Priceline Express Deals

for those who have booked the Dolphin as a Priceline Express deal, have you had any issues if you have more than 2 people? I was thinking of booking the Dolphin for an October trip for me & a friend. There is a possibility that her (young adult) daughter may join us. I know it could mean 2 people sharing a double bed, but will it be allowed? will they charge for the additional adult in the room? I'm fine with the additional charge, Just want to be sure we won't be told we can't have the 3rd person in the room.

Nevermind - just realized I can specify 3 people even on the express deals. I was thinking of the restrictions with the old name your price option (which I must say I sort of miss, lol)

Has anyone seen where to find reliable Hotwire codes? Or are there any even being offered in the last few months? I've used PL mostly over the past year since they had the better deals so haven't been paying attention.

I have a weekend coming up this summer in NJ and the hotel I want is how showing up on hot rates. I'm finding a ton of codes online, but not a single one works, lol. Most are for new customers or people who haven't used the app before. Or they're telling me it isn't valid and some disclaimer about hotels can choose not to give it? (If I'm reading it right?)

Priceline is the one sending the codes (but minimal like 5% off) every time I do a search logged in but the hotel I want isn't showing up as a blind deal.

Has anyone seen where to find reliable Hotwire codes? Or are there any even being offered in the last few months? I've used PL mostly over the past year since they had the better deals so haven't been paying attention.

I have a weekend coming up this summer in NJ and the hotel I want is how showing up on hot rates. I'm finding a ton of codes online, but not a single one works, lol. Most are for new customers or people who haven't used the app before. Or they're telling me it isn't valid and some disclaimer about hotels can choose not to give it? (If I'm reading it right?)

Priceline is the one sending the codes (but minimal like 5% off) every time I do a search logged in but the hotel I want isn't showing up as a blind deal.
When I look I almost always find ones that work on Retailmenot - usually they are for HotDeals only and you have to use the app to book.
https://www.retailmenot.com/view/hotwire.com

Another way to get more off if you have an Android phone and have Samsung Pay set up on your phone, when you open the Hotwire app Pay will usually pop up with a message you can get 4% cash back. If you click through that to get to the HW app and then book it should you should get the cash back in Pay.

When I look I almost always find ones that work on Retailmenot - usually they are for HotDeals only and you have to use the app to book.
https://www.retailmenot.com/view/hotwire.com

Another way to get more off if you have an Android phone and have Samsung Pay set up on your phone, when you open the Hotwire app Pay will usually pop up with a message you can get 4% cash back. If you click through that to get to the HW app and then book it should you should get the cash back in Pay.
Thanks so much for the tips!
Retailmenot didn't work for me, but DH just downloaded Hotwire, I wonder if he'll have better luck since he's new to the app?

I've never looked into Samsung Pay before, thanks!

Thanks so much for the tips!
Retailmenot didn't work for me, but DH just downloaded Hotwire, I wonder if he'll have better luck since he's new to the app?

I've never looked into Samsung Pay before, thanks!
Could be there's just no good coupons now, but I'd keep checking, new ones pop up.

Remember, there's no rule you can't create a new Hotwire login for every trip to see if you get any better deals sent to you. ;)

Another good tip for this kind of thing: Say you know a company will send you a good coupon when you first sign up for a newsletter.
But, who wants to manage a whole bunch of different email addresses and logins when you do that?
With an Google email, you can use the + sign after your email address to create "new" accounts on the fly and messages will still go to your original address.

e.g. If my email address is:
john@ gmail.com

I can use things like:
john+Hotwire @ gmail.com and
john+HW22 @gmail.com
john+idonttrustyoursiteenoughtousemyregularemailaddress @gmail.com

and I'll still get it at my plain old john email.
I do this for all of my logins so each has a different email (kept in my password database) - if one site gets hacked, I can just change the specific email address on that one account.
Then I can create a filter to delete any messages to the old address in the future so I don't have to deal with the inevitable spam that will come.

That way my original "john@" email isn't out there on every site and I get much less spam to it.

Could be there's just no good coupons now, but I'd keep checking, new ones pop up.

Remember, there's no rule you can't create a new Hotwire login for every trip to see if you get any better deals sent to you. ;)

Another good tip for this kind of thing: Say you know a company will send you a good coupon when you first sign up for a newsletter.
But, who wants to manage a whole bunch of different email addresses and logins when you do that?
With an Google email, you can use the + sign after your email address to create "new" accounts on the fly and messages will still go to your original address.

e.g. If my email address is:
john@ gmail.com

I can use things like:
john+Hotwire @ gmail.com and
john+HW22 @gmail.com
john+idonttrustyoursiteenoughtousemyregularemailaddress @gmail.com

and I'll still get it at my plain old john email.
I do this for all of my logins so each has a different email (kept in my password database) - if one site gets hacked, I can just change the specific email address on that one account.
Then I can create a filter to delete any messages to the old address in the future so I don't have to deal with the inevitable spam that will come.

That way my original "john@" email isn't out there on every site and I get much less spam to it.
Ah, but wouldn't anyone who knew how that worked realize that if you say your email is john+Hotwire@gmail.com, then that means you also have an address john@gmail.com. And couldn't they then send you spam, etc. at john@gmail.com.

Ah, but wouldn't anyone who knew how that worked realize that if you say your email is john+Hotwire@gmail.com, then that means you also have an address john@gmail.com. And couldn't they then send you spam, etc. at john@gmail.com.
Sure - but spammers don't work that way. People sending spam automate everything - when they buy or get a list of email, they just use what's in it.

Seems like this must be the Swan Reserve? I already have a ressie for POFQ for the same price. This seems tempting since we just plan to go to Epcot prior to our Universal trip

573B7915-048C-43B6-9862-5B14295DAD6E.jpeg

So worried that i’ll get a Bonnet Creek hotel and will have to deal with their shuttle busses. Lol

I booked it and it was the Swan Reserve. It’s just one night so I figured I’d roll the dice.

So we’re staying Saturday night and we’ll do Epcot on Sunday. Is that still counted as being an on property guest for early entry? I didn’t know if it mattered being your checkout day.

Last edited:
So worried that i’ll get a Bonnet Creek hotel and will have to deal with their shuttle busses. Lol

I booked it and it was the Swan Reserve. It’s just one night so I figured I’d roll the dice.

So we’re staying Saturday night and we’ll do Epcot on Sunday. Is that still counted as being an on property guest for early entry? I didn’t know if it mattered being your checkout day.
My understanding is you're considered an on-site guest on the check-in and check-out day. Have fun!!

just booked the Swan for 12/16-12/18 with an express deal on Priceline

$278 a night - $625 with taxes pre resort fee

The rate would have been $375 going through Bonvoy, and that was nonrefundable also so why not use Priceline. Can't believe how much I've used Priceline this year. :thumbsup2

I did it through Retailmenot so I got an extra $38 off using a code I found there. Considering it's right before Christmas and walkable to two parks, I'm happy. I also knew it would be the Swan because it said I've stayed there before and had a room picture which you could see the Dolphin hotel in the background. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Has anyone tried stacking Retailmenot (RMN) with Ibotta at Priceline?

It can be done at PetSmart and others so it should work.
Here's Cashback Monitor specifically for Priceline.
It didn't work well for me since Ibotta opens the mobile web version of priceline and many of the deals are app only. For us it was quoting a higher nightly price for the hotel and not making it worth the % back.

It didn't work well for me since Ibotta opens the mobile web version of priceline and many of the deals are app only. For us it was quoting a higher nightly price for the hotel and not making it worth the % back.
You're using the mobile web version which may be the issue.
@happiestpoe used the browser extension., this is from the original Post #8595:
You should be able to stack with Ibotta if you have the browser extension. Install it, then navigate to RMN, and click through to PetSmart from RMN. When you're adding things to your cart, then 'activate' the Ibotta extension. (That's what I do to double up with Rakuten/RMN and Ibotta).

Hi. I am planning a quick trip at the end of September and was hoping to book a stay at either the Swan or Dophin resort. All I can find right now in the Express Deals is what appears to be the Dolphin for $191 a night. Do you think that is a good deal for that time of year or should I wait a while longer before I commit? Appreciate any help.

Hi. I am planning a quick trip at the end of September and was hoping to book a stay at either the Swan or Dophin resort. All I can find right now in the Express Deals is what appears to be the Dolphin for $191 a night. Do you think that is a good deal for that time of year or should I wait a while longer before I commit? Appreciate any help.
Obviously everything is subjective, so if you’re the type of person that likes to have plans set in stone, that’s a decent deal so go for it. I’m the type of person who moves their hotel the day before arrival, so I’d wait it out personally.
It would also depend on if you’re married to only staying at those resorts or not.

What is the total price with all the Priceline fees, and how does it compare to a direct booking on the same dates? We got a senior citizen discount booking direct ages ago. Several nights are now sold out. The last night is cheaper than when we booked. Hard to predict Which way things will go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter