Premium Seating Question

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

We are heading to universal Aug 8th through the 11th. We decided to stay at one of the Premium Resorts in order to get the unlimited express on such a short visit. I do realize that we will not get that in VB. I wanted to know how the premium seating works? Are you assiged your spot at the time you make the reservation? What area would you recommend to be most central and shaded?.....Also has an add on question....how does the virtual line stuff work? Can you tap into more then one ride at a time?...And are you given those watches upon entering the park?

I have done premium seating twice (most recently last September). Both times, I was directed to the premium seating area and once there, chose which seating I would like. I'm not sure if this is different during more crowded times of the year (like summer). I've always been seated in the premium seating area facing the wave pool. I don't know if there is any other area (others may be able to chime in). It is a good location for views of the volcano and easy to get to the wave pool. Note that you should have Early Park Admission as a resort guest. I arrived early for that so I would have first choice of seating.

In terms of shade, be aware that the sun will move while you are there - if you're facing the wave pool, it will move from behind you to in front of you. The tops seem difficult to move (I never have tried and have not seen anyone be successful so they may not move at all) so many of the seats end up with direct sunlight during the afternoon. Last time I had success with one of the seats that was to the side away from the main rows (and not directly facing the wave pool). Ones that are close to trees may benefit from that shade as well.

You are given a Tapu Tapu (the watch) when you enter the park and return it when you leave. You can only tap into one ride at a time but can do any "ride now" rides (rides that have shorter to no wait are designated "ride now") or anytime attractions like the wave pool or lazy/fearless rivers while you wait. The Tapu Tapu will notify you when you are done in the virtual line.

Do read the reviews on premium seating before purchasing. When the shade is up and the heat is up you swelter inside because there is no air flow under the shade. I found myself very disappointed in the experience, I had read the reviews but it did not really click in my brain how miserable sweltering through lunch would feel until I experienced it.

I have done premium seating twice (most recently last September). Both times, I was directed to the premium seating area and once there, chose which seating I would like. I'm not sure if this is different during more crowded times of the year (like summer). I've always been seated in the premium seating area facing the wave pool. I don't know if there is any other area (others may be able to chime in). It is a good location for views of the volcano and easy to get to the wave pool. Note that you should have Early Park Admission as a resort guest. I arrived early for that so I would have first choice of seating.

In terms of shade, be aware that the sun will move while you are there - if you're facing the wave pool, it will move from behind you to in front of you. The tops seem difficult to move (I never have tried and have not seen anyone be successful so they may not move at all) so many of the seats end up with direct sunlight during the afternoon. Last time I had success with one of the seats that was to the side away from the main rows (and not directly facing the wave pool). Ones that are close to trees may benefit from that shade as well.

You are given a Tapu Tapu (the watch) when you enter the park and return it when you leave. You can only tap into one ride at a time but can do any "ride now" rides (rides that have shorter to no wait are designated "ride now") or anytime attractions like the wave pool or lazy/fearless rivers while you wait. The Tapu Tapu will notify you when you are done in the virtual line.
Thanks so much....Il try reading through as well to get more info. Im thinking with early park entry we might just wing it and look for some shade.

Did it last week. Me, my wife and two kids (10 & 7).

You're basically paying for early entry (if you don't have it already), a locker, a set spot and a server. It's up to you to determine if that's worth the approx $250 cost.

I'm on the fence if it was "worth it". Early entry was nice, but you spend the first 20 minutes getting situated. It did help us get on the water coaster, twice, before lunch though. Virtual line was up to 4+ hours later in the day!

Like others have said, you will lose the shade in the afternoon, unless you grab one with trees surrounding you. And even then, it's hit and miss. We had one contact with our server. One. Good thing it was to take our lunch order. Food was dropped off while we were gone and trash was never picked up. Make sure to bring a CC as your wrist tap thing won't work for payment.

Having the locker and a home base was nice.

I just think $250 is super steep for what you get. But it's 25% of the cost of a cabana....

Did it last week. Me, my wife and two kids (10 & 7).

You're basically paying for early entry (if you don't have it already), a locker, a set spot and a server. It's up to you to determine if that's worth the approx $250 cost.

I'm on the fence if it was "worth it". Early entry was nice, but you spend the first 20 minutes getting situated. It did help us get on the water coaster, twice, before lunch though. Virtual line was up to 4+ hours later in the day!

Like others have said, you will lose the shade in the afternoon, unless you grab one with trees surrounding you. And even then, it's hit and miss. We had one contact with our server. One. Good thing it was to take our lunch order. Food was dropped off while we were gone and trash was never picked up. Make sure to bring a CC as your wrist tap thing won't work for payment.

Having the locker and a home base was nice.

I just think $250 is super steep for what you get. But it's 25% of the cost of a cabana....
Thank you.....I agree on the cost. We already have early entry; so after reading thru comments I think we will just take our chances, get there early and find a "free" spot in the shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter