• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Preregistering...

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
This will be our third year in a row going to WDW in the Spring. Last 2 trips we did the pre-registration to skip the front desk, and it did not require me to give my credit card info. However, this time it wants it. Any idea when this change took place and why!? I'm weird and just prefer not to have a credit card hooked up to my MagicBand.

Also...it is saying we set up our pin (which we probably did) but we don't remember for sure what it is. Just want to verify...the only way to change it is when we arrive at the front desk, right? So maybe there isn't even a point to preregistering....!? Since we will have to get that sorted out anyway? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

The change happened inside the last year.

If you don't remember the pin it doesn't matter that you have a cc. If you don't have a cc on the room account then you can't charge to the room. And the only point to the pin is to charge. So if you want to do online checkin but don't want to charge, you don't need to worry about the pin!

You can add a card to your profile for purchases during your trip and modify the pin on the my disney experience site.
My last trip i got the note saying that i would have to stop by the front desk to set up my card as well. I think it had to do with putting a new card on file. I called and spoke to a castmember about that and she was able to fix it.
If you don't set up a card and can't remember the pin, it will require some attention when you get there.
The pin is really easy to change if you are logged in.

The change happened inside the last year.

If you don't remember the pin it doesn't matter that you have a cc. If you don't have a cc on the room account then you can't charge to the room. And the only point to the pin is to charge. So if you want to do online checkin but don't want to charge, you don't need to worry about the pin!

We have the dining plan so that's the only reason I worry about the pin. From what I remember, we used it whenever we used any of our meal/snack credits.

If I put the card on and just never use it, it really shouldn't matter....right!? Someone tell me I'm just being weird and paranoid!! Lol

You can add a card to your profile for purchases during your trip and modify the pin on the my disney experience site.
My last trip i got the note saying that i would have to stop by the front desk to set up my card as well. I think it had to do with putting a new card on file. I called and spoke to a castmember about that and she was able to fix it.
If you don't set up a card and can't remember the pin, it will require some attention when you get there.
The pin is really easy to change if you are logged in.

So you are saying I can change the pin online if I'm in MDE? Any idea where in MDE I should go to do this?

So you are saying I can change the pin online if I'm in MDE? Any idea where in MDE I should go to do this?

My Profile > Payment Methods. It's at the bottom of the list underneath of any payment information you might have on file.

We have the dining plan so that's the only reason I worry about the pin. From what I remember, we used it whenever we used any of our meal/snack credits.

If I put the card on and just never use it, it really shouldn't matter....right!? Someone tell me I'm just being weird and paranoid!! Lol
Your not being weird. I feel the same way. I fear they will accidentally charge my card instead of using my DDP credits. However, before the MB when we went and used the room key to pay for our ddp credits which I believe our credit card was stored on our account back then as well and had no issues. I guess we're just cautious and don't want any issues to deal with.:o

They need CC now because it is also for accidentals and such. You can remove chsrging privileges but the hotel still needs a CC just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter