Princess Aurora--what color?

jcemom

Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I'm planning to make a Princess Aurora dress for my DD to wear at WDW. I always thought Aurora wore pink...but all the pics I see of her at the breakfasts show her wearing blue?!?

What color should I make the dress? She's getting an Aurora doll for Christmas -- who has a pink dress on.

But, if she meets and has her pic taken with Aurora at Disney...will THAT Aurora be wearing blue?

Should I make the dress pink or blue? What would you do?

Just checked my pictures from previous trip. All the pictures I have of Aurora, both at the breakfast and others, are in a blue dress.

However, if you get the dress from Disney, it would be pink. Go figure - LOL. I think either color would be fine. Will your dd really care? After all, she's meeting a princess!

Aurora wore blue at CRTs this June. Go for blue to match.:D

DD won't care (or even notice for that matter) she'll only be 1 1/2 -- LOL! (I guess this is for me -- I've waited a long time for my girl and plan to be girly at every opportunity! LOL)

I've asked opinions of a few family members (all of whom think I'm off my rocker, by the way). I'm not asking any more of them because they just don't "get it." DH thinks I should go blue to match the Disney Aurora -- sis thinks I should go pink because it's the "right" color!?!

I would also do the blue to match Aurora at Disney! It is funny how she appears in blue at the World, but Disney Store sells the pink dress and on most dolls and art I've seen her in she is wearing pink!

Have fun sewing your little girl's dress!

My DD asked Aurora at the Princess Storybook Breakfast last year why she wasn't wearing her pink dress. She explained without missing a beat that those silly fairies keep changing her dress color from pink to blue!

hmmm....maybe Disney sells Aurora items in pink because Cindy's already in blue--just a thought :)

WiscMomof2--that was pretty clever of her; thanks for sharing that. I hope we get a chance to see her--my darling little one doesn't really care about Princesses, but Aurora's my fave :)

The Aurora picture I cut out for my daughter's autograph book has her in pink--I think I like the pink better myself but of course it's really up to you!

What color is your little princess' favorite pick?

Aurora is my favorite, too! I think the pink is prettier, but also think it would be so cute to have her match for a photo--which would be the blue. (I'm hoping to get the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot.) :confused:

I need to decide soon, but just can't make up my mind! Should she match her dolly? Or should she match Disney's Aurora? Uggghhh!! I'm making this WAY to difficult! LOL

DH keeps saying "Just pick a color, she's a baby, she won't care either way!" (Of course, the pictures will be around forever. LOL)

I have plenty of time, but it seems to fly by...and I want to take my time, as it looks like a difficult one to sew.

well, that is how the movie ends.... she is dancing with Prince Phillip and the fairies are changing her dress color back and forth while she is dancing :D

I like pink, but what color would your daughter look good in?

I remember seeing a sparkly fabric that was a mix of pink and blue, but I don't remember where. Maybe keep an eye for that. That way you can make the base of the dress in either color and do the skirts in the sparkly one. (I wish I could remember where I saw it!)

Can we see pics when it's finished? :)

From Disney online:

DSAuroraCost_P.jpg

But I think I've seen her in blue.:confused:

Originally posted by bagheeramom
well, that is how the movie ends.... she is dancing with Prince Phillip and the fairies are changing her dress color back and forth while she is dancing :D

Can't believe I forgot that! :eek: It's been a long time since I've seen it...thanks, at least the color difference makes some sense now.

eeyore74 -- I'll take a look for something like the fabric you mentioned. I'll try to post some pics if I can figure out how! LOL :rolleyes:

My DD was told by Aurora at the breakfast a few years ago, that she has to alternate her dresses to keep the fairies happy! The day we saw her, she was wearing Blue. I don't know if she really has a pink dress, but she told us that she switches dresses. My daughter was wearing a t-shirt that had lots of the princesses on it. This worked great because each princess talked to her about their picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter