Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

My dates - June 28 - July 3rd
POP with original free dining offer (booked in Jan) with park hopper tickets
Booked myself online through Disney's website (2 Adults and one child, age 17) for $2,842.00
Received an email from Disney Destinations that gave me the three choices, confirm, cancel or modify. When I picked modify, stated to call.
Switched dates to November 8-13th was told I had the choice of Fort Wilderness or DVC resorts.
CM tried to keep my cost close to the original price (2 Adults one Child age 17).
I had two offers that were close in price:
Fort Wilderness cabins, same number of nights, 5 day tickets no park hoppers and no dining for $2,935.50
Old Key West Studio for $2,994.00

And I only had to wait on the phone for about fifteen minutes before I was able to talk to a CM.

I am bummed I lost out of free dining and the park hoppers, but am now booked for a cabin which I have always thought would be fun to stay in. I am not sure what the rack rate would be for it since I can't check prices now.
Someone quoted in another post about 325 and I believe they said that was the Sun and Fun price.

My dates - June 28 - July 3rd
POP with original free dining offer (booked in Jan) with park hopper tickets
Booked myself online through Disney's website (2 Adults and one child, age 17) for $2,842.00
Received an email from Disney Destinations that gave me the three choices, confirm, cancel or modify. When I picked modify, stated to call.
Switched dates to November 8-13th was told I had the choice of Fort Wilderness or DVC resorts.
CM tried to keep my cost close to the original price (2 Adults one Child age 17).
I had two offers that were close in price:
Fort Wilderness cabins, same number of nights, 5 day tickets no park hoppers and no dining for $2,935.50
Old Key West Studio for $2,994.00

And I only had to wait on the phone for about fifteen minutes before I was able to talk to a CM.

I am bummed I lost out of free dining and the park hoppers, but am now booked for a cabin which I have always thought would be fun to stay in. I am not sure what the rack rate would be for it since I can't check prices now.

I find this interesting, surely there will be more than FW or OKW (Or any DVC Resort) open in November? Or are the only offering DVC resorts because your original June booking is affected?

SSR 2 bedroom villa

Our last trip we rented points for a studio at SS, but there was a problem with the room and they moved us to a 2 bedroom in the preferred section -
Totally ruined us :rolleyes: , and mind you - there were only 2 of us! I'm not sure how we can go back to a studio ha ha ha!!

Have fun everyone, hope your trips go as planned. Lots of us following along and hoping all goes smoothly for those of you going first.

Last edited:

I find this interesting, surely there will be more than FW or OKW (Or any DVC Resort) open in November? Or are the only offering DVC resorts because your original June booking is affected?

Right now, only DVC and Ft have been confirmed open so they are not letting anyone book anything else. Once they open more resorts, people who moved dates will be able to change.

Its crazy because I had the same issue as that poster and instead of the 1br they offered my family a studio for a party of 5... Still waiting on the upper-supervisor at guest services to call back...

just a thought, and I know this might be a pain, but you may want to call back and not wait. The fact that they are starting to give away large villas to small parties makes me think they’re running out. The person who said their party of 2 is getting a grand villa - that’s a 3 bedroom suite! I’m thinking inventory is dwindling.

EDIT: please know I am not saying this to cause a panic! It did make me curious so I logged into the DVC system and for what it’s worth, there is 100% availability in ALL room categories for SSR prior to park opening (and honestly for just about everything at SSR though at least end of August, which was as far as I looked). Not sure how “breakage” use of DVC for cash guests would factor into the use of what shows available for DVC, hope that comment makes sense. Basically just cause it’s available to DVC doesn‘t mean WDW can use it to move cash guests, but I do think it’s a good thing for move prospects.

Last edited:

Reposting this from the resorts thread.

Original 7/3-7/7 at YC. Avg $337 nightly
Original rate- AP discount
Changed dates- 7/31-8/7 at FW cabins avg $260 nightly.
Rate- CM said it was a recovery rate.

I was notified via email.

just a thought, and I know this might be a pain, but you may want to call back and not wait. The fact that they are starting to give away large villas to small parties makes me think they’re running out. The person who said their party of 2 is getting a grand villa - that’s a 3 bedroom suite! I’m thinking inventory is dwindling.
I think you have to consider the dates involved for each relocation. Assigning each reservation is like fitting a Tetris puzzle. The 2-persons in a grand villa may have been assigned that way because the guest’s dates fit the dates that the GV was available compared to other villas, which might have resulted in 1or 2 nights left vacant in a much-needed studio or 1BR.

EDIT: please know I am not saying this to cause a panic! It did make me curious so I logged into the DVC system and for what it’s worth, there is 100% availability in ALL room categories for SSR prior to park opening (and honestly for just about everything at SSR though at least end of August, which was as far as I looked). Not sure how “breakage” use of DVC for cash guests would factor into the use of what shows available for DVC, hope that comment makes sense. Basically just cause it’s available to DVC doesn‘t mean WDW can use it to move cash guests, but I do think it’s a good thing for move prospects.
DVC inventory and Disney cash inventory are two different things. Disney CRO cannot just pull rooms from DVC.

I have multiple reservations in July. I received one email, which I'm assuming is for the 7/1-7/14 reservation. When I call, will I have to deal with each of them individually? Will I be able to change each of them to different times in the year?

I think you have to consider the dates involved for each relocation. Assigning each reservation is like fitting a Tetris puzzle. The 2-persons in a grand villa may have been assigned that way because the guest’s dates fit the dates that the GV was available compared to other villas, which might have resulted in 1or 2 nights left vacant in a much-needed studio or 1BR.
IIRC, Disney can convert points that have not been booked by DVC members in the 60 day window to "breakage" and use them. I'm not sure exactly how that works or how many points they can take.

The interesting thing about the upgrade to the Grand Villa from Pop (6/26 - 6/29) is that there are both standard and preferred studios available for DVC members.

My dates were: 7/3-7/7
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: Pop Century
I originally booked using PH discount
I am being moved to: Old Key West deluxe studio
My cost increase/decrease is: $0
I made my original reservation myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are 2 adults in my party.
I will say that they did ask me my resort preference and I told them the Epcot resorts. They acted like there was no availability at the Epcot resorts. Then they put me at Old Key West. I’m thinking I may have waited too late to call because I responded by email and was waiting for a response from Disney and it never came so I finally called.

Last edited:
DVC inventory and Disney cash inventory are two different things. Disney CRO cannot just pull rooms from DVC.

Anything within 60 days of check in is fair game for Disney to use for cash guests. But, i don’t believe it is pulled in real time necessarily as Disney can anticipate and take early.

But, what we see as owners is no indication for cash guests, and I agree sharing that may lead guests to think there should be more choices, Plus when we see something available, we have no way of knowing if there is one room or 10 left.

IIRC, Disney can convert points that have not been booked by DVC members in the 60 day window to "breakage" and use them. I'm not sure exactly how that works or how many points they can take.

The interesting thing about the upgrade to the Grand Villa from Pop (6/26 - 6/29) is that there are both standard and preferred studios available for DVC members.

Which could be why they took it so studios are there for owners.

I am keeping my dates
I am being moved to: Old Key West
I will say that they did ask me my resort preference and I told them the Epcot resorts. They acted like there was no availability at the Epcot resorts. Then they put me at Old Key West. I’m thinking I may have waited too late to call because I responded by email and was waiting for a response from Disney and it never came so I finally called.

it has been reported that they are not giving choices but I bet they want guests to think so to stem complaints

Last edited:
Is the goal to keep this thread as just a list of resort changes so that the changes aren’t lost amid the comments? Just wondering if that is the intent because I think this thread is quickly going to look just like the other thread if not. Should comments and questions be referred to the Resort Changes thread?

I am keeping my dates
I am being moved to: Old Key West
That’s nice they gave you a choice or at least a preference. Looks like the only choices are OKW, SSR, or Fort Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter