• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premium AP Early Entry?

Pirate-Emery

<font color=blue>Did the Tag Fairy see POTC2?</fon
Oh dear me, I just realized...

I got an AP last weekend as I came to the understanding that it would make my life cheaper (also going in April and May). Well, my Park Hopper in April would have been a 4-day, so I would have been able to use an EE on that Thursday along with my family and friends (they will have 3-day Hoppers).

Then I realized the AP-ers are jipped. Now, what should I be doing? If my family and friends (a total of 15) have EE and are going in at 7am, should I just talk to Guest Services and see if we can work something out?

I have tried that before! The majority of people I hear from do NOT get let in, you will have to wait and meet up with them later!! It's one of the drawbacks of saving money!! Trust me, one EE with family is not worth buying a hopper each time you go!!

Are any of your family staying on property? Then you could go in as a guest of their room!! That's the only way I can see you getting in!! Sorry!

Andrea

I have tried that before! The majority of people I hear from do NOT get let in, you will have to wait and meet up with them later!! It's one of the drawbacks of saving money!! Trust me, one EE with family is not worth buying a hopper each time you go!!

Are any of your family staying on property? Then you could go in as a guest of their room!! That's the only way I can see you getting in!! Sorry!

Andrea

Oh loose rocks on Tom Sawyer's Island, this is not what I wanted to hear...

Maybe I can send them in and grab me Fast Passes? Ugh, that won't work either...

I guess I can just stand outside the gate and look inside somberly. If I'm lucky the Dream Squad will grant me the dream of enjoying Disneyland with my family. :rotfl2:

Bummer. In general one can buy the hopper tix, get the EE privilege, and then upgrade to AP on the last day of the hopper ticket. Besides getting EE, you can use the hopper tix on days that might otherwise be a blackout for the AP.

on days that might otherwise be a blackout for the AP.

*points to the P on the back of the card*

We should put together a letter explaining why AP's should have some sort of EE thing... Because I know I'm not the only one that thinks this is unfair.

It is kinda sad that we don't have it, but then EE would be completely overrun and when I do go with hoppers, I would be upset at the amount of people in there! Plus once or twice a year I stay on property with my AP and I love that extra perk which wouldn't be as valuable to me if it was super packed because of AP's beign allowed in!!

I am an AP and I still don't think we should have EE. Or like has been suggested before, maybe they could give out 2 EE certificates when you buy an AP that you can use during the year!!! That would be an awesome compromise!!

Andrea

And I feel your pain because all of the hyenas are going in June and they all have hoppers they are upgrading on the last day where I already have my AP so I will have to wait an hour while they are all in having fun!! Yes it stinks sometimes!

Andrea

Since the vast majority of visitors at DL are locals with AP's if they allowed those in for EE, EE would be nothing special. Staying onsite is the only way APers can get into the park early. Here is my advice. On EE days, don't even attempt Fantasyland since it will be mobbed already. Tomorrowland will also be crowded but you could always head in for fp's for Space Mountain and then leave and come back later. Frontierland, Critter Country, Adventureland and New Orleans Square however will be fine. They don't open for EE so they haven't had a chance to get mobbed yet. Then do Fantasyland on your non EE days, since nobody else will have gotten a heads up on you. Thats what we do when we have our AP's and don't stay onsite and it works fine. Even EE mornings can be pleasant and uncrowded for a time as long as you know which "land" to go to first. Have fun, saving money and having tickets in place for future Disneyland trips is worth not having some EE days I promise!

*points to the P on the back of the card*

We should put together a letter explaining why AP's should have some sort of EE thing... Because I know I'm not the only one that thinks this is unfair.

As someone who has an AP, NO WAY! If all AP'ers had EE then it would be totally pointless! Lets just cram the park with AP's at 7am. Now I think they could come up with some kind of perk say, special EE days for AP'ers only or something. All I can say is buy a park hopper use the EE and sell off the remaining days on ebay. But of course thats not right since they are non transferable.......:rolleyes1

Sometimes I wish the Premium AP had EE. Believe me I'd be there a lot more often! :laughing: I think it wouldn't be as fun for guests who can't afford or don't have AP's and who travel from out of town/state. I mostly go to the park early in the morning (when they open) and I love it: it's quiet, crowds aren't heavy yet, I can enjoy a nice breakfast and take pictures around the park. I've taken tons of photos of things in the parks that people dont' really notice. It's lots of fun going in the mornings! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter