PROMO OVER, SORRY FOLKS!!! New Summer Special photo package available!!

Just thought I'd let you all know that the special package can only be used throughout the summer. I was hoping to buy it for our trip in October but looks like it won't be valid.Screenshot_20170521-142015.png

Just thought I'd let you all know that the special package can only be used throughout the summer. I was hoping to buy it for our trip in October but looks like it won't be valid.

Aww dang. I wanted to use it for October too. They should really say that on their website.

Aww dang. I wanted to use it for October too. They should really say that on their website.

I know :guilty: it kind of makes sense with the name being summer special but was hoping it just meant that you could buy the offer during summer. A lot of what I've been reading though looks like the packages in general don't have an expiry but I honestly don't think I can take the chance :sad2:

I know :guilty: it kind of makes sense with the name being summer special but was hoping it just meant that you could buy the offer during summer. A lot of what I've been reading though looks like the packages in general don't have an expiry but I honestly don't think I can take the chance :sad2:

Yeah that was what I was hoping for too. Oh well. :(

Probably a dumb question, but does unlimited digital downloads mean you can download all of the photos they take? I like to upload everything to Shutterfly and make photo books.

Might be a dumb question - but does the 5 days mean 5 park days or 5 days from when photos are taken to download? And if the later, what is the time limit for accessing and downloading pictures?

Last edited:
This is really interesting, but there is a serious lack of information about the package, and the links on that website to contact them are not working...has anyone actually made the purchase, yet. Leaving for Orlando early Sunday, so interested in someone's experience.

Yes. I found out from the OI FB page, and the original poster of that thread bought and redeemed it without an issue for her recent trip.

The link doesn't take you to the official Universal Orlando website. Is this for sure a legitimate site? I hope so! We weren't going to book a photo package, but we'd do this one!

IT's legit. It's the pre-order page for the company that does Universal's Photos.

I have the same reservation. I'm going to Universal Resort with my girlfriend in 10 days and this seems like a good package to get in order to get pics of us together rather than asking random people to take our picture or something, but would feel a lot better if this was through Universal's site or even had more of an explanation of what we're getting exactly, where to redeem, etc. I haven't been to Universal in 20 years and a lot, well, basically everything has changed since then so this photo package is new to me. Are there going to be people around the park taking your picture, or the on-ride pictures they offer to sell you afterwards, or both? In any case thanks for the tip!

You redeem the voucher at one of the photo stores in the parks. There are some photographers around the parks, and you can add ride photos as well. There's just not as many photo ops as at Disney.

I've just bought the package having purchased a similar one last year from the same site (which is definitely an official one).

On payment you receive a confirmation email which you can then take to either On Location just inside the gates of Universal Orlando or DeFoto's Expedition Photography just inside Islands of Adventure in order to pick up your card, etc.

Thanks for the specifics!

Okay, so I have never done one of the photo packages. Can someone give me a pretty good insight into what the experience is like? I imagine how I think it works, but am not sure...and don't want to be disappointed if it is not what I expect.

So, I think:

You get a single card...not multiple cards for the family.
Wherever there is a TM taking pictures, you can have your picture taken and show your card...they get the information and those pictures are added to your 'account'.
On the the rides that take pictures...and participate in the program...you stop at the picture desk, in the ride gift shop and pick your picture and show your card, and those pics are added to your account.
You can do as many of the above as long as the account is active.
You can pass the card around for when you are not all together and continue to do all of the above, individually or in smaller groups.

Is that the jest of it? Other than my next questions, is there anything else to it?

Where do I get the 'In Park Prints' that are part of the offer?
It says 'Unlimited Downloads for X amount of time'...does that mean that after that time, you will not have access to the photos...or does that mean that the photos that are taken during that time are downloaded to your account, but you still have access beyond the time frame?
Other than the front of each park, where do TMs hang out for other photo ops...if any?
Is there anywhere, other than in the parks, to pick up the card? Just wondering if there is a way to pick them up before you hit the parks...we will arrive in Orlando, tomorrow, but won't get to the parks until Tuesday.

Thanks for any help....could have found this out directly, if the 'Contact' page worked on that site.

You can ask for a second card.

The prints are printed out at the photo shops, noted above by a PP.

The X amount of time refers to consecutive park days in which the card is good. After the pictures are added to your account, it's my understand that they're there for a pretty long time (others have reported that pics from past trips are still in their accounts, but I'm not sure how long passed between trips>0

Can I please ask who you were asking? When does summer finish? That sounds like an odd end date. Really disappointed I was going to buy one for November.
As I'm not on Twitter, my partner messaged universal Orlando. I also received an email from them this afternoon again confirming that it is only run during summer and will expire on 30th September

From what I understand this promotion is from the people who do the photos (Amazing Pictures) not Universal. The e-mail you receive with the bar code has no expiration and does not even mention "summer special" or anything about your package at all, it is the exact same e-mail I got 2 years ago when I purchased the annual pass package (but not the e-mail I got when I purchased from Universal a couple months ago). Other people who have talked to the CS at Amazing Pictures have reported they were told no expiration (currently none of the packages they sell expire).

Also, just an fyi... I was charged FL sales tax when I purchased directly from Universal a couple of months ago, but was not charged when I purchased from Amazing Pictures.

Also, just an fyi... I was charged FL sales tax when I purchased directly from Universal a couple of months ago, but was not charged when I purchased from Amazing Pictures.

I purchased this and I was charged tax. (I'm in Texas.)

Can you redeem the voucher during early entry? Our first day, I plan to head straight to Diagon Alley. I really don't want to have to walk all the way back to the front of the park at official opening to redeem the voucher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter