Pre-cruise hotel - Hilton Caribe in San Juan PR

Bibbobboo2u

Always planning something Disney!
Has anyone stayed in the Hilton Caribe in San Juan pre-cruise for a Southern Caribbean criuse? This is the hotel DCL uses, but there are some not-so-great reviews on Trip Advisor about its condition, restaurants, and other issues. We would only be staying for one night prior to cruise, so I guess we could deal with it if not so great, but we are open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

We stayed there for our DCL SO Carib cruise as well, but it was prob 2016 or so. We enjoyed it. rooms were nice, thought the restaurant was decent. No complaints. But again, that was like 5 years ago, a lot could have changed by then.

We stayed there for our DCL SO Carib cruise as well, but it was prob 2016 or so. We enjoyed it. rooms were nice, thought the restaurant was decent. No complaints. But again, that was like 5 years ago, a lot could have changed by then.
Thanks! COVID appears to have impacted its operations just like the rest of the travel industry, but that is to be expected. I think we will go ahead and book our stay. I really appreciate your response.

We've yet to stay in the same hotel twice, but have enjoyed each of our stays if you're considering somewhere else:

2014 - Embassy Suites San Juan (near the airport, not very convenient for anything)
2016 - San Juan Airport Hotel (IN the airport, very convenient but extremely basic rooms. Rented a car right here and dropped it off the same day for a crazy low rate - no joke all in it was $17 for a full day).
2018 - La Terraza de San Juan (boutique hotel in old san juan, wanted to love being in the area more than I ultimately did)
2020 - El San Geronimo Hotel (extremely convenient to get to the ship, easy enough to Uber anywhere else we wanted to go)

I've thought about trying the Hilton each time but the cost is so much higher and we generally fly in the day before or two at most, not long enough to actually relax at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter