Princess Dresses at CRT

TwinMommy08

Earning My Ears
I am taking my 4 year old twin daughters to breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table this month. Will they feel left out if they are not wearing princess dresses? I'm planning on staying in the park for the rest of the afternoon and my umbrella strollers don't have baskets, so I really don't know what I would do with the dresses after the breakfast (since it will be too hot to wear them!)

I was thinking they could just wear their princess T-shirts, but I know its not really the same. Thoughts?...

I am taking my 4 year old twin daughters to breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table this month. Will they feel left out if they are not wearing princess dresses? I'm planning on staying in the park for the rest of the afternoon and my umbrella strollers don't have baskets, so I really don't know what I would do with the dresses after the breakfast (since it will be too hot to wear them!)

I was thinking they could just wear their princess T-shirts, but I know its not really the same. Thoughts?...

My girls were never interested in wearing princess dresses the few times that we went there. They were certainly not the only girls not in princess dresses. They were perfectly happy with princess shirts and shorts. Now I do a lot of sewing so I recently made my niece a cinderella dress from a sundress pattern. It was princessy but made of cotton material so she would wear it the rest of the day and be cool and comfortable. If you do any sewing at all, they aren't hard to make.

My dd never has worn a princess dress nor even a princess shirt to CRT. Many other girls weren't wearing princess attire either.

My dd isn't wearing a costume to CRT. I made her a pillowcase dress out of Little Mermaid material (turned out really cute). It hits her right around the knee, its cotton, and it ties at the shoulders/is sleeveless, so it will be very cool and comfortable. I know that my dd wouldn't last 2 minutes in a costume once we hit the parks.

No it at all. Sometimes my daughters wear their costumes and other times they just wear regular clothes, not even Disney themed clothes. It's never posed a problem. They're just happy to be there!

I would guess less than half of the little girls were dressed there when we went. I like the idea of a comfortable cotton dress in princess print with her regular park shoes or just a princess t-shirt. If the girls REALLY want to wear the dresses you can always rent a locker and stash them there if you are willing to do that.

We've done CRT twice and we've had our girls in costume both times we went. I've always noticed a lot of kids in costume when we've gone, but we've also done lunch and dinner...so you're getting a number of people just finishing up with BBB wanting to dine with the princesses after their princessification. :lmao:

I usually carry a backpack on days when costumes are involved. i.e. so I can jam the dresses in there and switch the girls into more normal clothes should they have any complaints about their costumes. Surprisingly, DD5 can go hours and hours (in cold and heat) in costume, but DD3 is usually ready for a change after an hour and half.

At CRT my girls don't wear real princess dresses, they wear a realy nice dress which I usually rent a locker to put them in before and after our meal. No way would they wear a costum in the heat. Of all the times I have been there I would say about half have costums or a nice dress and the other half wear shorts. I don' t think they will feeel left out at all.

We never went to CRT. This is more in response to dressing up in hot weather.

My daughter loves to dress up but hates the heat. So we bought her the Disney princess tutu skirts. I bought them online at the Disneystore but I don't know if they still have them. However, they are for sale at Disney world. She has Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel and Belle! I made my own matching tank tops by ironing on Dissigns from the section on these message boards onto kids tank top undershirts.

I really think whether they will feel left out depends more on their personalities. For some children it would not take seeing say over half of the girls dressed up, which is what we saw on our trip. Some children might feel bad the first girl they see dressed up; others may not be bothered at all no matter what.

We did two princess meals on our last trip because we had picked every restaurant we wanted to try and had 2 credits left. For CRT, we had a dinner ADR. My daughter had gone to BBB two hours prior, so she was dressed up, but wore a regular formal gown, not a particular princess costume. It was ankle length. Her appointment wasn’t until 4pm though, dinner at 6:40. We redid our favorite attractions in between her appointment and dinner and after dinner we left the park after a stop at Town Square Theater, so she wasn't in it all day. Plus it was raining and not as hot as it would have been if TS Debby wasn't there.

Next morning we did Akershus for breakfast and for that we went with a Disney Princess pillowcase dress I got on etsy because I figured she’d be spending the day in it. I had a backpack though so changing was always an option.

I really adore the pillowcase dress. My daughter actually has two, the one she wore to Akershus and a Minnie Mouse one she wore to Chef Mickey’s. And pillowcase dresses are really versatile. You can put a turtle neck or other long-sleeved shirt underneath in cooler weather, wear it as a tunic as the child grows. At age 4, your girls could get 3 years of use out of one of these dresses. Here is my dd's dress. And you can't tell from the picture, but each princess' dress has little sparkles on it. She wore it with socks and comfortable tennis shoes.

princesssundress.jpg

My girls just wore nice dresses when we did CRT on our last trip. I really like the pillowcase dresses, I will have to try making one them each one.

I really think whether they will feel left out depends more on their personalities. For some children it would not take seeing say over half of the girls dressed up, which is what we saw on our trip. Some children might feel bad the first girl they see dressed up; others may not be bothered at all no matter what.

We did two princess meals on our last trip because we had picked every restaurant we wanted to try and had 2 credits left. For CRT, we had a dinner ADR. My daughter had gone to BBB two hours prior, so she was dressed up, but wore a regular formal gown, not a particular princess costume. It was ankle length. Her appointment wasn’t until 4pm though, dinner at 6:40. We redid our favorite attractions in between her appointment and dinner and after dinner we left the park after a stop at Town Square Theater, so she wasn't in it all day. Plus it was raining and not as hot as it would have been if TS Debby wasn't there.

Next morning we did Akershus for breakfast and for that we went with a Disney Princess pillowcase dress I got on etsy because I figured she’d be spending the day in it. I had a backpack though so changing was always an option.

I really adore the pillowcase dress. My daughter actually has two, the one she wore to Akershus and a Minnie Mouse one she wore to Chef Mickey’s. And pillowcase dresses are really versatile. You can put a turtle neck or other long-sleeved shirt underneath in cooler weather, wear it as a tunic as the child grows. At age 4, your girls could get 3 years of use out of one of these dresses. Here is my dd's dress. And you can't tell from the picture, but each princess' dress has little sparkles on it. She wore it with socks and comfortable tennis shoes.

princesssundress.jpg

This is an adorable dress & such a different idea! :thumbsup2

That dress is so cute! What a great idea. I was going to bring a Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella dress (we're doing CRT and Happily Ever After Dinner) but they are going to take up a lot of room in the suitcase.

Any good suggestions of where to get a cute dress like this since I don't sew? Or am I not allowed to ask...is that considered spam? Not sure of the exact rules on that here...

That dress is so cute! What a great idea. I was going to bring a Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella dress (we're doing CRT and Happily Ever After Dinner) but they are going to take up a lot of room in the suitcase.

Any good suggestions of where to get a cute dress like this since I don't sew? Or am I not allowed to ask...is that considered spam? Not sure of the exact rules on that here...

I got the dress from a seller on etsy.com. If you search for pillow case dress, it is likely to come up. I got her Minnie Mouse one from a seller on ebay because it was the least expensive, plus the lady put her name on it.

064.jpg

Be warned, etsy is addictive.

My DD wore a princess dress when we went, but we changed her clothes later on, actually, since we were on her Make A Wish trip, we were lucky enough to be a part of the big give that some of the disers do here. Both of my kids changed clothes 4 times that first at the Magic Kingdom. We just kept their clothing changes in the stroller.

What about just doing princess crowns, clip-on earrings, and necklace? Something like this (minus shoes). Easy to store and they will still get some of the glamour. :) My daughter wears the crown around the parks just because she loves that the cast members call her princess more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter