Prices for November are outrageous!

That is interesting about next year. I was thinking of booking for next year. But If prices are the same
than why bother. Sometimes I don't mind staying off site but not for this time in December. That is
the time i splurge but these prices are a SPLURGE:oops:

I'm hoping when more staff comes back the last hotels may open....loosening the grip.

Yea I want to splurge next year and it’s just myself and my daughter but geesh!

I don’t see Disney ever lowering these prices. They’ll just offer good deals when they can’t fill rooms.

I’m hoping the pent up travel demand and revenge travel has died down a bit by next fall/winter and maybe I can grab a good deal.

Do we hope and cross our fingers and hold our breath that they'll come out with any room discount starting Oct 1st or is that just laughable??

:rotfl2: and :confused3

Im paying OOP for a 1br @ VGF in November and I'd LOVE to get a discount on that!!

Do we hope and cross our fingers and hold our breath that they'll come out with any room discount starting Oct 1st or is that just laughable??

:rotfl2: and :confused3

Im paying OOP for a 1br @ VGF in November and I'd LOVE to get a discount on that!!

I’d be shocked if there was a discount for Oct. 1st. The late summer discount was pretty slim pickings. I think with the way everything is already booked, Disney doesn’t need to offer discounts.

Nice! I wish we could have gotten that deal.
Yeah, my cousin and daughter haven't booked their room yet and after reading this and looking online again, I warned her that she better get it done now. She might not be staying in the tower near us now.

$500. For food for five nites ? You may want to rethink that. It’s more like 150-200 per day per person lol unless it’s burgers n fries every day with some snacks. Have a great visit you may as well enjoy it all and splurge. It’s Disney after all..

We have never paid $150-$200 per person per day for food. Even with the current prices at Disney, I don’t see us paying that. I’m thinking closer to $100 per day per person, and even that’s a stretch, especially if we are not eating at a table service restaurant that day.

We have never paid $150-$200 per person per day for food. Even with the current prices at Disney, I don’t see us paying that. I’m thinking closer to $100 per day per person, and even that’s a stretch, especially if we are not eating at a table service restaurant that day.
That does sound high unless you're eating at the most expensive restaurants for every meal at WDW.

$500. For food for five nites ? You may want to rethink that. It’s more like 150-200 per day per person lol unless it’s burgers n fries every day with some snacks. Have a great visit you may as well enjoy it all and splurge. It’s Disney after all..
Yeah, you are absolutely correct I was just sort of going with a number. But for the two of us and including drinks at the pool and meals I suspect we'll spend a minimum of $200 a day on food/drinks, so that's another $1000 or so.

That does sound high unless you're eating at the most expensive restaurants for every meal at WDW.
True, but (and I'm just using some random numbers here but thinking someplace like Grand Floridian Cafe or The Wave), let's say we spend $15-25 per person on breakfast, $20-40 on lunch and $30-50 on dinner then we are looking at something like $110-230 a day. We'll largely eat table service meals for each meal (but probably not signature except maybe once or twice) but once you add in a meal, a drink or two and tip it adds up in a hurry.

And as someone else pointed out, it would be less expensive on the dining plan, but if we had the dining plan we wouldn't be eating 3 TS meals a day.

Yeah, I just tried a calculator online and I was $120 per day, but I picked a few pricey places to add in that I might not even do.
Not sure how current this is but here is the link
https://www.distripplanner.com/
That’s cool. Thanks.
Our food budget came out $900 for the 2 of us 6 days. I was figuring $1000. Will be much cheaper this trip without the kid lol. DS19 was not a cheap date.

True, but (and I'm just using some random numbers here but thinking someplace like Grand Floridian Cafe or The Wave), let's say we spend $15-25 per person on breakfast, $20-40 on lunch and $30-50 on dinner then we are looking at something like $110-230 a day. We'll largely eat table service meals for each meal (but probably not signature except maybe once or twice) but once you add in a meal, a drink or two and tip it adds up in a hurry.

And as someone else pointed out, it would be less expensive on the dining plan, but if we had the dining plan we wouldn't be eating 3 TS meals a day.
It's always a little more than you'd think--you're not far off but it is more like the higher end of your ranges.

I find it helpful to actually look at the menus of the places you want to eat and figure out cost. For example, breakfast entrees at the wave range in price from $12-20, with an average of $15, but if you order a non-alcoholic drink (let's say just a basic coffee, which is approx $3) then add tax (6.5%) and tip (20%), you're now looking at a price range of $19-29 per person, with an average of around $23.

Same for lunch/dinner (which typically have the same menu) Dinner at the Wave runs from $18-34, with an average of around $24, this time I'll add an alcoholic drink too since you mentioned a drink or two, which are around $10-15 for most drinks. Now you are at $35-62, with an average of $46. Add dessert or an app, or a second drink, and that goes up a bunch more.

Disney rooms at full price are definitely up there. You're up against peak time = peak prices, no fall discounts released yet, and the lower priced rooms already booked. I do expect some fall discounts, but I think they're going to be really hard to snag.

Gotta love Disney's rack rates, especially around holidays. (Though Disney during the holidays are almost worth the cash....almost)

That’s cool. Thanks.
Our food budget came out $900 for the 2 of us 6 days. I was figuring $1000. Will be much cheaper this trip without the kid lol. DS19 was not a cheap date.

DD15 wasn’t cheap either. She decided she loved filet mignon and that she wanted to try every cheeseboard and decide which one was best. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter