Progressive Party Help

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
My dd17 and her friends had decided to have a progressive party/ dinner on New Year's Eve and end with a movie. That way they can have a fun safe New Years and be home early before too many drunk drivers on the road. Well she let me know about this tonight and we are in charge of appetizers. I'm at a loss. I am looking for fun appetizer ideas for about 20 teens that will be easy (I work all day tomorrow) . Tia

My dd17 and her friends had decided to have a progressive party/ dinner on New Year's Eve and end with a movie. That way they can have a fun safe New Years and be home early before too many drunk drivers on the road. Well she let me know about this tonight and we are in charge of appetizers. I'm at a loss. I am looking for fun appetizer ideas for about 20 teens that will be easy (I work all day tomorrow) . Tia

I'd vote for crab rangoon dip, buffalo chicken dip, smokin piggies in a blanket, veggies and ranch.

And, since you'll be at work all day, I'd ask dd17 to get involved and make the appetizers;)

If you don't have time to cook, pick up some Nancy's petite quiche and Nancy's deli pinwheel sandwiches at Sam's. They quiche come 48 ct. and the sandwiches 60 ct. for about $10 each. Sandwiches take about an hour to defrost and you just pop the quiche in the oven. Throw in some fresh fruit and your done.

Nachos
Little hotdog sausages wrapped in crescent rolls
Brie wrapped in crescent rolls and baked
Tiny pizzas made with canned biscuits
Triscuits layered with salsa, sour cream, and cheese
Sausage balls
Sams has a ton of frozen things like mini quiches or piri piri chicken pastry cups (spicy & yummy)
Bacon wrapped around anything :)

fruit & veggies trays would be easy. Buffalo chicken dip is easy & DD20 loves it. How about meatballs, they can't get any easier. Throw frozen meatballs, 1 jar grape jelly & 1 jar chili sauce in crockpot. Cook all day & serve. Tortilla chips and hot cheese dip was another favorite of DD & her friends.

If you want to go a different way, what about a cheese fondue?

Good luck! DD20 just sprung plans on me tonight too. We are now hosting her & her BF. Darn kids and their last minute plans! :laughing:

I think the cheese fondu would be super fun! If however you are not quite up to that, easy and simple is good too. Remember they are just starting at your house so it does not need to be toooo much. Shrimp is often on sale this time of year, maybe shrimp cocktails? Fruit is always good and it can be arranged to look really cool. Raw veggie tray? rotel or similar dip with chip. Flat breads are easy and fun and popular.

I thought of something I made recently that I will probably make tomorrow. I really hate things named crack but if you look up Cheesy Garlic crack bread on Pinterest, that is fancier looking side that would go well with certain apps. I made it for a work function and it is pretty easy. Criss cross cut the bread - baguettes from Target worked great. Melt butter & mix with garlic bread seasoning. It takes a little time but you pour the mixture with a spoon into the cracks. Then stuff cheese in the cracks too & bake.

The baguettes come in sets of 2 so I made one with garlic and one just butter & cheese for those who don't like garlic. It looks fancier than it is to make!

Thin sliced proscuitto wrapped around canteloupe (or honeydew) - easy, delicious, fancy for New Year's, and about 10 seconds to put together...

Really, any antipasto tray would work great as an app - lots of options for kids to try different things and lots of option for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free, etc, etc...

I recently threw together caprese skewers (mozz balls, small grape tomatoes and a little basil, drizzle with balsamic right when people are going to eat). Easy and yum! Also love prosciutto wrapped melon - but I found that more time consuming - haven't mastered the melon baller yet...

What about a square pizza cut into small pieces? Easy and kids like it. Our local grocery store sells ready-to-bake rectangular pizzas (about the size of a cookie sheet).

TP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter