Post your WDW Annual Pass Refund Here (Data Only)

When did you buy those passes? That seems awfully low for an unactivated silver which should have full value refunded.
they were bought in 2016. we were going to use them after using our other passes. It was the price we paid. Back then the price without tax was $389.00. found the exact refund which matched the cost when we bought them, $414.29 each

Last edited:
I am in the same boat with Sam's purchase. Did you ever get your closure refund? We have received nothing yet. If you did get that refund, did you get check or how was it refunded? Getting a bit concerned.
I did not ask for the closure refund because up til last week I was still expecting to use my AP. We had a trip scheduled for Sept. which we cancelled after hearing they shortened the hours even more! Just not worth it to go right now... we enjoy shows and being able to go to the parks in the evenings after it cools down some.
So we will wait for the refund to come and use it towards our March visit. Hopefully by then they will be close to fully operational and have APs available again.

they were bought in 2016. we were going to use them after using our other passes. It was the price we paid. Back then the price without tax was $389.00
Just curious... why would you ask for refund if it's not activated and good till 2030? You have 10 more years to use it... and it's cheaper than a 5 day pass?

Just curious... why would you ask for refund if it's not activated and good till 2030? You have 10 more years to use it... and it's cheaper than a 5 day pass?
We don't plan on going back now. We don't see all the virus related restrictions ever ending at the parks, which would make using the passes both frustrating and impossible for us. Also obviously they're permanently going to be doing far more massive cutbacks in hours/attractions etc than we've seen before, so it really wasn't worth it to us anymore

Type of annual pass: Gold (2)
Original pass expiration date: 09/14/2020
Extended expiration date: February according to MDE
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): full refund
Refund received: $ partial refund of $195.64 for one of the passes so far

I cancelled our annual passes on line using the email I received. Based on the instructions, it said once cancelled the pass would be good through I believe August 14. Our passes originally expires in December and were bumped out the extra month (we opted for the refund for the days the parks were closed and have received this refund check for each of our passes).
Currently our passes still show the expiration date of January 2021 instead of now being expired.
I am concerned that my cancellation request was not processed.
Thoughts?

I cancelled our annual passes on line using the email I received. Based on the instructions, it said once cancelled the pass would be good through I believe August 14. Our passes originally expires in December and were bumped out the extra month (we opted for the refund for the days the parks were closed and have received this refund check for each of our passes).
Currently our passes still show the expiration date of January 2021 instead of now being expired.
Thoughts?

You might want to ask on the big thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/

When the AP price increase went through the roof a year or so ago July IIRC and they went from 800+ to 1K+, I purchased 4 Platinums for our future use from Sams Club at the old rate before they ran out. I received the email confirmations from Sams with all the correct Disney confirmations on them. There are only 2 of us so I figured we would have APs through 2022 and now maybe beyond since this December 2020, after canceling May 2020, will be the first use of the first pair. My savings was well over 1K for the 4 of them. Any ideas if there is any chance that these will be canceled? None have been activated although I did register 1 pair on MDE so we could book certain ressies for this past May(canceled) trip. On MDE it still says expiration of Dec 2030. Hopefully I will wind up still saving all that money and not losing it all and have 4 APs just sitting around waiting to be used???

Thoughts?
I have the same issue, except they never sent our March refund and I had to contest the July with the CC company. I've been on the phone with them multiple times, and they just keep saying everything will be resolved.

I have been a fan of WDW since my first trip in 1972, but I am getting turned off from them due to the difficulty in dealing with them.

I cancelled our annual passes August 9. Got the email saying I'd get refunded "mid to late September". Nothing yet and September is almost over.
Got a follow up email saying mid sept Or oct if original method issue. New cc for me so waiting till oct

We don't plan on going back now. We don't see all the virus related restrictions ever ending at the parks, which would make using the passes both frustrating and impossible for us. Also obviously they're permanently going to be doing far more massive cutbacks in hours/attractions etc than we've seen before, so it really wasn't worth it to us anymore

It seems like a lot of assumptions are being made here, do you have any facts from which you are basing all this on?

Got our refunds today back to cc for about what I expected. Asked for full refund on first time purchase of gold passes through July e-mail from Disney. Got back $469 each for 7.5 months.

We just got ours the other day and was for the full amount expected. It took a little while but Disney made this right as they usually do.

Are people still able to request a refund? With the increased crowd levels we are considering not taking our upcoming trip and wondered if we could still get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter