• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proving age for two and under

KTSMOM

DIS Veteran
I have a question. My daughter will still be two when we go to Disney in Sept-just a week shy of turning three. I was told by someone, not from Disney, that we would need to prove her age since kids two and under are free for the parks. Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks!

My DDs are big for their age, so I usually have a copy of their birth certificate just in case. Especially since youngest will be 22 months on our trip, and we are lapping her on the plane.

Our DD was also tall for her age - I was asked how old she was once in a 10 day trip and my answer was not questioned. She was 6 weeks short of her 3rd birthday.

I too was questioning this; my son will be turning 3 during our stay. I was told when I booked our trip that as long as he was two years old when we check in....he is still two during our stay. I thought, that I would have to buy him a pass on his b-day. I was told that it wasn't necessary.:D

I was told that too. I am a DC member and I called to have my DS's 3rd B-day put on the reservation. He turns 3 Oct. 6 and we start our vacation Oct. 1. They didn't mention anything about proof..but since you mentioned it...I might bring it along.

Have a great trip!

It wouldn't hurt to bring proof but I doubt that anyone will ask for it. We were there last year a month before my son turned 3 and nobody gave him a second look.

Do you have insurance cards? The ones I have for my boys have their birthdates on them - easier than carrying a copy of a birth certificate.

I'm trying to convince dh to take one more trip this year before our youngest turns 3! ;)

Airlines will ask if you attempt to forego purchasing a seat, but Disney will not ask.

DS will be about 21 months for our trip so I don't think we will get questioned but I am still planning on bringing a copy of his birth certificate just in case. I figure better safe than sorry and it really doesn't take up any extra room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter