• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Professional Disneyland Photos with Annual Pass

mershell

Mouseketeer
I was at DL yesterday and a professional photog took my picture. He took my AP and scanned it, said it would be linked to my card.

I forgot to go to the camera center to check on my photo. Is there anyway I can pull the photo up online or do I need to go back to the camera center? If so, how long will they have my photo on file there?

Are you asking simply because you want to see your photo? Him scanning it was the final step you need to complete. Next time you use your AP, the picture will pop up on the screen.

It's wasn't a photo taken for my AP, it was one of the fun photos in front of the giant pumpkin. Rather than asking for that photo card you usually use, he saw I was a passholder and said he could put the photo on my AP and that I could use that to purchase it, but when I got home I realized that the account I have for those photos is through that photopass card and I don't see where I can pulll up the photo he took for purchase through my AP.

It's wasn't a photo taken for my AP, it was one of the fun photos in front of the giant pumpkin. Rather than asking for that photo card you usually use, he saw I was a passholder and said he could put the photo on my AP and that I could use that to purchase it, but when I got home I realized that the account I have for those photos is through that photopass card and I don't see where I can pulll up the photo he took for purchase through my AP.

Follow SMDs post then. Create an account and add he Photopass number on the back of your AP.

Oh wow. If it had been a snake, it would've bit me! I've had this pass for three years and never knew there was a photopass code on the back! :rotfl: Thanks so much, everyone!!!

:banana:

How does that work exactly? Traditional FP pictures are only in your account for 30 days, right? Would these work the same or do they stay longer? Or I guess what I'm asking is does the FP system recognize this as a code that can be repeated. Trying to figure out the process if we put pictures on our AP in Nov this year and again in Oct. next year. We'll likely order FP+ so probably a moot point, but maybe not.

It is still 30 days, just like a standalone PhotoPass card. You can reuse the regular cards too. It's 30 days from when the picture was taken, so if you use a regular card 15 days apart, the first batch will expire at 30 days and the second batch at 45 days (30 days from when they were taken.) The AP PhotoPass works the same way, it's a rolling 30 days from when the pics were taken.

It is still 30 days, just like a standalone PhotoPass card. You can reuse the regular cards too. It's 30 days from when the picture was taken, so if you use a regular card 15 days apart, the first batch will expire at 30 days and the second batch at 45 days (30 days from when they were taken.) The AP PhotoPass works the same way, it's a rolling 30 days from when the pics were taken.

Great, thanks! Obviously I've never reused a photopass card!

The only bad thing about using your AP for pictures is that they'll expire quicker than this little trick explained below.

If you get a regular Photopass card each time you visit, you have 30 days to upload the pictures to the account (by registering the Photopass card), then 30 days after that to redeem the pictures, aka 60 days. Using an AP will immediately upload the pictures, effectively giving you only 30 days flat. Depending on how many times you go back to Disneyland that month, it may be more effective to use new Photopass cards. It's a little difficult to explain, but bear with me.

Ex: New photopass card (#1) used at the parks August 1-3, card #1 not uploaded yet
New photopass card (#2) used at the parks August 29-30, cards #1 and #2 uploaded on August 30
All photos on card #1 and #2 expire on Sept 30 or so

vs.

Ex: Annual passholder card used for pictures on August 1-3, pics immediately uploaded
Annual passholder card used for pictures on August 29-30, pics immediately uploaded
Pictures taken August 1-3 expire September 1
Pictures taken August 29-30 expire September 29

By uploading pictures from multiple trips using new photopass cards, you can save on purchasing multiple photopass CDs. Sorry for the long explanation, but hope this helps!

Ok actually I understood the first bit very well, but then after that it's like who's on first?

:faint:

;)

No......really.

Thank you mysteriouspnai - that's sort of how I thought it would work - and for individual photos it probably doesn't matter, but if one was hoping to order a CD I could see how it could cause some problems if there were multiple trips in a short time period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter