• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Practical little tips on POR Royal Rooms

Thank you so much for reporting in with all the handy tips and advice as to what you found!

We are so looking forward to the royal room but a bit wary of leaving our beloved PORFQ Riverside is just not normally our cup of tea even when in Bldg 14 (hehe) and have only spent a couple nights previously in a mansion room with a king bed (no kiddos that time).

No special request on our reservation so who knows where we end up right?

Keep those reports coming in, only 31 days left before we go!

We were in POR Royal rooms in October. Loved the rooms!!

At first I was worried that the beds were too hard, but they actually turned out to be quite comfortable. No morning backaches and we slept well. I do agree that a little softer pillows would have been nice.

Very cute, nice rooms - and I fell in love with POR!! Not sure why I never wanted to stay there before, but I will definitely be going back.

Does anyone know know if all the supplies are orange scented? DD is allergic to oranges and she enjoys the little bottles. Are the bars orange scented as well? Do they offer an alternative?

We all know that the POR Royal Rooms are beautiful, but I am a practical sort. I wanted to pass along a couple of little tips about the rooms that discovered on our trip last week....they are just silly little things, but I hope they help.

- The bedspreads are HEAVY. Seriously, I felt for housekeeping having to wrestle those puppies around all the time. They are so heavy that you might need extra hands if you want to fold them up and put them aside.

- The outlet plates are a fancy gold with a scroll decoration. They stick out from the wall a bit more than normal, and we found that the plug on DD's phone charger (Samsung) was too wide for them. There are plenty of outlets, though...a plug on the wall behind the little table, two on the bedside table, an outlet on the far side of the second bed, and an outlet by the sink.

- They must use the energy-efficient bulbs, because the bathroom light was really dim at first. You had to let it warm up a bit to get fully bright.

- We had no trouble unpacking and storing clothes for three people. We each took a drawer under the TV, and then stored stuff on the shelf under the sink and on the one above the clothes rod. The shelf under the sink is really deep and you can store a lot there.

- The safe was surprisingly roomy. We kept two iPads, an iPhone, an iPod Touch and DD's basic cell phone in there with no problem.

- The fridge is considerably smaller than the cubby it is stored in. if you have dry foods like chips, granola bars, poptarts, etc, you could probably scoot the fridge all the way to one side and have storage space for them in the space that's left.

- the Fridge didn't feel very cold at first, but it kept our drinks really cold.

- I have read some people commenting that the new beds seem harder than the old ones. I don't remember how the old beds were, but the new queen beds are quite firm. We sleep with a memory foam topper at home, and these beds felt really hard to us.

- There is a "box" around the TV on the dresser (maybe someone can post a photo). Be aware that there is a small gap between the box and the dresser top. It's about 4 inches wide on each side of the TV and goes all the way back to the back of the dresser, so it would be possible to accidentally slide a KTTW card in there and not know it is there.

- the toiletries are H2O in the Blushing Orange scent. The shampoo and conditioner are in the little bottles with the tip-back Mickey ears - very cute. The bottles are the squeezable ones (yay!). There is no shower gel, just bar soap.

We loved the room, and DD really enjoyed the fireworks on the beds. It did take us a couple of days to stop trying to move the letter from Tiana off the table! :)
Thanks so much for your review! We're (likely) staying in one of these rooms in April

Does anyone know know if all the supplies are orange scented? DD is allergic to oranges and she enjoys the little bottles. Are the bars orange scented as well? Do they offer an alternative?

I think you could note this on your original reservation and mention it again on check-in. I know there are several scents floating around various resorts, so I can't see why they couldn't get another type of toiletry for you considering your DD's allergy.

Hi
Thanks for your review!! Did the hard beds give you a backache? We stayed at Pop last November and had to change resorts because the beds were so hard. I don't mind firm, but not rock hard. I'd like to stay at POR again, but am now concerned about the beds.

did they let you move or how did that work? We stayed at POP for 6 nights and all of us had backaches in the morning. We didn't say anything because I didn't know you could complain about it. I will never stay at POP again.

Since you've just returned, I have a couple of questions regarding the Royal Guest Rooms at POR.

*** Where did you catch the bus for the parks (for the most part?). Did you encounter any bus crowding or bus timing issues?

*** What kind of coffee maker did they have in the room? I was going to use the coffee maker to heat water to make hot tea, but if it's a "pod" type system, I will buy pods in advance so that I can make hot tea each morning.

Thanks in advance!

Generally we'd catch the bus in the mornings at the South Dept right after breakfast - we are rope drop people, so we'd aim for one of the earliest buses. We'd catch the bus in the evenings at the East Depot. We never had a problem with crowded buses, except at park close back to the resort.

The coffee pots are the Cuisinart brand, with the flat, round pods. They supply pods, cups, and little pre-packaged sets of stirrers/powder creamer/sweetener.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter