• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess costume for formal night?

PrincessSophiasMom

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about letting my DD (5) wear her Princess costume for formal night on our 7 night cruise. It will be brand new from the Disney Store so I think it will be OK. My Mom thinks we need to put her in a more formal dress for dinner that night. Thoughts? Would you let your 5 year old dress like a Princess for formal night?

I have seen it done many times before and the kids always look adorable. I think its a great idea.

Thanks!!! I even got her the nice matching shoes (not plastic shoes lol) and the matching crown. I think she will just absolutely love it!!! Thinking of getting me a semi formal dress in the same color and DH a tie to match her dress...since she is the princess and all lol.

Def won't be the only one. Princess outfit on formal night is pretty standard for 7 and under crown. My daughter wore her rapunzel dress!

Completely acceptable! She will love it and there will be many little ones doing the same thing. BTW, my girls may be princesses, but the Hubby and I are King and Queen.

Glad you posted this question as I was just going to go ahead and let my at time of cruise DD5 to wear her princess dress with matching crown and shoes from the Disney Store. Now I see it wont be noticed as not formal enough and she wont definitely be the only one wearing a princess dress.

Oh yes, absolutely! Formal Night is the best time to wear a princess dress, in my opinion. Esp. w/ dress-up shoes and a crown, it sounds perfect. (Even I will be wearing a tiara from Clare's on formal night- there are so few places/times these days one can wear a tiara unless you're the Queen, lol!).

We sail in a few weeks and I have princess dresses packed for pretty much every night of our cruise :)

I am thinking about letting my DD (5) wear her Princess costume for formal night on our 7 night cruise. It will be brand new from the Disney Store so I think it will be OK. My Mom thinks we need to put her in a more formal dress for dinner that night. Thoughts? Would you let your 5 year old dress like a Princess for formal night?

Def won't be the only one. Princess outfit on formal night is pretty standard for 7 and under crown. My daughter wore her rapunzel dress!

You'll see princesses on most nights, formal or not.

We have the best pictures of DH in his tux and DD in her floor length ( I bought one that was too big and did alterations) Belle gown. Her hair was in a fancy updo, she had the wand, a "real" crown and fancy shoes. Its perfection.

Yes, lots of princesses. My youngest was in full Elsa regalia princess:

Like shmoo said, lots of princesses on any given night. DD's dress-up clothes took up a quarter of our packing.

Don't forget to get some photos taken right before dinner when everyone is all dressed up. On our 4 night Dream cruise, each time my DDs dressed as a princess, the CMs at the entrance to dinner would announce "Princesses in the house!" One CM even went so far as to continually "wipe" the floor in front of my girls as they were walking to our table. They sure got a kick out of that.

I think it's the best night for a princess dress. We let my daughter do that when we cruised in 2012. She had a blast and we got some great pics!

Definitely! This was the first time I put my OCD aside and just let my daughter be a Princess. We were on the Fantasy in May of this year, my 5-year old wore her Elsa dress, tiara, and shoes for Dinner. She was in such a great mood. all of the staff greeted her as "Princess" that night, she refused to take the dress off to go to the Oceaneers club after.

If you want Formal pictures taken near the Atrium make sure you're there early. We didn't realize how early ppl lined up before the 1st seating.

It is VERY common to see little girls (and some boys) dressed in costume for formal night and other nights!!! A princess dress or prince costume will not be out of place at all. Go and have fun. They all look so dang cute!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter