & 2010 and so I’ll try to highlight a few things of what we wish to hit and what we hope will be there next year! I’ll go in alphabetical order since that is the way the Disney site is laid out.

So going in alphabetical order, Argentina would be first.

The Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée was present in both 2009 and 2010. We liked this one last year, so if it returns we’ll be trying it!

IMG_1848.jpg

I noticed that they changed the Empanada from Corn & Cheese to Beef and Tomato Salsa. We’ll be in for whatever flavor they have this was the Roasted Corn & Cheese version.

IMG_1849.jpg

Austria was there last year, but not back in 2010. That’s OK because we really didn’t care for much from that booth. Australia was back again, we really liked the lamb chop, but I think I will pass on the Barramundi!

IMG_1892-Copy.jpg

New this year was Belgium, and I would love to try both of these…the mussels in Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce

PA0602851.jpg

And then the Belgian Waffle which would go nicely with the Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee

20101009_1611.jpg

20101009_2871.jpg

Last year they said that Brazil was New, but this year it says that it has been around since 1996. We passed on this one last year and I think I would if it came back in 2011. I’m not big into coconut, so the Shrimp Stew with Coconut is out, and probably the Grilled Pork Skewer, I’m lukewarm on that one. Same with the Brewer’s collection, not that I don’t like beer, but I’d rather concentrate on the F&W pairings.

Canada next up…I don’t do Salmon so that one is out, but we liked the Chicken Sausage with Corn Polenta

IMG_1755.jpg

And I think we will do two of the Cheese Soup! I make this at home a lot with the cookbook that I bought last year. But I would love to have it again. We’re not planning an ADR at Le Cellier, so I’d definitely like to get the cheese soup again.

IMG_1756.jpg

Charcuterie & Cheese, this was new in 2010. If it comes back, I don’t think I’m so interested in the Applewood Smoked Beef, Duck; and Ham although I do like the idea of the Cheese Fondue with Croutons and Roasted Potatoes. So if I’m in line for that one, I suppose we’ll get the other plate, just so that each of us has something to eat while we’re snacking.

020by1.jpg

At Chile the Shrimp Ceviche is lukewarm, so I think we would move on to China. The only thing that returned was the Potstickers. We loved those.

IMG_1907.jpg

I’ve heard awesome things about the Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles

DSC_00521.jpg

And I’m sure if we were waiting in the line we would get the Xinjiang Barbecue Chicken Stick

20101009_1721.jpg

Another interesting note for the next booth Desserts & Champagne, in 2009 they said it was new, but this year it says that it’s been around since 2000. We would probably get some of each, we like desserts, but the reviews I’ve heard are a little lukewarm for this year. I decided not to seek out pictures from this year’s festival but move on to Paris France.

Last year the only thing we tried was the Crème Brulee, we were a little too full for the Short Ribs and I just wasn’t feeling like Escagot that day.

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

Since we plan on eating pretty much only at the F&W Festival while we stay at BCV hopefully we’ll be more hungry

So moving on to Germany, we loved all three of the offerings and will definitely be getting them again. Maybe two of the strudel!

Späetzle Gratin with Ham and Cheese

IMG_1779.jpg

Nuernberger Sausage on a Pretzel Roll

IMG_1780.jpg

Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce

IMG_1781.jpg

Greece, another Yum! We loved all three of these last year and hope to come back several times and get more of them!

Greek Salad with Pita Bread

IMG_1804.jpg

Spanakopita

IMG_1805.jpg

Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki

IMG_1803.jpg

We didn’t get the Baklava in Greece, we got it in Morrocco. I wonder if they were different?

That’s probably enough pics for this update. I’ll continue the list in alphabetical order in the next post.

I know don't you love all the different offerings. I'm starting to work on the yummy lobster roll and others, it will take a while with all I have going on with the fumigation etc but will happen!

Well, all the offerings you had up were yummy to me. The only exception was the chocolate creme brulee....because that was warm when we bought it at WDW. It should have been cold.

Perhaps you were thinking about my NOT Blissful Bites list....:lmao:

Your upcoming trip to Washington, DC in April sounds wonderful! We LOVE the Homewood Suites! We are staying at a Homewood Suites in Delaware on Thanksgiving. My brother-in-law's family is there and we are going there for the holiday. We're leaving at around 8am Thanksgiving morning, like we did last year. We hit no traffic. We stay over the one night, enjoy their breakfast in the morning and then drive home to Brooklyn, NY. The drive is only about 2 and a half hours.

All the F&W offerings look fantastic...I want to try them now! :lmao:

OK, I will get back to my 'boring' day of eating...yogurt...I will just have a yogurt!! :rotfl2:

So the Hops & Barley booth is definitely one of my favorite. I love the Lobster Roll.

IMG_1777.jpg

The Crab Cake was quite tasty as well.

IMG_1778.jpg

I hope that they are still serving the Bread Pudding, that was excellent as well!

IMG_1888-Copy.jpg

I notice that India is not back this year…we skipped it last year. I love Indian Food, but not the selections that they were offering.

Now Ireland! Anyone who has read all of my PTR should know that this was my most favorite booth. I plan to visit this one several times!

Lobster & Scallop Fisherman’s Pie

IMG_1808.jpg

Molten Center Chocolate Cake!

IMG_1809.jpg

They have changed the offerings in Italy from last year. Instead of the Ravioli that they are offering this year they had a Canneloni. I thought that the Canneloni was quite excellent.

IMG_1897.jpg

They do still have the meatballs (polpetti) I didn’t think these were that great, they weren’t bad, but nothing special.

IMG_1900.jpg

The Baked Ravioli with Cheese looks really Yummy!

20101009_1681.jpg

So moving right along to Japan,

IMG_1925.jpg

I LOVE sushi! I wish the choices were a little more daring, but I guess I will have to wait until we go to the California Grill for that. I will definitely get the spicy Tuna roll!

IMG_1894.jpg

DP really doesn’t like to eat Raw fish, so we’ll probably get a California Roll too. These are OK, not my favorite, but I won’t refuse it!

IMG_1893.jpg

Last year they had this Sukiyaki Beef Roll. I was skeptical, but it was quite good.

IMG_1895.jpg

This year they replaced it with something called Wafu Ribettes

japan-wafu-ribettes1.jpg

Somehow I missed this one last year, but it is called Tuna Sensation…It looks wonderful!

20101009_1441-1.jpg

OK, enough for now! More when we’re back in our own house, the tenting people should be here any minute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter