• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PSA - Please label your luggage!!

What about luggage tags like this? It's rubberized and about 5 inches square.

x354-q80.jpg

Doesnt matter...Tags are tags...they get pulled off. None are safe..The amount of pressure the system uses snaps these like twigs

Doesnt matter...Tags are tags...they get pulled off. None are safe..The amount of pressure the system uses snaps these like twigs

Ok thanks! Now where did that duct tape go?

As a pp said always check your boarding pass. Last trip we noticed my grandsons had the wrong name. We went to the desk and had it corrected (so we thought). It was almost time to board and DD looked at hers and it had her on a flight to a Houston. We were going to Birmingham. They had taken hers to make the correction and they corrected my grandsons name but changed both their flights! We were flying Southwest. I was super annoyed as I bought EB for all of us and they started boarding while we were getting the correction made

Last edited:
I have to ask...were you all on the same itinerary with SW? Or did you have to book your dh on a different one? Perhaps the person at RAC just keyed in the name and grabbed the first one he saw.
As for those at MCO saying 'Disney' shouldn't be checking bags? They aren't. These aren't Disney employees. Not to mention, I've had my bags incorrectly tagged at the airport! That's why I check those destination tags...every single time. When checking in for my flight out of Boston's Logan, to MCO, the destination tag on my bag was for Ft Lauderdale!!! Good thing I noticed.
Always, always, always double check both your boarding pass and luggage tag!!!
Sorry for the delay in responding. We were all on the same reservation. I bought all the tickets at the same time on SWA. I travel more often than my husband and son, and I frequently get the TSA precheck, and sometimes they don't. I have a different surname than my husband, and his is a very common Hispanic surname and his first name is common as well. I am not sure why the employee at check-in didn't use the reservation code to search. We all had the same one. It was just a coincidence I'm sure that somebody with the same first and last name was traveling on the same day as we were.
I am fully aware that the check in people are not Disney employees. I have used the check in service at the hotels for years ever since it was started, probably since 2005 or so, as I recall. This is one of only two times that I have had a problem. Once, I was traveling with my son by myself. My husband paid the baggage fee on-line since I didn't have a computer with me on the trip. Since I didn't have a receipt for the payment that I had already paid the fee, I had to pay again, and apply later for a refund. That was in about 2005. Since then, the process had been relatively smooth for all the approximately 20 trips we've made to Orlando since 2005.

We had the same thing happen to my husband except for the fact that they never caught it. We caught it at the airport when we were going through security. He just happened to notice that he had a boarding pass for Texas and we live in NC. The names were correct so we didn't look further than that when we got our boarding passes and turned over our luggage at the resort and apparently the other guy did not look either. Our case however, believe it or not, the same name checking out of the same resort on the same day. Needless to say, it was a pain in the tush trying to get the correct boarding pass and find his luggage. This was the only time I was ever happy that MDE takes you to the airport 3 hours early. LOL The boarding pass was fixed but, there was not enough time for them to get his bags. His bags went to Texas and we got them 3 or 4 days later. Please check all of your info before your bags are out of your sight! Lesson learned here.
I am so glad that nothing like this happened to us. The bags according to our receipt were checked back to MCO. The time stamp on the tags was about an hour before I discovered that my husband's boarding pass was for a flight to MCO that had arrived about 11 am the day we were leaving, in other words, before we were checking out of the resort. So, we were lucky that the bags would have been going to MCO anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter