Princess Weekend 2024!

As SheHulk wrote, enjoy it. 🥰 There's nothing quite like that feeling of that first time running up Main Street and then running through the castle.
Yes yes yes to this!!! @nancipants you're gonna be so amazing!! I hope you enjoy every single step getting there.

I think every "first" race distance is incredibly meaningful--whether you are doing the 5k or a full marathon. The journey getting there is pretty darn special. I feel like you never forget each experience (good or bad, lol).

Anybody want to present their costumes?

I would but mine are pretty simple. I'm dressing as Wanda for the 10k and as Merida for the Half, both with Crowned Athletics
Ohhhh I bet you will look great @azrivest !

I haven't finished mine yet (there just aren't enough hours in the day, I swear it!) but DH and I are both running the half as cinderellas. 🤣 👑 DH is such a good sport and goes along with all my shenanigans. This is what I have been working on at home (I like to sew in the very little time I have...).

Last year, for the 5k, we were Jasmine and Jas-MAN. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 30

Thanks @SheHulk @azrivest @prncssjas!!! I’ve watched a ton of race videos and get misty eyed every time they run down Main Street, so I’m sure I’ll be crying. Even more special is I’m running the race with a friend of mine I’ve never actually met in person before. We bonded over becoming moms around the same time so it’s going to be so fun to run with her. We’re gonna stop for as many characters as we can!

We don’t have proper costumes but we just decided on a Star Wars “royalty” theme, since that’s how we met. She’s going to be A New Hope Leia (white shirt and shorts) and I’m Return of the Jedi Luke (black shirt and shorts). (Leia is an adopted Princess, and they’re both biological children of a former Queen, so it counts! Haha) Since I roped her into this, we’re going to do a picture with me holding my hand out and saying “I’m Luke Skywalker, I’m here to run with you!” 🤣

I’ve watched a ton of race videos and get misty eyed every time they run down Main Street, so I’m sure I’ll be crying. Even more special is I’m running the race with a friend of mine I’ve never actually met in person before. We bonded over becoming moms around the same time so it’s going to be so fun to run with her. We’re gonna stop for as many characters as we can!
Awwww this is so wonderful!!! And I feel this your misty eyed reaction ALL DAY LONG. I still remember the first time I ran a RunDisney event--it was the 2016 half marathon and I swear, I ran down main street and when I got to the castle, I just stopped and cried. 🤣 It was so awesome--and it still gets me every single time. I hope you have the BEST race and BEST first half marathon (notice I said first @nancipants? Hopefully you just keep on doing them again and again!). 🫶

Awwww this is so wonderful!!! And I feel this your misty eyed reaction ALL DAY LONG. I still remember the first time I ran a RunDisney event--it was the 2016 half marathon and I swear, I ran down main street and when I got to the castle, I just stopped and cried. 🤣 It was so awesome--and it still gets me every single time. I hope you have the BEST race and BEST first half marathon (notice I said first @nancipants? Hopefully you just keep on doing them again and again!). 🫶
Thank you!!! I’m already planning for the full marathon next year… it’s on my birthday. 🥰

Ohhhh I bet you will look great @azrivest !

I haven't finished mine yet (there just aren't enough hours in the day, I swear it!) but DH and I are both running the half as cinderellas. 🤣 👑 DH is such a good sport and goes along with all my shenanigans. This is what I have been working on at home (I like to sew in the very little time I have...).

Last year, for the 5k, we were Jasmine and Jas-MAN. LOL.
Oh that's beautiful

I would but mine are pretty simple. I'm dressing as Wanda for the 10k and as Merida for the Half, both with Crowned Athletics
I have been all over the place, trying to decide whether to costume at all, how involved I want it to be, whether to recycle an old outfit... so right now I don't have anything. Thankfully I have a mom with a cricut and sewing skills so I can make demands on her up until pretty last minute!

Not running princess but I’m working on my Captain Hook costume for the Gasparilla 8k / Soringtime 5K (same day as princess half so similar time constraints to construct)
. Thankfully I have a mom with a cricut and sewing skills so I can make demands on her up until pretty last minute!
Pretty much the same sans circut I draw a concept sketch and we make it work

Keeping it simple - purple tank and black shorts for the 10K (purple because that's Rapunzel's color), and then I'm leaning into New Orleans with a Mardi Gras theme for the half. I've got another purple shirt and green shorts plus some Mardi Gras beads that I'm going to wrap around my wrist, and the rest is TBD 😂

So here is a link to last year's road closures for the half. Keep in mind, the closures are based on the course that was run last year--this could change. But if the course remains close/same, then you may have some issues--some roads didn't open back up til 8. It's possible the buses may take a different route to get to MK drop off, or if the road re-opening is delayed, may even possibly go to TTC.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1L_e3VwaEZTA8YJjB0rvvjjGxJm4XDk0&ll=28.412079514887292,-81.57765507564204&z=15

Best bet is to check the digital expo guide when it comes out, as it will have the road closure map. They reuse the link for each weekend, but when it is posted (week or 2? in advance) it should be at: (under half marathon event info)

https://www.rundisneyexpo.run/expo
Hey there! The link seems to have been updated but is password protected... can someone post the map?
TIA!

This has been a rough training cycle. I've had a lot of health issues the last couple of years, but particularly in the last few months. It's the first time I'm not at all sure what I'm going to do. I don't know how much I'll have to walk, or if I'll finish the half.
If it's safe for you to complete the distance, I'll bet the environment of the race will help push you along. Hope you have a great time.

I’m wearing the costume I was going to wear for the DL half. I chose not to wear it because I felt it was too cold. I’ll be Sally Slater, tightrope walker from the stretching room.

I’m 99% sure I’m walking the challenge because of a chronic knee injury that I aggravated pretty bad at the DL half. I should be in B for the half, so I hopefully will have a good buffer if I try to get near the front. If anyone has any advice for walking the races, please let me know. I typically don’t stop for pictures due to fear of muscles cooling down, so that should help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter