Princess Weekend 2024!

So... since a 1-day park hopper for race day Sunday is about $250, we are thinking about skipping the parks and maybe upgrading to a moderate like Coronado Springs. But the CS page is giving an alert that roads will be closed from 3A-10A on Sunday? Is anybody staying there Princess Weekend? I have to assume they will have transportation to and from the races right? Sorry if this has already been asked, I haven't read back through the whole thread.

So... since a 1-day park hopper for race day Sunday is about $250, we are thinking about skipping the parks and maybe upgrading to a moderate like Coronado Springs. But the CS page is giving an alert that roads will be closed from 3A-10A on Sunday? Is anybody staying there Princess Weekend? I have to assume they will have transportation to and from the races right? Sorry if this has already been asked, I haven't read back through the whole thread.

So IF the route is the same as last year (no guarantee), THEN the road closure map should be similar. Here is last year's.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...ll=28.373800745535174,-81.55370689364085&z=14

Not all the road's are closed at the same time. You can still get in/out. And yes, there will be transportation to the races.

Has anyone here run a Disney race with back pain? I have been cleared to run by my doctor and PT, but I am trying to prepare for the worst case scenario. It doesn't bother me when I'm running, but standing and sitting for long periods can make it angry. I'm kind of worried about waiting in the corrals. Advice, tips, tricks, or hand holding are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I don't have chronic back pain, but I do find that standing in the corrals for a long time bothers my back a bit. What works for me is to bring a big throwaway towel to sit on, and to sit with my back against the fence/barrier.
Yes, anything to sit on. I'm bringing a mylar poncho to each race I'm doing so I can sit. I do activation exercises anyway to get ready for the race, and the poncho provides something to keep me dry. Sometimes those humid nights leave moisture on the asphalt. If you can find a fence or a light pole with those big concrete bases, putting your legs up on it while you're on your back may help alleviate back pain too.

I don't have chronic back pain, but I do find that standing in the corrals for a long time bothers my back a bit. What works for me is to bring a big throwaway towel to sit on, and to sit with my back against the fence/barrier.
We bring a big pillow to sit on while we wait.

I kicked off my training yesterday with a two-mile shakeout run in my treadmill. My neighborhood is still thawing out after Monday’s snow storm. I felt good, and then tired in the evening. I tested for COVID after seeing Disney runners returning home with that little souvenir and thankfully it was clearly negative. Guess I’m just still tired after hitting the parks hard at Disneyland.

Parallel to SheHulk's question... I'm doing a mostly resort-only stay for Princess but I'd like to go to 1 park either on the Sunday afternoon or on the Monday morning before my 6pm Monday flight.

Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe Animal Kingdom on Monday morning since I never went there for medal pics during Marathon Weekend. It could be a different place to celebrate with my medals and I could try to go to Nomad Lounge when it opens. Or Magic Kingdom after the half on Sunday evening? WWYD?

Parallel to SheHulk's question... I'm doing a mostly resort-only stay for Princess but I'd like to go to 1 park either on the Sunday afternoon or on the Monday morning before my 6pm Monday flight.

Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe Animal Kingdom on Monday morning since I never went there for medal pics during Marathon Weekend. It could be a different place to celebrate with my medals and I could try to go to Nomad Lounge when it opens. Or Magic Kingdom after the half on Sunday evening? WWYD?
BTW I decided to stick with Pop, the uncertainty of morning buses and QS foods that are race-friendly made me hesitate to switch. See you around the Hippy-Dippy Pool!

Thought I would post a reminder in here since i just got my preoders in. If y'all want to do them probably now is a good time because there probably close them in the next week or so.

Thought I would post a reminder in here since i just got my preoders in. If y'all want to do them probably now is a good time because there probably close them in the next week or so.
I wish they would do a preorder for ears, as someone who can't make the expo Thursday it's hard to see so many things for sale on fb immediately and others saying they weren't able to get what they wanted. (my wine & dine experience)

Hoping they hold back some stock as I plan to be there bright an early on Friday morning!

I vote Animal Kingdom since in my experience the animals are really up and at 'em in the morning and I think it's an underrated park with lots of good places to take medal photos!

Anyone wanna grab dinner Friday night? I'll be flying solo so I'd love to carbo load with someone lol. If not it's takumi-tei table for 1 😂

I wish they would do a preorder for ears, as someone who can't make the expo Thursday it's hard to see so many things for sale on fb immediately and others saying they weren't able to get what they wanted. (my wine & dine experience)

Hoping they hold back some stock as I plan to be there bright an early on Friday morning!

I vote Animal Kingdom since in my experience the animals are really up and at 'em in the morning and I think it's an underrated park with lots of good paces to take medal photos!

Anyone wanna grab dinner Friday night? I'll be flying solo so I'd love to carbo load with someone lol. If not it's takumi-tei table for 1 😂
No guarantees if I’ll remember because the expo is a chaotic mess but if I can I’ll see if I can’t grab you some ears.

I’m actually doing Saanas at 5:25 on Friday and have space in the reservation (it’s a lot easier to get two party reservations than 1) if you’re interested in that we could plan to meet up at AKL.

No guarantees if I’ll remember because the expo is a chaotic mess but if I can I’ll see if I can’t grab you some ears.
No stress - I'm sure there will always be another pair, or I'll cave and pay a reseller. 🙈

I’m actually doing Saanas at 5:25 on Friday
That would be great! It's somewhere my husband wouldn't normally eat either so I'm excited to try it!

I make reservations for 2/4 a lot as well when it's only me or we have a group of 3! One of the best 'tips' I've learned from the DISboards.

My instagram handle is the same as my name here if you want to connect / I'll check in closer to race weekend too:-)

The countdown is really on for princess weekend! I am starting to get excited (and worrying that I might be forgetting something, lol).

Anyone else spending the week after princess weekend at the parks on their DVC points and going to Moonlight Magic at AK on 2/27? If so, I hope to see you there-this will be our first MM event! 💜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter