Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

Any idea on if they’ll open ADRs for tonight? We had Sci Fi lunch today but it’s cancelled since the park don’t be open.

My park reservation is for DHS so I contacted Disney chat hoping they’d let me move my reservation to AK and was told no. I really don’t feel like going to the park and hoping they let me in so I cancelled SDD and made TOT for 430 instead. DD isn’t the biggest SDD fan. It’s a cute ride but not something she needs to do multiple times a trip. (We did it Saturday). ToT is her favorite ride (well before she rode rise and guardians). We love AK at night and wanted one more quick evening there but what can you do.

you can’t park hop to AK?

I was at Epcot as well yesterday and the day before. My Keens, rain jacket and baseball hat made it better getting through the day. I booked an ILL for Guardians at 9:45 and bought Genie+. Booked Soarin for 9:00. I mainly got Genie+ because I was going to park hop.

The night before I had a LL for Test Track at 7:45. It was down at that time so I got a redemption pass that was also good through yesterday.

Once they announced the early closures I decided I was having a good time at Epcot and stayed. Guardians was amazing (got I Ran), rode Test Track in single rider line, used redemption pass on Remy's, did LL for Soarin, Living with the Land, Nemo, and Figment. Somehow enjoyed eating festival food in the rain 🤣

It was an interesting experience riding the Skyliner back to Riviera in the rain and minor wind, but I didn't mind.

I'm supposed to move from Riv to Saratoga Springs tonight and check out tomorrow. My flight home on Friday was cancelled, and I rescheduled to Sat. I went to the front desk at Riv yesterday to ask if there's any way I could stay. They said too check in the morning. Went back at 7am and she checked with the back office. They said to check back around 9-9:30 and they should know if they have any availability.

Went up to topolinos and got on the waitlist. There are no characters and it's half price. Nice! Breakfast was delicious and I'm typing as I'm finishing up.

Hopefully I can stay here til Sat, but I'm flexible. It's possible I could stay at Saratoga til Sat and brave the weather to get over there. I'll take anything - I'm homeless tomorrow night 🤣

In my prepared fashion i am struggling on footwear for today…. I’ll probably do my sneakers, but my DD wants to wear rain boots, brings crocs and sneakers, I mean im willing to carry some stuff but this seems insane. So wish me luck on that!

Other wise Im looking forward to a great hopefully not overly wet day!
Lockers? Big Backpack?

I'd wear whatever water friendly footwear you have. Croc, water shoe, rain boot...i think some of the trevs and keen style sandals do ok in h20

So it's a no go on extending at Riv. I'm packing up now to move to Saratoga Springs. I'll talk to their desk when I get there to see if I can extend til Sat. While I'm packing up I'm on hold on cell with Parks and Resorts to see if I can get Saratoga front desk to call me back and on hold on room phone with member services to see if they can help. Probably not but doesn't hurt to ask.

So it's a no go on extending at Riv. I'm packing up now to move to Saratoga Springs. I'll talk to their desk when I get there to see if I can extend til Sat. While I'm packing up I'm on hold on cell with Parks and Resorts to see if I can get Saratoga front desk to call me back and on hold on room phone with member services to see if they can help. Probably not but doesn't hurt to ask.
You might try the regular Disney reservations line. The night we checked in we tried to add a day and we’re told by the front desk that absolutely nothing available even for next Wed. I called reservations in the morning and it was no problem at all to add it so I guess experiences can vary…

You might try the regular Disney reservations line. The night we checked in we tried to add a day and we’re told by the front desk that absolutely nothing available even for next Wed. I called reservations in the morning and it was no problem at all to add it so I guess experiences can vary…

Strangely enough, as I was on hold with DVC member services I decided to check online. There was a preferred studio avail Fri at Saratoga which matches my current reservation. I booked it and the cast member confirmed everything went through. I'm all set Thurs - Sat & hopefully I'll be able to stay in the same room.

There was also a studio at Old Key West and a preferred studio here at Riv. I'm going to stick with SS.

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s possible to add days to this used and affected ticket (say, from a four-day to a ten-day), thereby keeping it valid and using it for a trip before 9/20/23.
I was happy to see this update as well. I have Epcot reservation for today and Guardians virtual queue, but after 8 hours in the wind and rain yesterday I think we will skip the parks today. I have a 6-day park hopper now and have used 4 days. Park reservation for AK tomorrow and we leave on Saturday for Hilton Head.
I have the member cruise booked for September 2023 and was probably not going to pay for a 1-2 day park pass before/after the cruise. Hopefully this solves that problem! The 6th day didn't cost much more than the 5 day, so having a 1-day PH ticket available in MDE will actually save me some money!

Went up to topolinos and got on the waitlist. There are no characters and it's half price. Nice! Breakfast was delicious and I'm typing as I'm finishing up.
We did the same thing. went up at 7:30a, when they opened and joined the wait list. Were seated in 5 minutes. The best breakfast we have had all week (Grand Floridian Cafe, Steakhouse 71 and Whispering Canyon Cafe).

Price was $25 per adult vs. $45 regular. No characters and no re-orders but could get an entree and an extra side of bacon, sausage, ham or potatoes. Also alcoholic beverages limited to mimosas and bloody marys.

Any idea on if they’ll open ADRs for tonight? We had Sci Fi lunch today but it’s cancelled since the park don’t be open.
Might also depend on how many CMs can make it in (servers, cooks, etc.) and what deliveries of fresh foods are able to arrive, which depends on local damage and flooding. The less the storm's impact, the more CMs should be available and the more likely that deliveries can be made.

MCO has tweeted out domestic arrivals start tonight. Departures and international flights will resume tomorrow!

Last edited:
So happy for you!!

Thank you ! I thought I had a good chance just because dealing with people face to face is so much different than dealing with a voice on the phone ..or the app. Schleping to EPCOT probably cost me any chance to do the new Mickey and Minnie ride at DHS, but I can come back easily as I live in FL now. There is no availability at any park tomorrow.

Today has been almost as bad weather wise as yesterday, but I did Rise (amazing), Star Tours (loved, but I think it suffers now in comparison to newer, similar rides like Pandora) and Slinky (LOVED). All in all, a very good day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter