• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POTC - New Boats

I will be there tomorrow, so I will try to snap a photo of the new boats if I get a chance. I will also look out for any other changes.

I've been seeing photos of new boats on POTC. Has anyone seen or riden in the new boats yet??
When did they get new boats? We were just there (I'm in my home airport waiting for DH now). Both times we rode POTC over the last week, we got soaked. It felt like I was on splash, not POTC! I guess I should have expected it after the wdw reports, but I was still surprised. It took my jeans 6 hrs to dry out last night!

I was just there the other day and did see one of the new boats :) So it is a few of them, not all of them.

I was able to get a quick photo last night. I got more wet than ever, but not on the sides like usual, instead it was right in my face! That may have been due to them packing the boats so full because of the crowds. Back rows were definitely used on all boats. I also noticed that the lighting was brighter. I was able to see details I had never been able to see before.

Attachments

• 20151121_201826.jpg
    20151121_201826.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 45
If you do not want to risk getting wet, where is the best place to sit in the new boats? Is the back better than the middle?

If you do not want to risk getting wet, where is the best place to sit in the new boats? Is the back better than the middle?
I was in the second row and the people in front of me ducked down, which is probably why I got as wet as I did. The new boats are similar enough to the old ones that the advice would be the same, sitting somewhere in the middle of the row, third row and back would be best I think. But really I didn't get too wet, just more than usual for this particular ride. Nowhere near Splash Mountain levels!

Someone mentioned not having the bar in front of you to grab anymore, but the new boats do have an area that sticks out to grip, as you can see in the photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter